• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Very optomistic on opiates?

How long till we see a 'proper' opiate-like RC? Phenazepam has managed it with benzos....

What do you mean 'proper' ? You could argue it is already here in the form of heroin and fentanyl derivatives.

How long till we see a 'proper' opiate-like RC? Phenazepam has managed it with benzos....

O-desmethyltramadol was out in the RC scence a few months ago but it completely vanished. Most reports stated it was a pretty damn nice opioid.

As has been said many times, opioid RC's do not pop up often, and for very good reason. Opioids are quite easy to fatally overdose on. If an easily available RC opioid hit the scene, you would see deaths-there is no question about it.

The last thing that a RC wants is the attention that would be generated by the death (or likely multiple deaths) of users of their product. I don't think these companies have any moral problems with offering such a drug, I think they are just aware that by offering an opioid its only a matter of time until people start to die, and that ain't exactly good for business.-DG

Perhaps they are around more often than we realise, just because when you are taking such a large hit of opiates that you are nodding in your own drool you probably don't realise that it is a different substance you are taking.

I feel it necessary to say that if you end up needing opiates / opioids for pain, the optimism turns to absolute pessimism.

I feel it necessary to say that if you end up needing opiates / opioids for pain, the optimism turns to absolute pessimism.

so opiates make you pessimistic when you take them? doesn't make too much sense to me. even though im addicted and hate opiates, they dont make me pessimistic when I am high...i still get optimistic lol.

so opiates make you pessimistic when you take them? doesn't make too much sense to me. even though im addicted and hate opiates, they dont make me pessimistic when I am high...i still get optimistic lol.

Whilst you are on them yes, but all the WD and fucked up shit in your life because of them makes it pessimistic overall.

opiates can do all kinds of fun/terrible things to ya.. I was optomistic on them till I become addicted.. One can only do good for so long

Man, I get the opposite of that. I usually just feel so good that I want to be left alone and I get into alot of arguements because im usually bitchy on it too.

oh i remember the days when a 10mg percocet would have me feeling this way all day long :)
it was christmas time around when i first really starting using opiates all the time. christmas time is amazing enough without them, so i was in pure bliss when i was on them! it was the best christmas ever that year.

i used to have the best days ever on opiates. they made me so happy and loving toward everything and everyone, even work and my boss whom i despised! i loved working, helping customers, & cleaning (at work and at home) when i would take opiates. i felt like i could take on the world. nothing could ever get me down.

fast forward-
i can't get through the day without opiates anymore and half the time i don't even feel them. sometimes i still get a little more talkative and my mood lightens just a bit, but then i remember i'm an addict and i often just cry.
i have a love/hate relationship with oxycodone now.

enjoy your opiates responsibly or you will grow to hate them equally as much as you adore them now. this is fact. you can read it all over these boards. tread carefully!

I seriously love that about opiates. Problem is at high doses it gets kind of oxymoronic. I'm thinkin "Damn I feel so ready for this test coming up tomorrow, but I'll be damn'd if I gonna get my ass off the couch and study for it!". Lol

Lol, i know right?

No kidding,
getting too high, even for me is too much because I just feel "noddy", like the first time I was on the morphine pump, I felt great and loved just laying there listening to all my music I had after my whole colon was taken out. But the thought of working on my hobby, lol never crossed my mind, I just wanted to lay in that bed of euphoria.

Total different story on norco 10/500, I learned to fine tune my opiate glow all through 04 so that I was "as long as I was buzzing" full of energy like never before in my life, full of ambition like I never had in my life and best of all suddenly my lifelong fatigue laden depression just dissapeared beneath the milky way. I could think so clearly, it was like I was finally "in touch with my soul".

Sadly, I for certain reasons can't mention here am stuck on one of the 2 only measly opioid "maint" programs in the whole US, Suboxone 2 8mg pills each day. I just dosed my last one of the day and am waiting for some relief from misery because of something dumb I took last night, too long to get into.

I was a miserable chronic binge drinker type of alcoholic started drinking mad dog grape wine at 17 with my Dad, I caught the worst of his addiction that runs mad throughout his whole family and skipped a generation I think even on my Mom's side of family, hit my brother a little. But he is like BLOWN away at me. Lol kettle calling the kettle black, we joke alot to each other.

I still say, ever since I saw the lovely "light at the end of the tunnel was not a train but opiate glow" in the beginning of 2004, I obsessed myself with opies and decided to just "plop myself right where I belong"

OH come on sub, ha ha submarine come to the surface, I dosed at 9:11 and now its 9:48, I'll give "you an hour to make me feel real good", if not I'm gonna scare you with methadone lol.

YES, They attatch to mu encephalin-opoid receptors which are all throughout your body.

Opiaddict,
You mention the opioids bind to mu-encephalin receptors all over the body.

In medical terms encephalin refers to the brain, so are the receptors called that just because they are the same as the ones in the brain, or are they actually different mu-receptors? Sorry to bring up such a minute detail, I'm just very interested in learning all I can.
Thank you to anyone who can help