• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Very Scary

Prettyboy12

Bluelighter
Hey all this my first post in awhile. So last month I had quite a scare. I had to have surgery on my arm for a bad abcsess. I had missed when doing my shot and after a week I was in a bad way. I had a fever and felt like death over Christmas. My arm looked really bad. My whole arm from my elbow down was swelled and a lot of green pus was coming out from my abcsess. I went to ER on 12/26 and the dr took one look at my arm and said I was being admitted. He said I was getting septic and needed surgery. I spent about 5 days in hospital. My arm is healed now.
You'd think that nearly dying would keep me clean but the day I was released i went home and slammed a shot in my other arm. Smdh
Have any of you had this happen too?

Yeah, this is not super common but it does happen now and again.
Generally it is recommended you go get medical attention as soon as you know it's not getting better, usually after 3 days or so. Certainly by the time green pus is coming out and you have a visible abscess, it would have been better to go in earlier!!

Yeah they did tell me that if I had waited another few days I would have died. Scared me pretty bad. I was pretty sick. Had a rash on my face from the fever.

Of course it's not like a little arm abscess will stop anyone from the ultra powerful high. People have died 30 times over on this one substance and still have no issue with returning.

It's not like I don't understand--but if you can learn anything from this experience and continue to use it's that you must either a) learn to shoot-up more consistently with you gear or b) also mix up alternate routes like snorting or etc.

Of course it's not like a little arm abscess will stop anyone from the ultra powerful high. People have died 30 times over on this one substance and still have no issue with returning.

It's not like I don't understand--but if you can learn anything from this experience and continue to use it's that you must either a) learn to shoot-up more consistently with you gear or b) also mix up alternate routes like snorting or etc.
I switch between IV and skin popping.