• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids vein damage from iving pure opiates

I can only imagine the quality of coke from Peru, yeah I have to agree with you 100% on the quoted part btw.
I limit the IV use of crack I do as it is ssssssooooo good I could just sit in my flat shooting that stuff 24/7
you know ZB, the honeymoon was over as the paranoia set in. And when that happened it wasn't fun anymore.

As long as you practice sterile techniques proper injection technique don’t reuse needles and rotating sites then injecting pharm opioids made for injection shouldn’t be to bad. But you only have so many useable veins to begin with.

My mistake was in compulsively injecting stimulants (20 times a day at some points, iso extracted wheel filtered MPH) and using the big main one on my arm far too often beacause it was easier and I was impatient . That vein collapsed eventually and now there’s just scarring and a little dip in the skin where it used to be.

RIP mainline.

But opioids don’t generally lend themselves to that kind of compulsive injecting (unless they’re ultra short acting) so opioids made for injection with proper techniques etc should be *relatively* harmless (apart from overdose which is much less likely in a tolerant individual using consistent potency drugs who understands about the additive effect of mixing in other CNS depressants)
OH SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME, i've iv'd tons of coke and fav vein only works with huge needles, with the insulin ones i can't pull blood. Weird, now i needa huge SPIKE to get in my vein. Anyways, yeah eventually when u compulsevely inject cocaine or stims( i was injecting coke 30-40 times a night at my worst) you're gonna have ur veins collapsed as soon as possible. Not worth it for a 15 min high.

you know ZB, the honeymoon was over as the paranoia set in. And when that happened it wasn't fun anymore.

Why the hell are the neighbours putting cameras in the wall to film me & then show the cops? I'll sort this out once & for all by setting fire to the wall, yeah that will fucking show them!!!

My God there are people outside that know I've just been jacking off for the last hour, damn perverts trying to watch me, I'll kill them!!!!

Why the hell are the neighbours putting cameras in the wall to film me & then show the cops? I'll sort this out once & for all by setting fire to the wall, yeah that will fucking show them!!!

My God there are people outside that know I've just been jacking off for the last hour, damn perverts trying to watch me, I'll kill them!!!!
HAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHHAHHAHA

ok, i'm starting to yawn. Time to cope. cya :)

I think it's GABE that's watching us from Dawg-Heaven, he doesn't want us to harm ourselves with those nasty yummy CLASS A droqs. uu

Most of my vein damage is not even related to using street quality drugs (including tar).

Most of the damage has come from reusing needles and sticking myself in the same spot repeatedly.

Drugs with a short duration (ie coke or fent) will destroy your veins quicker than caustic drugs (ie tar) will because you have to do so many shots.

Stims also cause vasoconstriction making it harder to hit the vein (it essentially becomes smaller).

I actually prefer smoking rock to
Iv powder and I’m sure glad about that. Iv is too intense and scatterbrained for me.

Both roa’s seem about equal in terms of causing paranoia.

Last edited:
Most of my vein damage is not even related to using street quality drugs (including tar).

Most of the damage has come from reusing needles and sticking myself in the same spot repeatedly.

Drugs with a short duration (ie coke or fent) will destroy your veins quicker than caustic drugs (ie tar) will because you have to do so many shots.

Stims also cause vasoconstriction making it harder to hit the vein (it essentially becomes smaller).

I actually prefer smoking rock to
Iv powder and I’m sure glad about that. Iv is too intense and scatterbrained for me.

Both roa’s seem about equal in terms of causing paranoia.
When you consume. a drug ypur body has. some. mechanisms to. protect itself, when you. iv you bypass all. of that and goes straight to the blood therefore the brain. its like turning on a car on gear 5,you fuck up the car.same thing happens when you iv stims. dunno if i made myself clear. cheers NZN

I've IVd pharm. grade opiates for 5+ years and still manage to find a vein. Sure they aren't sticking up or anything great like that, but I do find they regenerate after a period of going to other sites. My biggest problem is the desire to just inject. Does anybody have that? I never understood people who cut, but I think this might be similar. Obviously injecting via IV not IM. Would love to hear from others who have this affliction. Sometimes I will just saline 3/4 of it (when I am running low of course) and then use the other 1/4 of opiate solution to get the "flash" and then it does something - a stress relief sort of thing. Sorry if this is going OT.

