• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Very High Dose Gabapentin?

T1gersxjaw

Bluelighter
Hello all,
I was browsing bluelight today, reading something about MDMA + Gabapentin. While reading, I came across mutliple users saying that Gabapentin could be dangerous at high doses. I have taken some very high Gaba doses--up to 10-12 grams, although I usually consume around 6-7 when I dose, and I actually really love the high I get from it. I had always been under the impression that Gabapentin was a fairly harmeless drug, and I've read that its virtually impossible to overdose on (i read up to 49 grams or something).

So my questions are,

1. Is it fairly safe to do high dose Gabapentin? i.e. is there some high risk I'm unaware of or some long term effect? Because I've been taking these doses occasionally for the past couple of months.

and,

2. Assuming there is no massive danger in taking Gaba, I was also wondering if mixing it with MDMA (.2, nothing massive) poses any extra danger.

Thank you!

The only toxicity ive ever read about was kidney problems because gabapentin is only excreted renally.

In my experience, mixing any kind of intense stimulant with gabapentin or pregabalin has caused major anxiety (i do not have anxiety normally), so i do not advise it. Also, gabapentin tends to potentiate a wide variety of drugs, so if you are still going to try this mix, i would advise lowering your dosages for both the gabapentin and the MDMA

yeah, gabapentin by itself is pretty harmless, you might want to try and experiment with lower dosages, because the bioavailibility (absorption) of the drug declines pretty drastically. I think its something like, 1g has a BA of 60%, 2g 40%, 3g 35%, 4g 27%, or something like that, I found the exact numbers a few days ago, but the point is that you'd probably get just as much out of 1-2 g as you would out of 5 or 6. If you give yourself a tolerance break you'll probably find yourself even feeling dosages as low as 600mg or 300mg though it won't produce that weird kind of weed meets alcohol type intoxication at such low dosages...It feels more like a speedy benzo at low dosages to me.

I took 18 grams before its real hard to have a problem with the stuff but really you don't need very much I think 1-2g is plenty like Znegative said.

I mean, if you're not prescribed that super high dose (I can't imagine anyone legitimately needing six grams) you're eventually probably going to have to withdraw from it. Gabapentin withdrawal is an extremely difficult thing to get through. Whenever you mix drugs, especially recreational and prescription drugs, things get fuzzy in that people just don't know what will happen. Gabapentin is also one of those drugs that we know the least about too. I'd call it dangerous in the acute as well as the chronic phase.