• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Vein trouble

Mollieollieo

Greenlighter
I am new to this so I hope I do this right. I read the rules so hopefully I'll be ok. Here's my issue. I have horrible veins. Nothing that pops out at all. Nothing in my hands or my feet, or arms or anything. All i have is these squiggly little things like they were drawn with a pen. Ive been using ones in my thighs but it bruised me up really easily and they're so hard to find. I'd like to know if anyone has any experience with this problem and if there's anything I can do about it. Is there any way to build them up or anything so they can become bigger or something? Thanks!

(homeless ---- > Other drugs)

Hey welcome to Bluelight. My veins suck and I only injected for a short time. I was told they roll, whatever that means. The last time I needed an iv in hospital, it took three nurses and they still couldn't get it so the doctor had to step in.

I just saw a thread about where to shoot when your veins are trashed. This may help:
http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/418553-Where-to-shoot-when-ur-veins-are-trashed

To get your veins to pop out get in a warm shower (prep your shot first). Dry off. Sit comfortably with decent lighting.

You find veins by feel not sight. The veins to use are not surface veins and fuck sake dont use feet or hands. Crook of elbow or if desperate wrist.

Tie off with a wide firm elastic tie and pump up your arm and fist. Feel the vein . Yse a decent suitable gauge like 29.

Everyone has veins. Mine suck too.

Mine used to be good, now they hide from me. I have a couple that roll too, they just kinda shift away from the needle.

Ill second zeph's excellent advice and add that a leather belt or shoelace work pretty well for a tie off as well.

You mind if I ask what your injecting?

And yes, heat is effective, and a basic tie off, like even a hospital uses can work wonders

It is better to feel the vein of possible; and you should probably read up
on some of the basics of you don’t already know ( like veins to avoid)

Honestly, cannot really explain the how to-have never had much trouble myself, for many a year now- though I am quite thin, however I have had to help other people inject before; Wouldn’t do that now, just pointing out, it seems to be something you learn, although some people are easier than others.

Finally, inject with the blood flow if at all possible-not against it.And, inject slowly, or at least gradually. It may be a bonus however your body doesn’t need it smashed in there

I shot pills for like 9 years with no vein problems, then I move out to Colorado and use black only and my veins are trashed. within 2 years man. My arms are used up rarely can hit, both hands hardly work, have used my shoulder veins, my chest veins, my thighs my calves, neck, ,ankles, hip, butt, dick literally anywhere you can get a shot in. What I do nowadays is I just go get in the shower to get my veins to the surface. It's easier than poking myself for nothing. Also if your like trying to use say your bicep or forearm do some push ups. Try to exercise the area you're trying to hit and get that blood flowing. Always use a tie and if you can when your hitting if it's a vein that rolls try and use a finger in one side if the vein to keep it in position. Good luck be safe

(homeless ---- > Other drugs)

Hey welcome to Bluelight. My veins suck and I only injected for a short time. I was told they roll, whatever that means. The last time I needed an iv in hospital, it took three nurses and they still couldn't get it so the doctor had to step in.

I just saw a thread about where to shoot when your veins are trashed. This may help:
http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/418553-Where-to-shoot-when-ur-veins-are-trashed

Well the said thread is full of misinformation and people commenting who have no or not much of a clue. Still amazes me all the nonsense that I come across when it comes to IV use and veins.
Rolling veins just means that some people have a tendency that their veins roll to the left or right when you try to hit them. There are some places where basically everyone has "rolling veins", esp. on your feet. But it's easy to deal with these veins, just a matter of technique: the trick is to hit them very fast, you place the needle (you have to use the right size according to the veins you use) and Whamm quickly pierce it into the vein. Sometimes it takes a second try and with small veins you have to be careful because if you pierce through them they blow up. Most users are at first afraid to do it this way, they hesitate and do it too slowly so the vein rolls but after you realize how you have to do it you'll learn it quickly.

Hydration makes a huge difference, as does exercise. Make sure you're drinking a lot of water, get to a warm room, get down and do a couple pushups and your veins should pop out as much as they're going to.

That said, the reality is that some people have shitty veins. Being realistic, body fat also makes a huge difference, I could only hit right in the crook of my elbows when I was shooting regularly because I was fairly overweight. Lost the weight and now I can pop every vein on my forearm with minimal effort - but I don't really IV anymore :/ Such is life I guess.