Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

VIC // EARTHCORE // REVIEW Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
someone please give me details about heckmann!!! *im dying to know all about it* =D

My memories are awful patchy but here goes...
I remembered I wandered around a lot... I am now peeling as a memento...I have never been awake for so many hours in a row...

Stand out sets for me were Bobby Raver, Disco Pussy, Freq Nasty and Raja ram.

It was a really friendly crowd this year and people were way less munted than last year which was good.

It was a little bit disconcerting to find that the guy that went missing was hanging out at my campsite. He didn't seem that distressed then... but did he have to run off naked???

P.S. Nickthecheese very nice to meet you :)

Trixter,
Put it in my shoe and waded accross a bit then passed it to people sitting on the log and got htem to pass it along, then walked along the end of the log. a bit risky but worth it.

oh yes and nice to meet you again nickthecheese......... haha hope my little tripper buddy got your water bottle back to you ;)

1200 Mics i wish they would play an encore set!!

Almost the best set i've ever heard... period!

Funny funny people too... I want to be trapped in the 60's!

The weather was a shocker and the crowd and atmosphere was a bit more commercial this year but those are my only complaints. Trolley and Siaqua played awesome sets - definately worth seeing. Promethius were increadable, great set to smoke a spliff and regain a bit of energy for the rest of the night - chilled but brilliant set.
GMS were the standout act - much better than earthcore in the park and fuck did they rock it hard this time. A brutual onslaught of hard psy. Halucinogen weren't as good as last year but Posford was probably a bit tired from all of his sets. I was really tired for 1200 mics so I couldn't appreciate it anyway near as mcuh as what it warranted, pissed off that I missed about an hour of it.

Fucking top event and I'm already looking foward until next year.

PS- dust masks were a must at this one hey

Shit shit shit, I missed it. :| :( First time in several years, didnt know TISM were playing and I was bloody sick too. Damn. Horrific to hear about the deaths though, hope the cops to stamp down on it next year. Still hasnt really sank in that I didnt go, damn.

highlight was son kite by so much it wasn't funny....

here's proof ;)

DSC00462.jpg

Siaqua set the scene perfectly with a slick set, was extremely impressed with how far they have come! Personal highlight was GMS (didnt expect that), Juice just sent the crowd bizerk. 1200 Mics hit it off nicely... was glad to catch Mescaline before my body decided it wanted to sit down for sunday. Very intense... but enjoyable weekend...

3rd time lucky !
http://gallery121169.fotopic.net/c363363.html

:)

accidently deleted my first review. ...

the bottom line is ...was an awesome gathering

hullucinogen, 1200 mics ..gms ... son kite just a few to mention

plus all the melbourne boys on friday night ....

didnn't meet any bluelighters, have just discovered that mick is scatterface.... NICE PIC, oozing energy

peace

Last edited:
Ah yes Siaqua set off the evening perfectly.. loved stomping madly to the set before heading off for an explore! Had an awesome vibe about it and the weather was doing some pretty amazing things at the time too :)

I unfortunately peaked early and needed sleep desperately at about 4:30 am sunday mornign so missed 1200 mics (well i caught it passively as we were camped about 30 meters from the hydra floor) but loved Freq Nasty, Hallucinogen, GMS, freq and the river and everything except for the toilets, dust, the water 1/2 way through sunday and the delightful smell near the water tanker :)

12 hours in the car is ALWAYS fun!!

OMG what an event. Super super super super fun as always, a big giant king hit of love[all the force of a king hit, but love instead of punches] to all those I saw and who saw me: starfalls, hardi, dj scatterface (hey mick, thanks, hardi rode that stuff back to me :p) stacyrox, dvah, hijinx, pekkie, 1234, Lucas, Twigz, Trav, pete and tom the siaqua boys :)

You all roxored. Team "save the dinosaurs" was in full effect, saving everything but the stegasaurus 'cause nobody likes the steg.

Muzakally, 1200 mics blew me away! Hallucinogen played a solid set, but much the same as I saw last year. GMS were good, but I didnt get as much into them as I could have. Younger brother was the worst placed set time EVER i thought, would have been much better if they were on in the morning when son kite was on...

ps. funluvinggurl it was great to meet you too, look forward to catching up in the future! :)

Looking forward to 05... ;)

Big thanks to all who attended and made earthcore what it was.

Merry Christmas and have a safe and happy new year !!!!:)

wow
finaly had a weekend off to recover fromthis one

highlights
trying to pug in the 101 for the halucinogen live set and find that my arm went through the plug to the floor (really shouldn't have had that second suger cube so early)

holding a nord synth that had turned to jelly in my arms from hydra to mainstage

getitng some great on stage phots of the crazyness of 1200 mics

thinking the speakers were going to melt with all that acid squelshes that eat static were grinding out in there set

shpongle goodness (propelerheads "on her majestys service" in the middle of a shpongle set was a mind trip)

playing air violn (sim to air guitar) to son kite

meeting so many crazy people
catching out with old firends and some how totaly missing the blue ligth meet up

gettig chated up by a psy record lable owner

being offered a dj set at exodus

oh and the bigest highligth was almost being killed by one of the members of tism who didnt liek us standing back stage so though a full bottle of water at us (mist me bu about 3 inches)

Last edited:
So did that walkie-talkie ever turn up Mr Blair? ;)

Surely hanging out with Freq Nasty Himself would have been funnage too! :)

^ i dont knoe who frecked who out more

talked for a bit with him but io was triping t hard and to mucjh random shit was going on in my head by that stage
but got a greate pick of the two of us

Status
Not open for further replies.