• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Vent/Rant Thread vs I'll tell you how I really feel (Triggering Content)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It makes sense man. I'm sorry you're having trouble. <3 I can certainly relate, I "quit" and lied to my family and wife about many times over the last few years. Led to my divorce (though in this case that's actually a good thing - something positive hidden in something negative). That really is so irresponsible and careless of your doctor... bad move, and that really sucks.

You CAN function without heroin, it's just going to be really hard at first. Don't you think it's worth it to get your life back? You are NOT a bad person, you're a person who's in an incredible amount of pain and turmoil and you're making bad decisions and your priorities are chemically altered as a result. It's not the intended result, it's a side effect from your addiction.

Fucking mood swings are pissing me off. I was happy literally 2 minutes ago and now i feel depressed. I wish my Medicaid app would hurry and get approved, I need to see a doctor.

Definitely you're justifying. I strongly suggest you do NOT have a beer. Normal people do drink on weekend nights sometimes but you've got a problem with alcohol and you're trying to detox so you do not qualify as normal in this case. This will set you back if you do it.

Stay strong. <3 I'm VERY familiar with rationalizing using to myself, it's the sneakiest trap of addiction.

Thank you.
I didn't end up having any.
Made coffee instead followed by a snack and a nap lol.

Do you think i will ever be able to go to having a few on the weekend, like if i was to go out with friends (if i have any left at this point) or something?
Or will i always be "that guy" at the bar that has a tonic water and juice and everyone that doesn't know ive had problems with addcitions are like WTF is wrong with him?

^ I recently spoke to my boss about my depression and that largely being the reason i don't drink, I left out the substnace abuse bit becuase I kinda need the job.

Mrs A has a glass of wine most evenings, alcohol seems very manageable for many people, for once I've enetered a patern of abuse with a substnace I can't go back, I don't belive I could drink in moderation again.

Status
Not open for further replies.