• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Vein moves closer to surface?

LotusExige

Bluelighter
Did some searching and couldn't find anything so my apologies if I just missed it.

My question is this, as you use veins do they move closer to the surface? That might sound weird but for example there is a big vein on the top side of my forearm that I use a fair bit. When I first found it it was rather deep - a 8mm needle was pretty much straight in to reach it way down there. Registered and hit for weeks then it started to close up. I found that it seemed to be right near the surface, even if I would go in as flat to my arm as possible I'd wind up going through it and pretty much can't hit it as it seems so shallow now.

Is that true, do veins somehow move up closer to the surface as they get damaged or am I doing something wrong? Thanks for any input you can provide!

~LE

Nothing folks? No one else experience this? Definitely seems to be true, recently the vein in the top of my left arm sorta near my wrist was hitting great, good and deep where an 8mm needle would just reach it and now it's basically right at the surface...

Well I thought I'd bump this one last time as it really surprises me no one has a take on this. It definitely seems to be true with me, when I first hit the vein on the top outer side of my forearm I had the needle at an almost 90 degree angle with the skin (8mm tip). Now no matter how shallow I go I seem to go right through it.

Anyone?

There is a time where veins move around in the body slightly and that is when you are hot. Veins carry blood which is water based and thus a good temperature regulator when you get hot the veins move closer to the surface to diffuse some of the heat. They can also expand a bit if you are working out as a means to get more blood to the muscles.

Using needles to constantly hit veins will have an opposite effect if anything as your body will view it as a sign of stress or injury and will try to preserve your life by moving the veins lower or causing harder protective coatings to occur.

Dont know for sure thats just my take on it.