• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Very optomistic on opiates?

its.euphoric

Bluelighter
I haven't done opiates for a while, but I member when I did them every so often, (just lortabs) even if I only did a little bit, anything I thought of, i was optimistic about.

Like, I remember thinking about all types of things and it was so cool to be so excited for things and not doubt what was to come. And I didn't even notice that it was the opiates doing it at first. Until the next day I thought about the same thing and I felt like my ideas just sucked all of a sudden...
And I never have felt like this with other drugs...

I just think it's interesting how they do this. Does anyone else get that?

Back when I first started fuckin' around with vicoden and what not, I would get such a good high going I would feel like I was on top of the world. But that fucking faded away quick. After I was shooting dope multiple times a day just to feel normal, "optimism" was the last thing on my mind. At least that is slowly turning back around with the help of methadone maintenance.

I started using opiates for a clavicle break 2 and half years ago. The bone healed non-union (in two separate pieces). After multiple doctor visits over a 7 month period I eventually had a bone graft from my hip to my clavicle. Prior to this point in my life I was a depressed alcoholic and almost daily cocaine user from the time i was 16 through 24. Directly after the surgery I discovered my real drug of choice, opiates. I was given a morphine drip for two days and was then released home with 90 7.5mg/500APAP hydrocodone and tons of skelaxin. I will never forget running around like a mad man feeling as if I could conquer the world with a knot on my shoulder that looked like an extra head.

The painkillers allowed me to be sober for the longest period of my life. At that point I took a look back and realized I was a horrible alcoholic. I used the opiates for pain in the beginning but after a while the comfort and optimism they gave me was a necessity in my business and personal life. It was the first time in my life I found true success and with such the opiates became more of a staple.

2 and half years later, they are still a staple, but instead of being a source of optimism and power, they also are my achilles heal. I still have the same euphoria and effects but that sometimes requires a larger dosage. I quickly moved to 10/325 norcodone and have been prescribed and illegally bought everything from darvocet to oxycontin 80's and dilaudid 8's.

I can no longer imagine a life without opiates as they give me my walls of defense and rock of sobriety. I don't think that being an opiate addict is the ideal situation, but it works for me and is a much better choice than Alcoholism and Cocaine abuse, but that's just me. ;)

I seriously love that about opiates. Problem is at high doses it gets kind of oxymoronic. I'm thinkin "Damn I feel so ready for this test coming up tomorrow, but I'll be damn'd if I gonna get my ass off the couch and study for it!". Lol

Yeah there is nothing like waking up for another work day, and then remembering that you have a warm hydrocodone waiting for you to help you face the day with a giant grin and optimism to boot. I also write GREAT songs while on a fair dose of opiates which is yet another plus. WE all know the negatives though so there's always that...:(

Like everyone else said. Felt great in the beginning. Never thought they could ever have me like this. I don't even feel them anymore. Only feel when I do not have them now.

opiates made me feel so optimistic that i just wanted more and more of them. so much that i stopped breathing on three different occassions. be careful. the euphoria only lasts for so long...enjoy it.

Like everyone else said. Felt great in the beginning. Never thought they could ever have me like this. I don't even feel them anymore. Only feel when I do not have them now.

Jeeeeez this is so true
At first they feel great
Then you don't feel them
Then you can only feel when you don't have them

YES, They attatch to mu encephalin-opoid receptors which are all throughout your body.

opiates make me optimistic, but not necessarily productive or successful. stimulants on the other hand cause both optimism and (potentially) productivity.

Oh yeah they make you optimistic and make everything seem possible. But then they'll fuck you later!

lol i know the feeling all too well.

this is the cycle i go through

wake up: withdrawing from opiates, i wanna quit this shit, fuck this shit, my lifes shit blah blah

then I decide fuck it ima quit tomorrow ima get fucked up today, then i get opiates and when I am high im just so optimistic like DAMN QUITTINGS GONNA BE EASYYY yeah ill just withdaw the next few days fuck it no problem

then im not high anymore and im like fuck me

I vote for the OP to make a whole series of threads like this one.
For instance

"Very Relaxed on Benzos?"
"Lots of Energy on Amphetamines?"

I vote for the OP to make a whole series of threads like this one.
For instance

"Very Relaxed on Benzos?"
"Lots of Energy on Amphetamines?"

good one... not

Ok, if I was gonna make one like what you're saying I would've said, pain relief from opiates?

I never really noticed the optimism the first times I took it until one day I was just by myself and started thinking about things and I noticed it... And I never really heard other people talk about it.

This is why people get addicted to them and t hey slowly destroy their lives.

Initially they make you feel motivated and optimistic, after a while you need them to feel normal, after even longer you need them to feel awful, but without them you will feel like killing yourself.

Slippery slope dude! I suggest that you just forget about opiates, almost everyone starts out like you, then before you know it their life is going down the drain. Before anyone says it yes I realise some people can do it but the majority simply cannot.