I've IVd pharm. grade opiates for 5+ years and still manage to find a vein. Sure they aren't sticking up or anything great like that, but I do find they regenerate after a period of going to other sites. My biggest problem is the desire to just inject. Does anybody have that? I never understood people who cut, but I think this might be similar. Obviously injecting via IV not IM. Would love to hear from others who have this affliction. Sometimes I will just saline 3/4 of it (when I am running low of course) and then use the other 1/4 of opiate solution to get the "flash" and then it does something - a stress relief sort of thing. Sorry if this is going OT.
same here, I've been using(abusing) Pharma grade morphine ampoules for 7 years. And nope, no dmg to my veins whatsoever, even when i inject everyday multiple times a day, nothing happens to my veins, they are still thr same. ? ? ? On topic:you seem to have a needle fixation, when i had to quit morphine for obvious reasons(i was broke, my tolerance was through thr fking roof, i was wding after every 12" hrs of my lsst dose) it wssnt sustainable anymore. it never was actually, but somewhat like u, i had a needle fixation, i loved the instant gratification that comes with thr needle. So i tried to replace Morphine with ketamine. That didnt go so well, ket is not a drug for me, its so dirty imo. Thats when i began to dhoot up Cocaine and that's when my demise began aswell. Dont wanna go into too much detail but that drug through that ROA almost destroyed me. Had to go to rehab multiple times otherwise id be dead. Anyways yeah, its common for ppl to associate the needle with pleasure, it is In fsct the most addictive pathway to grt high yo. Cheers, NZN

same here, I've been using(abusing) Pharma grade morphine ampoules for 7 years. And nope, no dmg to my veins whatsoever, even when i inject everyday multiple times a day, nothing happens to my veins, they are still thr same. ? ? ? On topic:you seem to have a needle fixation, when i had to quit morphine for obvious reasons(i was broke, my tolerance was through thr fking roof, i was wding after every 12" hrs of my lsst dose) it wssnt sustainable anymore. it never was actually, but somewhat like u, i had a needle fixation, i loved the instant gratification that comes with thr needle. So i tried to replace Morphine with ketamine. That didnt go so well, ket is not a drug for me, its so dirty imo. Thats when i began to dhoot up Cocaine and that's when my demise began aswell. Dont wanna go into too much detail but that drug through that ROA almost destroyed me. Had to go to rehab multiple times otherwise id be dead. Anyways yeah, its common for ppl to associate the needle with pleasure, it is In fsct the most addictive pathway to grt high yo. Cheers, NZN
Yes, a needle fixation is what it sounds like I have. I was just explaining it to my husband, feeling all alone in my little world of needles, blood flashes and said "I wish there was somebody else who understood this", then I remembered about bluelight from 20 years ago (long lost that login).....glad you're still here. Anyway, sounds like you've been down a long road yourself NZN. I've always been curious about ketamine. I'm glad you've come out on the other side! I DO have damage to my veins, just not to the extent that I can't find something. Too many years of using animal grade syringes...finally found a place that will sell me human grade and boy does it make a difference! I'll look more into needle fixation and see if I can find some support. It helps at least putting a name to it. Gives me something to search for. Thanks for your response, it was more helpful than you'll ever know.
Ciao! - Mika

Yes, a needle fixation is what it sounds like I have. I was just explaining it to my husband, feeling all alone in my little world of needles, blood flashes and said "I wish there was somebody else who understood this", then I remembered about bluelight from 20 years ago (long lost that login).....glad you're still here. Anyway, sounds like you've been down a long road yourself NZN. I've always been curious about ketamine. I'm glad you've come out on the other side! I DO have damage to my veins, just not to the extent that I can't find something. Too many years of using animal grade syringes...finally found a place that will sell me human grade and boy does it make a difference! I'll look more into needle fixation and see if I can find some support. It helps at least putting a name to it. Gives me something to search for. Thanks for your response, it was more helpful than you'll ever know.
Ciao! - Mika
Well its been a long road and a short one at the same time. Started with drugs in 2010 with codeine, 2011 weed, 2012 cocaine oxycodone, morphine, crack, ecstasy, MDMA.By 2013 i had already tried all of the most famous drugs(coke weed lsd X meth etc) But my DOCs were morphine and ecstasy. When i discovered IV coke is when i went batshit crazy. Spent 2 years un rehabs IN, out, clean for a few mobths then in again. Until a year ago i tried crack cocaine but a friend taught me how to vaporize it correctly, fell ib love. Didnt go to rehab for it, still were hellish days lol. All of this in a 10year span, started at 15,just turned 25 2 days ago. So yeah long story short, ive lived a lot, have a lot of experience with drugs BUT I'm still pretty young lolz
? Cheers, NZN

