• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Very potent vitamin Cs like Liposonal or reabsorbing ones like Buffered.

xbandit07x

Bluelighter
Could it be my Dexedrine stopped working well because I've forever been ingesting 1000-2000 mg of Liposomal C a night, and that's about 5000 regular C equivalent. Also buffered vitamin C is said to reabsorb again and again in the kidney.

I take these vitamin Cs at night but would they really not affect it at all 8 hours later considering the load. I do this to block and reverse neurotoxicity and adrenal fatigue. But anyone know if C can also build up in the blood since there's gotta be a missing link between C and amphetamine nulling.

and can taking high dose vitamin C 4 hours or so before dosing reduce it. The medicine manual says 1-2 hours but they assume you are not megadosing C.

Yep. The longer before you megadose a vitamin that helps speed up the metabolism of the drug, would probably help the drug work/last longer.

You have been doing this for a while and it has never been a problem until now so it cannot be due to the supplements or your dexedrine would have stopped working long ago.

The issue is tolerance. Try some tums 45 mins before your amphetamine dose to remove any acidity of the vitamins c and potentiate the amphetamine. 2 birds 1 stone.

Sobriety, that's a good direction, but OP, your goal is to basify your system. If you only rely on tums/sodium bicarbonate, eventually your tolerance will just be up again.

You have to take periodic breaks and work with cal/mag/zink, etc to help lower tolerance.

Ascorbic acid doesn't increase metabolism of amphetamines, it just increases excretion, due to acidifying the urine and causing more amphetamine to be excreted as a charged salt.

BTW, ascorbic acid (vitamin C) can only be so potent - ascorbic acid is ascorbic acid no matter the form, pretty much. 1000mg is a large enough dose that it will have effects on urinary pH (and hence amphetamine excretion) no matter what you do, because a large fraction is going to be excreted. (Buffered forms will have no major difference, it's just a preformed salt that will react with stomach acid as you eat it and release "free" ascorbic acid, and likewise "liposomal" vitamin C has no major difference in bioactivity when compared to IV or regular old' powdered oral vitamin C.[ref]. I am also inherently suspicious of a product with a bunch of apocryphal miracle-cure claims and convenient, $29.95 sale offers but very little peer reviewed research in comparison...) Vitamin C has interesting pharmacokinetics where the half life (and fraction of dose absorbed) increases dramatically as you become deficient, the half life when you start to show symptoms of scurvy is something like 90 days. And you really only need something like 20 milligrams a day to treat scurvy effectively... the 60mg/day RDA is purposefully already overkill. If you are consuming the RDA every day I would wager 80% or more is excreted in the urine within a few hours.

Try taking smaller, divided doses, or cutting back entirely to ~50mg/day. You probably don't need that much Vit. C for neuroprotection - remember that it's more effective to have a balanced intake of several different antioxidants (e.g. tea flavins, vitamins C/E) than a megadose of one.

I'm taking the amount of vitamin C recconended for adrenal fatigue and immune system by many naturopathic doctors saying mammals make up to 4000 mg of vitamin c per day from their own bodies and we intake much less.

I'm taking the amount of vitamin C recconended for adrenal fatigue and immune system by many naturopathic doctors saying mammals make up to 4000 mg of vitamin c per day from their own bodies and we intake much less.
How long are you taking a break fro dexedrine dude? U will recover hella fast with all these supps, lots of food and rest

"

Last edited:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uql9B93h1Xc
2:50-5:08 is relevant

Edit:
Other problems can be:
- In patients with a history of kidney disorders, kidney failure has been reported after ascorbic acid treatment. Patients with a tendency to develop kidney stones should not be treated with high-dose vitamin C. (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0054448/)
- irritation of intestinal mucosa and urethral irritation http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1272631/?page=1
- http://www.mayoclinic.org/drugs-supplements/vitamin-c/safety/hrb-20060322
High doses of vitamin C have been associated with multiple adverse effects. These include blood clotting, death (heart-related), kidney stones, pro-oxidant effects, problems with the digestive system, and red blood cell destruction. In cases of toxicity due to massive ingestions of vitamin C, forced fluids, and diuresis may be beneficial.

Use cautiously in chronic, large doses. Healthy adults who take chronic large doses of vitamin C may experience low blood levels of vitamin C when they stop taking the high doses and resume normal intake.

Vitamin C in high doses appears to interfere with the blood-thinning effects of anticoagulants such as warfarin. Caution is advised in people with bleeding disorders or those taking drugs that affect bleeding. Dosing adjustments may be necessary.

Vitamin C may affect blood sugar levels. Caution is advised in people with diabetes or hypoglycemia, and in those taking drugs, herbs, or supplements that affect blood sugar. Blood glucose levels may need to be monitored by a qualified healthcare professional, including a pharmacist. Medication adjustments may be necessary.

Vitamin C may increase blood pressure. Caution is advised in people with high blood pressure.

Last edited: