• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Very mild serotonin syndrome?

cyberius

Bluelight Crew
Yesterday I started taking lexapro (SSRI) and I decided to finish off the last of my meth I had. I had a really big line and didn't really feel many euphoric serotonin based effects but I felt a very clean, razor sharp focus. Everything went typically until I noticed the next morning on the tail end of the comedown I felt absolutely fantastic, like I had an afterglow.I'd go as far as to say I felt better than when I took the meth in the first place.

This really threw me off though, and I was getting a lot of other new unexplained effects I haven't gotten from meth before. I was in a very mild psychosis as meth usually does to me, but I was getting very mild acid like visuals as well. I also felt like my mood was impossibly rigid considering how sober I felt; Like I was stuck on this chemical esq "happy mode". Along with this I felt very loose and light, and I had a radiating headache that kept going through my head.

Does this sound like a very mild serotonin syndrome? Should I be more careful in the future? It's just so strange to feel 120% after taking meth, this doesn't seem like a very good sign at all lol.

What I'm about to write shouldn't be used to make any decisions by anyone. It's a personal account of my amp + Paxil usage.

I was on Paxil 40-mg/day (compete shit imo, for me anyway) and i used pharmaceutical amps for about eighteen months, or meth, or coke or all four. I'd use amp pills and also some Mexican "pre-glass" d-meth (2003) when it wasn't as popular in the US, I imported myself... I got it as a of white toluene odor rock, super inexpensive. Stupidly so. That shit was as good as the glass I later started to get, I digress...

I had no problems and took Paxil the entire time.

Now... MDMA with Paxil caused severe issues with mood swings and violent behavior.

I don't know much about serotonin syndrome, but I'm pretty certain I never suffered any level of it.

I have an very high tolerance to negative effects of clean(-ish) drugs, even combos. I'd stay up a week on very clean glass and only get mild hallucination. I'd drive from Tucson to LA and back three times on one run and never felt a danger to anyone. Never pulled over... Never lost my shit, or my drugs....

Quiting Paxil was worse than dope for me, even with a taper, but way easier than benzos!

None of this is HR.... I strongly suggest anyone taking seritonin drugs to be very wary of other drugs that also effect seritonin, regardless the mechanism. Remember, I'm not well informed on serotonin, as such I tend to extreme caution, despite my past experiences.

OP - I don't think you had a SS reaction. I think you had a synergy that was beautiful. I've had that. I couldn't reproduce it after a few weeks on an SSRI, and I do not recommend you try.

Stay safe... Let's hear from the better informed please. Thanks.

Yesterday I started taking lexapro (SSRI) and I decided to finish off the last of my meth I had. I had a really big line and didn't really feel many euphoric serotonin based effects but I felt a very clean, razor sharp focus. Everything went typically until I noticed the next morning on the tail end of the comedown I felt absolutely fantastic, like I had an afterglow.I'd go as far as to say I felt better than when I took the meth in the first place.

This really threw me off though, and I was getting a lot of other new unexplained effects I haven't gotten from meth before. I was in a very mild psychosis as meth usually does to me, but I was getting very mild acid like visuals as well. I also felt like my mood was impossibly rigid considering how sober I felt; Like I was stuck on this chemical esq "happy mode". Along with this I felt very loose and light, and I had a radiating headache that kept going through my head.

Does this sound like a very mild serotonin syndrome? Should I be more careful in the future? It's just so strange to feel 120% after taking meth, this doesn't seem like a very good sign at all lol.

No it's not serotonin syndrome. It means you've unbalanced the regions of your brain and how they are individually stimulated, all of a sudden during sleep, and from that plateau, you view your experience in a different way. It's a bit of a mind twister but, you're definitely not into serotonin syndrome. This usually occurs when you skip a few nights on meth or are really tired while on meth and fall into deep sleep, which triggers a psychosys type of REM sleep.

Typically, you're stuck in an irrational dream where something is missing and you need to solve the puzzle. Sometimes your eyes open and the objects around you like the pillow, a vase or the bed cover actually become part of the puzzle and you're trying to put them together. You actually get to experience life with only part of your brain, rest is shut down...isn't that cool! In fact, the reason why you can't explain why but you feel that something is missing, it's because your brain can somehow recognize that it's awake, but it's missing a whole part which is still dormant. I believe memory and cortex are dormant, rest is awake and can see! When you "solve" the puzzle you wake up in that state.

So when you finally come to your senses you realize something has changed, you feel ok but different, that's normal...so you're good. I don't know about you but me, waking in a bed, in a room, inside a house that I lived in for the past 20 years and not knowing what it all is, like I was just born into this life, is the most amazing thing ever lol. I can literally look at a simple object, like a chair, with curiosity, not knowing it's made so humans can sit on it! Then both the memory and the cortex slowly comes back and yells at you with disappointing observations "this is the table you bought at IKEA 3 years ago, what's wrong with you" or "that's your computer, you still haven't removed that junk browser that's causing you trouble" then the reality around you begins to lose all flavor and you're back lol. Memory makes everything seem uninteresting. It's so much better when your disk is wiped and you know nothing.

All I can say is, if you're able to play with the fabric of reality in such ways, you were surely not born for nothing and when the time comes you would have surely died for something. Really man. How many people are this lucky? They experience their everyday bullshit and then they die from cancer, because their body is so fed up with the boredom that their DNA broke inside them. Like, it just exploded in individual pieces saying "I'm done replicating this nonsense, I'm out". Nowadays, people give absolutely no reason at all for their DNA to replicate them. They're a waste of space.

Last edited:
I wouldn't keep the habit of meth and ssri's up, but you just had a little boost in serotonin which prolonged and or added to the effects.