Think of it like this - the drugs are bypassing some forms of filtration by going directly into your blood. What does the drug have to do with the injection sight? Nothing. Goes from the end of the needle, which is in your vein, directly to your blood, which is also in your vein.. I think water and pure opiates and coke would all have similar effects on your veins.

30-40 shots a night will do it. I use the ultra-ultra fine needles and hit different spots every time to let my veins heal a bit, but if I was slamming so often i'm sure i'd have similar concerns.

Think of it like this - the drugs are bypassing some forms of filtration by going directly into your blood. What does the drug have to do with the injection sight? Nothing. Goes from the end of the needle, which is in your vein, directly to your blood, which is also in your vein.. I think water and pure opiates and coke would all have similar effects on your veins.

30-40 shots a night will do it. I use the ultra-ultra fine needles and hit different spots every time to let my veins heal a bit, but if I was slamming so often i'm sure i'd have similar concerns.

Different drugs do affect veins and injection sites directly. The causticity of drugs plays a factor. For instance, injection of promethazine must be diluted and administered slowly due to the caustic nature of the drug because it can erode the lining of the veins as it travels through the bloodstream.

Ahh.. okay I see. Overlooked the fact that the shit can rub against the veins both when being released into the vein and when pulling out. (and pushing in if you squirt it to get rid of the air pockets)

Glad you challenged me on that. We all learn.

hell no my friend, trust me. I have iv'd both tons of times. When i started using the IV route i was using Morphine Ampoules PHARMA GRADE, up to 5 shots everyday. My veins were pristine UNTIL i stopped doing morphine for obvious reasons. My life was upside down and i wasn't functional at all from being opiated all the time. So i quit using opiates but the needle fixation was on my mind 24/7, i made the worst mistake ever....TRYING COKE THROUGH THAT ROUTE. In a matter of 3 months, my veins were turning black. I lost a vein in the process, the other ones have shrunk from so much damage. Cocaine is ultra mega super fucking caustic. Thank god i quit that shit for good now. At least iving, crack on the other hand, that's a diff story... Just my 2 cents, NZN

@madness00
I've learned a ton from you since you joined so it's good that I can pay it forward (backwards in this case haha).

I think both the substance used and the amount of injections/day contribute.

So coke being particularly caustic and fiendish/compulsive as hell has the worst of both worlds.

I relate @nznity comments about IV coke to my IV methylphenidate use. Destroyed my best vein so quick cause I was injecting 20-40 times per day (apart from when I was coma'd out).

Soo fiendish, by the time I'd pulled the needle out I wanted to start prepping the next shot.

Whereas opioids haven't done much damage at all, you know cause once you've had your shot your good for at least a few hours depending on the opioid in question

Ahh.. okay I see. Overlooked the fact that the shit can rub against the veins both when being released into the vein and when pulling out. (and pushing in if you squirt it to get rid of the air pockets)

Glad you challenged me on that. We all learn.

It’s more than rubbing against a vein upon entrance and exit of the needle. In fact, with proper technique, this should scarcely be an issue.

It’s about how caustic a drug is; that is, a highly acidic drug or highly basic drug will cause damage in excess of a more neutral drug.

You blood is naturally buffered, it can take a moderate amount of acids or bases before the pH balance gets really messed up. But that offers limited protection locally at the injection site.

Krokodil Is an example of a caustic drug but I believe the damage arises from unreacted reagents and byproducts (I don’t think pharm grade desomorphine causes the same extreme effects).

Imagine trying to IV phenibut...

I know there are so