Welcome Guest
    Please read before posting:
    Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • CEPS Moderators: cduggles | JessFR | tathra

VIDEO: Car Speeds Into Crowd Of ICE Protesters Outside Detention Facility

cduggles

Moderator: CEPS, Words
Staff member

A man drove a car into a group of peaceful demonstrators on Wednesday evening protesting Immigration and Customs Enforcement policies outside a detention facility in Central Falls, R.I.

After a video of the incident went viral, the Donald W. Wyatt Detention Facility said that it has placed a correctional officer named Thomas Woodworth on administrative leave pending an independent investigation. A spokesperson for the facility would not confirm that Woodworth was the driver, saying that is "subject to the investigation."

The protest was organized by a group called Never Again Action, which says that several demonstrators sustained injuries there. The group is made up of Jewish community members "protesting the prison's contract with ICE and the inhumane treatment of these people by ICE," protest organizer Amy Anthony told NPR.

It started on Wednesday evening, with interfaith leaders giving speeches and demonstrators singing songs.
I can’t believe they just put the guy on administrative leave.

Cream Gravy?

Moderator: PD, DC
Staff member
From what I can tell, he he was just pissed he couldn't get to work... Fuck man, I'd call out and be happy I had real reason. What's with people? My friend is a correctional officer and he called out last week to come up and kick it with a few Js. Life doesn't have to be so serious...

Also, @TheLoveBandit , this is a good example of videos of conservatives gettin' peeved. Actually, the Charlottesville protest murderer is the best example. Popped into my head when I saw this story earlier. Obviously not the same thing as what was posted in Chris's thread but I think you can see my point.

JGrimez

Bluelighter
In Charlottesville there was a mob of angry leftists bashing the dude's car, trying to get him out so they could bash him.

Maybe protesters shouldn't block traffic and inconvenience people trying to put food on the table to feed their children? If the protesters had jobs or children then they might view their actions differently.

cduggles

Staff member

There’s a fact check and a link to video of the murder of Heather Heyer by a Neonazi driving a car straight into a crowd.

He wasn’t provoked.

JGrimez

Bluelighter

There’s a fact check and a link to video of the murder of Heather Heyer by a Neonazi driving a car straight into a crowd.

He wasn’t provoked.
There was no reason for him to drive into another car.
But there was reason for him to speed off.
If there was a mob beating your car with weapons, trying to get you out of the car to beat you senseless, what would you do?
You would speed off. This part of the story is ignored by most people (or they simply don't know).
I'm not excusing him driving into another car, I'm not excusing him driving into people.
But he made the right move when speeding away from a violent, bloodthirsty mob.

This has been characteristic of the Left's interpretation of the events of Charlottesville. They deny that ANTIFA hold responsibility for the violence (and death) that day. ANTIFA instigated the violence earlier during the afternoon, so they should be held partly responsible for the escalation of said violence and what eventuated.

cduggles

Staff member
Watch the video. (Warning: this is a Neonazi driving a car into a group of people, killing one of them.)

Provide evidence (as you ironically demand from others).

(I’ll even humor TMZ as a “source” of your Truth.)

Just do something besides simply make things up or post photoshopped articles.

You claim to know The Truth. Where are you getting it from?

I’m quoting you to you here:
Unbelievable the lengths people are willing to go to ignore evidence and refuse to do any research.. and then make definitive claims

Be best!

JGrimez

Bluelighter
I apologize for posting the shooped article. My bad. TMZ is often a pretty decent source though, and quick.

Unbelievable the lengths people are willing to go to ignore evidence and refuse to do any research.
Are you willing to concede that leftwing ANTIFAs started a whole bunch of violence that day?

A lot of the footage of the incident has been scrubbed, and the guy's trial is in full secrecy. Why would that be? It's pretty high-profile. Because they don't want the truth of all the details getting out. This has become too political.

26:50 Breakdown of the incident
35:30 car braking,
42:00 car being hit twice

TheLoveBandit

Co-Owner
Actually, the Charlottesville protest murderer is the best example.
Technically, yes, on a white supremecist would be on the 'conservative' side. But I stated in my request that I don't consider the white supremicists as being part of the 'right' or antifa as part of the 'left'. While they are on those sides, they are on the extremes. A lot of what I meant to collect would be similar to the video Chris posted, or the instances of people in MAGA hats being threatened or attacked (or accused of being violent but they weren't) = instances of seemingly 'average' (normal?) people from either side who actually resorted to violence against the other side. Antifa and White Supremecists are acknowledged violent groups, for them to attack someone is not surprising, so I wouldn't count them as the mainstrearm left or right whom we expect to be more tolerant of one another.

In Charlottesville there was a mob of angry leftists bashing the dude's car, trying to get him out so they could bash him.
You have a bad argument on this one, which CD proved with her reply. At a minimum, you have him outside the crowd and able to leave...and instead, he charges into the crowd, deliberately. There is no excusing his decision.

JGrimez

Bluelighter
You have a bad argument on this one, which CD proved with her reply. At a minimum, you have him outside the crowd and able to leave...and instead, he charges into the crowd, deliberately. There is no excusing his decision.
Watch the video breakdown and you might change your stance. He panicked and made a bad decision. Was he intentionally trying to murder people? I don't think so. He seems like a shit human being but that is separate to his actions and the evidence (or lack thereof).

Cream Gravy?

Moderator: PD, DC
Staff member
Grimez, you seem to envision yourself and other conservative type folks being accosted by rioting crowds which demand of you to try and make an escape and then somehow getting charged for murder when they were the aggressors. I know this is a fantasy (anti-fantasy?) of yours but I just don't get it. Never in my life have I ever thought such a thing could or would occur outside of a legitimate riot.

JGrimez

Bluelighter
Grimez, you seem to envision yourself and other conservative type folks being accosted by rioting crowds which demand of you to try and make an escape and then somehow getting charged for murder when they were the aggressors. I know this is a fantasy (anti-fantasy?) of yours but I just don't get it. Never in my life have I ever thought such a thing could or would occur outside of a legitimate riot.
What are you talking about? I'm not a conservative. And the facts destroy your twisted narrative.

cduggles

Staff member
I think the part where he wasn’t fleeing an angry, vicious bloodthirsty mob cleared it up for me.

Obviously you need to believe there were good people on both sides.

Here are the white supremacists in Charlottesville beating DeAndre Harris with metal poles and slabs of wood after dragging him into a garage! (Maybe they’re ANTIFA in disguise fomenting unrest? 8()

JGrimez

Bluelighter
^Emotional nonsense.

Completely disregarding the facts and evidence.

Mafioso

Moderator: TDS
Staff member

I can’t believe they just put the guy on administrative leave.
I don't know any of the back story, just reminded of GOT when the religious fanatics take over the city and capture queen? lanister. I hear this same type of rhetoric a lot at protest, the whole "shame! shame! shame!".

Idk.. maybe it's just me and i'm missing something but I fail to see how that type of behavior is effective. Seems the equivalent of saying "no you're wrong" as a reubuttal in an argument.

cduggles

Staff member
I don't know any of the back story, just reminded of GOT when the religious fanatics take over the city and capture queen? lanister. I hear this same type of rhetoric a lot at protest, the whole "shame! shame! shame!".

Idk.. maybe it's just me and i'm missing something but I fail to see how that type of behavior is effective. Seems the equivalent of saying "no you're wrong" as a reubuttal in an argument.
I think it’s sometimes all people can think to do, particularly people with little power otherwise.

And if it catches on, it can be an effective tool for change.

But I see your point. ?