• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

very worried (getting busted in Laos/Vietnam)

^^ I think they are going to ask the lawyer if they can "pay a fine" i.e. a bribe, but in my opinion its too late for that. Too many people are involved, i.e the embassy, the police, the jail, etc. and it would be too hard to cover up at this stage. The only time a bribe may have worked would have been right up front when it happened, or even a day or two into it. But they'll still try

Good news: he's been released and he's coming home in about a week =) The people accepted their plea and he was fined about US$2000, i dunno what the conversion is, but yeah everybody is very relieved and looking forward to seeing him.

Faaaaaaaarrk!

Never in a million years did I think he'd get off that lightly. 2k for trafficking Class A's.

Just for clarity, was it Laos or Vietnam he was caught?

That's so damn mad. Did they give him his bikkies back? You could have a celebratory goog-off when he gets home.

Last edited:
Those asian countries are hardcore authoritarian, especially towards drugs. I would not want to be in your buddy's shoes. Though him being a westerner, some leniency could be shown.

This is good news. I was wondering what would happen to him once he comes to Australia? Because the Australian Government would be aware of this, will he not get a criminal record on Australian soil, because it wasn't within the AFP's jurisdiction (likely)?

In terms of the law he has already been punished. He's not being extradited but released. Furthermore, I highly doubt our justice system would go out of their way to do anything further seeming as the quantity which he had would barely constitute a good behaviour bond (more likely a fine) in Australia.

Absolutely. The person has already been punished in the country where the crime occurred.

tambourine-man said:
Faaaaaaaarrk!

Never in a million years did I think he'd get off that lightly. 2k for trafficking Class A's.

Just for clarity, was it Laos or Vietnam he was caught?

He was caught in Vietnam