• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Vicodin & Flexeril? What to do...

wonderblonde

Greenlighter
So I took 10 mg of my vicodin (I have quite a low tolerance for opiates) and I was thinking of taking 10 mg of my flexeril since I have major cramps (that time of month). I don't have much of a tolerance for my flexeril either. Is this safe? What should I expect?

x

To get a bit tired and a dry mouth. You could cut the Flexeril in half if you want but this is a pretty common combo for people with even acute back pain, although the Vicodin would probably be the 5/300 rather than the 10/300.

I have an extremely bad back and am currently prescribed tramadol and flexeril. I have, in the past, taken Vicodin and flexeril for my back without problems beyond the usual Vicodin wonkiness and more sleepiness than usual from the added flexeril.

What I would recommend is staggering the dosing. IOTW, take your Vicodin, and three hours later, take the Flexeril, though I don't know how much good it will do for cramps of that nature as it isn't a smooth muscle relaxant.

Actually, NSAIDS work very well for menstrual cramping. Ibuprofen or Naproxen might be better bets than Flexeril. If you do decide to take the Flexeril, and are really worried, I'd suggest having a "sober sitter" with you the first time.

The combo won't kill you, but if you are super-sensitive, there is a risk of dizziness and possibly falling.

I am prescribed Flexeril and even though I've taken it for awhile, it plain ole makes me (maybe you?) tired. I'm not too sure how much i'd help you with cramps but as another poster has said, Advil used to help my wife as much as anything back in the day. I personally use my Flexerils now as a sleeping medication. It actually works as well or better than full blown sleeping meds I've had in the past (Ambien and Lunesta).

So I took 10 mg of my vicodin (I have quite a low tolerance for opiates) and I was thinking of taking 10 mg of my flexeril since I have major cramps (that time of month). I don't have much of a tolerance for my flexeril either. Is this safe? What should I expect?

x

Yes. Safe.

OP + BeachBum, can you trial tizanidine? Much better than cyclobenzaprine, which is kind of a shotgun drug with lots of anticholinergic side effects (probably was a failed tricyclic antidepressant if I were to guess). Tizanidine reports very good for back pain, and as a sleep aid. Personally not enough with cyclobenz (Flexeril) to weigh in on it, just didn't enjoy it.