• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Very strong effect from cigarettes?

morphine-dreams

Bluelighter
So I'm just curious, does anyone else here get a VERY strong effect from cigarettes, and does anyone know why that would happen? For some reason, nicotine hits me harder than most drugs and it seems as though I've been getting more and more sensitive to it. I smoked occasionally for 2 years and at first I'd get a nice nicotine buzz, but now it's like an intense head and body rush, so strong I basically nod out. I can't smoke cigarettes while driving at all, they incapacitate me so much. I also now get a very noticeable comedown after the high wears off and it makes me feel really sick. Last time I smoked one cigarette I ended up throwing up so I'm probably just going to quit for good. But I'm curious as to why this happens, since it seems to be very unusual. The only meds I take daily now are antihistamines (zyrtec, and frequently benadryl at night).

Yeah it's really weird. I react very normally to other drugs too so idk what's up with nicotine.

I'm really glad I stumbled across this, I used to smoke weed+tobacco together for about a year and experienced no problems at all. After going on an 8 month (ish) break I started smoking again (weed+tobacco together) and found that I would be completely and utterly destroyed by smoking anything of the sort, to the point where I would have to throw up from as little as maybe 0.2g-0.4g of weed mixed with tobacco. This also happens if I smoke more than one cigarette in a row?
I've been starting to wonder if this is due to the tobacco. I'd be interested to see what other people would have to say.

You know, the very first cigarette of the day makes me very light headed, and if I smoke one 20 minutes after getting up and taking some kratom it seems to kick the kratom in really strong for a few second that I almost actually nod, but that's the only time of day that happens. I believe that their is definitely a synergistic effect between many substances and nicotine, 'cause after all there's nothing greater then having a smoke when high.

I remember many, many years ago when I first started smoking and actually inhaling them I got a very strong buzz off cigarettes. A good dizziness, I remember it was from a Newport 100. But as I continued smoking and became hooked, that disappeared. As Znegative said, that first cigarette of the day usually gives me a head buzz, and other substances potentiate it. Especially alcohol, pot, and opiates. When I drink, I like to wait until I have downed 3+ beers, and when I lit up, I would get that head rush. After smoking a d00b, or pipe I would get the same effect. While my opiate tolerance is low, usually while I am chipping on opiates, after I have shot up I would smoke a cigarette and only make it maybe halfway thru, then I would be rushing to the bathroom and puke my brains out. So medication and substance use, and it seems how often you smoke is how strong a cigarette will effect you. If you just smoke occasionally, a cigarette, especially that first one will definitely give you a head rush, but subsequent ones, not so much. I'd imagine it is because before you smoke your blood pressure is at a regular stable state, then when you light up, it is suddenly spiked and your brain is over stimulated all of a sudden. Then as you continue to smoke your body gets used to those spikes and adapts. I could be very wrong, but this is my thought of what goes on when you smoke a cigarette.

same for me, the first time i smoked a proper bit of tobacco it was in an unfiltered rollie, I smoked half of it then threw up and felt sick for the next hour. i mostly only smoke blunts or use pipes or bongs now, but every now and then i will smoke a joint because my friends will be passing one around. ive learned from experience not to smoke it anymore tho, every time i have felt dizzy, light headed and sick, and just really out of it. NO MORE JOINTS. FROm nOW ON ITs JUST PURE FOR ME I sWEAR TO GOD.

i dont get as fucked up by the nicco rush as much as I used to and im sure if i kept on smoking it then i would never suffer from it. but honestly the nicco rush is your body telling you just how bad of a substance it is, your body is totally rejecting it. so you just shouldn't smoke baccy basically. just pure weed :)

^Yeah I remember my first time smoking a cigarette it was the first 'drug' that I tried, I even got fucking tunnel vision. It's crazy, all these years later, all the substances I've been addicted to on and off, smoking was the one constant.

I used to get a pretty good buzz off of a cigarette because I hardly ever smoke but it doesn't really do much to me anymore (and I still hardly ever smoke). The first time I dipped tho I had to spit it out about 3 minutes after putting it under my lip because I started feeling slightly lightheaded.

Last time i smoked a bunch of joints with tobacco that a friend rolled, i got all clammy and cold sweats, thought i was gonna puke after about the 5th one.
Also, i did puke once from a joint w/tobacco a couple of years ago, but i was on strong opiates.
I find tobacco (and the mild maois within) potentiate a few drugs for me - opiates (in an unpleasant way, ime) and tryptamines (in a very nice way ime).
How often do you smoke though, OP?
I've never heard of someone's tolerance to tobacco/nicotine decreasing over time, unless they quit/dramatically reduced their use...

As for dip, i've never tried it. Never been much of a thing in australia, and i think banned now (our tobacco laws are draconian - which i dont have a problem with necessarily [as i never was a smoker], except for the price, which fucks over poor people who are already hooked....)