• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos very short term Benzo rec use. should I be worried/prepared for any repruccusions?

Throwitawaynow

Greenlighter
throwaway account.

basically been dealing with anxiety/depression/whole lotta shit for me while life. decided self-medication was the answer (like a dumbass).

Got 4 .5mg klonopin and 5 2mg Xanax.
Took .5mg kpin Sunday night.
Took 1mg kpin Monday morning before practice.
Took 1mg xan before practice, another 1mg right after practice.
Took 2mg xan before practice, then took another 2mg in the afternoon to get rid of it.

im a dumbass. I know.

basically, people on the team noticed I was stumbling and shit and not playing like I was supposed to (I honestly thought I was playing fine but oh well) and now I might be in some deep shit.

dont wanna get too much into my life story. I just have a simple question.

theres no way I can experience withdrawals after using for such a short term basis, right? what should I expect not using these next few days? I have no access to any more nor do I have the money for it so I won?t be using anymore. Please just give me a rundown of how this is gonna play out for me, physically and mentally.

thank you.

As long as you've never been addicted and gone through benzo withdrawals previously then you should have nothing to worry about. Worst case you might feel a bit more anxious then usual for a day or two but I doubt it, you didn't really use enough for long enough to cause a problem.

Maybe, well probabl, some rebound anxiety. Nohtin bad. Careful thouth, those runs tend to go longer and longer left unchecked. And that's where you can end in a precarious situatuion.

Everyone is different, but you would need high doses for at least 2 weeks before becoming dependent. Obviously the doses you were taking were too high for you. You should speak with your GP or your psychologist to discuss what is the best way to manage your stress and anxiety.

Did you say you finished them? Then learn your lesson and go back to good stuff like playing ball. You didn?t do shit to yourself. You feel odd for a few days or week, post another thread. Otherwise forget about it.

By the far off chance your head or vision start getting funny, get to the hospital.

Have just returned from losing 5 days in total bloackout on banzos (recreationally)

They scare the shit outta me.

Core of the problem is affecting memory and forgetting how many I have taken.

Becomes a hassle when its in a 3rd world country that doesn't speak English

You're fine, but the fact that you even considered consequences after short term use leads me to believe you have anxiety issues. See a doctor. Get REAL treatment.

Benzos are a dance with the devil.

i refer to an earlier post of mine....

5 klonopin, 3 lorazepam and a few valium lost me three days of my life in total blackout. I'm not new to benzos either.

I am starting to trust benzos to do what they should more and more.

I was in Indonesia travelling solo and ANYTHING could have happened, came to in hospital with no money and the ER staff thinking I was schizophrenic. I am also on Methadone which may make things worse.

Damn countries that sell 10 xanax over the counter at 1% of what we pay (was just too tempting)

You learned your lesson, I guess. No, you won't be feeling more than a little short-term rebound anxiety.

At any rate, the introduction of the xanax "bar" might have been one of the major mistakes in recent American medical history. Xanax is an extremely potent benzodiazepine, around the same potency as klonopin, twice as potent as ativan, or 20(!) times as potent as valium.
Notice how bars are scored so they can be easily broken into 4 pieces? A normal single dose for anti-anxiety effects is .5 mg. 2mg would be a daily(!) dose for someone with pretty significant anxiety issues and some level of tolerance. Yet over time, the 2mg "bar" became defined as the standard single dose of alprazolam, with some people getting scripted 3 or 4 bars a day. In Europe, pills containing 2 mg of alprazolam are rarely if ever prescribed, and are sometimes even placed in a different controlled substance schedule from 1 or .5 mg tablets (however, in part thanks to the tireless efforts of various rappers named "Lil'", counterfeit xanax bars have since made their way onto Europe's drug scenes).

Really, the only people who should be taking 2mg of xanax at once are those suffering from debilitating panic attacks.