• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

VIC - RAINBOW SERPENT FESTIVAL 2007 FRIDAY JAN 27th-30th REVIEWS!!

yeah it was my first rainbow too, no complaints at all..apart from the cold, cold nights..music in general was good imo, i *stayed awake all night* and saw the sunrise set at the main stage which was awesome, i then wandered off to the market stage to hear KING CRIMSON(epitaph) being cut into a song..it blew my mind, fucking unbelievable, so i don't know what's up with all the complaints about the music.
music was good on sunday night/monday morning too at the market stage.

Food was good, people were good, music was good, rainbow was good%).
It was my first doof though, so i have nothing to compare too..but really, it wasn't that bad was it?

edit by leecie: forum rules...

Last edited by a moderator:
Well - I never go for rainbow for the music. Not a big prog fan at all. It's boring and samish and i like energetic uplifting full on morning power psy to dance to SO i didnt dance much BUT i dont much at rainbow.

The first two days the music was really shit. Smack! I finally found my groove late sunday afternoon i think. Had a great boogie =D

Bummed I didnt get to meet all the bluers that were there that i still havent met. Awesome to hang out with those of you that did =D and extra thanks to shorza for picking me up from the airport and being my camping buddy =D

yay rainbow! See ya next year! =D

Did anyone hear Tetrameth's remix of Tool's schism, around 5.30am Sunday. It was wicked. The best set of the festival for me. Sensient was great too.

Deepest condolences to the poor lady who died at the festival..

It was a bit of a shock to hear about it and I feel for the two young children and husband she leaves behind.

It seems that she suffered an asthma attack and could not be revived...

I know we say it continuously and sound like a broken record... but people, please take care of yourself and make sure you are aware of the stress these foreign (through drugs/environment/and so on...) conditions may put on your body.

If you need medication - remember to bring it. Ask your doctor if you are unsure... and bring it always just in case. You are a long way from good medical help and this just shows that accidents may still happen.

(I'm unaware if this was drug related attack.. from my understanding it was caused by the excessive dust at the festival).

F

^
Yeah it was such a shame. I didn't hear the full story, just that she died from an asthma attack. I had to walk past the shrine to get to my campsite. :(

Probably not the best rainbow on record for me, but i still had an amazing time. Cool peeps, cool brews, good times.

No worries DQ, sorry to sort of ditch you there like that. The others were keen to go after being told there wouldn't be any food stalls or toilets on the tuesday.

I guess i'll be seeing you all in about 351 days (and counting).

^^ there was food stalls and loos open right until i left (and the loos were still not smelly) but thats ok - you're just not as hardcore as me ;) i kid i kid :p

Lucky I was there to save the day!!!

;)

Rancho Relaxo has never been so rowdy... Or so much fun!!

=D

Rainbow is all about staying till Tuesday so you can trash it up with all the leftovers on Monday night...

8(

^^ oh thanks for taking me back to the city to get the shuttle. I feel rude not saying thanks online after already saying thanks in "real life" now :p hehe

friskk said:
Deepest condolences to the poor lady who died at the festival..

It was a bit of a shock to hear about it and I feel for the two young children and husband she leaves behind.

It seems that she suffered an asthma attack and could not be revived...

I know we say it continuously and sound like a broken record... but people, please take care of yourself and make sure you are aware of the stress these foreign (through drugs/environment/and so on...) conditions may put on your body.

If you need medication - remember to bring it. Ask your doctor if you are unsure... and bring it always just in case. You are a long way from good medical help and this just shows that accidents may still happen.

(I'm unaware if this was drug related attack.. from my understanding it was caused by the excessive dust at the festival).

F

I tried to find the herald sun artile online but I came up with zlich. Inded she passed away. The 37yr old female was found in her tent by her friends struggling to breathe. They performed CPR but to no avail could not save her. It was an asthma attack that took her life.

We cant reinterate enough through BL and through each other...Its great to go out and party but when going to festivals and parties...specailly ones not near hospitals like EC and RSF PLEASE take care of each other. Know about each others allergies, medical conditions and know whee each other is. Look out for your mates, because they are looking out for you.

Taken from a thread in Aus Social:

This is my friend J, it is also my kite. J flew my kite into a tree. It is still there.
080107010gu1.jpg

A few setting sun shots:
080107014ml8.jpg

080107045dg2.jpg

080107068kz8.jpg

Cheers. Hey so i hope you didn't go to the meetup. If you did, sorry.

Yeah I did. All cool though. I only hung around for 15 minutes or so. Are you going to Maitreya by any chance?

Sorry dude, Doofqueen and I had already gone to Ballarat when we realised. Catch you next time.