• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids vein damage from iving pure opiates

nznity

Bluelighter
Ok well, so i wanna know what you guys think about this. Long story short i'm a 22 yo guy i have been using opiates for like 5 years now. I have experience with codeine oxycodone and fentanyl but my doc is pure pharmaceutical 20mg/ml morphine ampoules. I live in Peru and i can get boxes of 100 ampoules from the black market.Well around 3 years ago i was real heavy into the stuff shooting up up to 6 times a day and i was able to maintain my habit for around a year and even when i was at my lowest point i had no vein damage at all and i didnt even have trackmarks. A few months after i quit cold turkey i still had the needle fixation and i made the mistake to try iv cocaine(bad idea fell in love with the shit bellringers feel fking amazing) and after 3 months of doing it every weekend my veins started to turn black.So my question is you guys think someone could maintain a healthy lifestyle longterm shooting up everyday if u had access to 100% clean opiates ? Personally from my experience i found no negative aspects healthwise when i was doing morphine everyday besides the withdrawals.

I'd say injecting anything will fuck up ur veins eventually. I'd think more from repetitive jabs so maybe just at the injection sites..I don't think morphine is to caustic or vein damaging especially in medical vials. Methadone is I believe. Cocaine too. By the way I'm envious of you living in Fucking Peru and IVing cocaine....I can only imagine!

In theory, you could probably get away with daily injections for a very long time if you were using proper technique. In practice, most people shooting opiates aren't trained medical professionals, so you'll likely screw something up that will catch up to you in the long run. Especially if it's something your doing multiple times a day.

And then there's the whole addiction thing that tends to catch up to people in some way or another. Injecting a substance thats actuslly intended for injection isn't going to be nearly as bad as most other things, but it's not without long term risks

What I can tell you, at least anecdotally, from using it myself and see other people injecting the stuff for about a decade, is that pure pharmaceutical grade diacetylmorphine (so basically pure "Heroin")
is not harsh on the veins at all.

Shooting up three times a day, always with fresh equipment, will do _very_ little harm to your veins.

In Germany you can get it prescribed in some areas, and have to inject in the methadone clinic.

Regarding dosage: sky is the limit ;)

I'd say injecting anything will fuck up ur veins eventually. I'd think more from repetitive jabs so maybe just at the injection sites..I don't think morphine is to caustic or vein damaging especially in medical vials. Methadone is I believe. Cocaine too. By the way I'm envious of you living in Fucking Peru and IVing cocaine....I can only imagine!
trust me u wouldn't want to IV 87%+ Peruvian snowflake, the line between a good bell ringer and an OD with seizures or even death is so thin. I've convulsed twice using the shit, I don't do it anymore since I wrecked my veins. on the other hand washing up crack rocks from Peruvian coke is on another league. ufffffff those good ol' shiny rocks. I'm drooling just thinking about it haha

Cocaine is known to damage veins due to a few reasons (increased injecting, vasoconstrictor). I’d agree though that shooting pure heroin has little to no complications.

I used nearly pure heroin (as pure as we got it shipped to us) for a few years, using cleans as often as I could, switching up injection sites. My veins are pristine, in fact I get compliments all the time, but that’s probably cuz I work out n shit too.

Part of it comes down to quality/purity of the substance used, what substance is being used, as well as shooting technique and using cleans as often as possible. I’d try to never use a needle more than x2-3.

Yea looking back I preferred the high of heroin snorted but goddamn comparing snorted cocaine to IV is unreal. Shit is TOO addictive lol.

-GC

it's totally not healthy to inject opiates every day. You'll eventually slip up and want more, more and overdose. Or you'll turn to stimulants when opiates aren't enough. It just isn't worth it.

Opiate habits tend to end poorly. Overactivation of NACC contributes to drug-seeking and what not. I still have all my veins but that doesn't mean you can't die of an overdose, or that tolerance won't catch up with you. And what happens when you're 50, 60 and your circulation system can't take the same beating? Eventually you have to stop beating yourself up and get help even if you live long-term doing the kind of stuff we both know we like to do ;)

Sure if it was 10 years ago I'd be like "wow, cheap morphine vials? Sick!" and I'd be doing that to myself for years as well. I'm just glad I got that kind of party out of my system and I can try a normal life.

How on Earth is this even a legitimate question? Either OP is trolling or genuinely thinks there could be any answer other than, "fuck no." Either way, it's insane.

Either OP is trolling or genuinely thinks there could be any answer other than, "fuck no." Either way, it's insane.
It seems plausible if you are truly using only fresh parenteral opioids from ampules and a dialysis port, angiocath that's changed often or have training in phlebotomy. Opioids themselves aren't all that toxic. it's what's available on the street that is.

^^^Exactly!

Yes they are addictive as hell but in terms of damage to the body they are fairly benign compared to other drugs. A lot of heroin addicts ive known look younger than normal almost as if they were frozen in time at the age they started using.

Overdoses come almost purely from the fact there’s a huge variance of purity along with fentanyl cuts. In fact I’d say the fent is the biggest reason. Taking pure heroin of the same quality each time cuts this out of the equation.

-GC

I saw this doc about this 50-55 Y/O woman who was on heroin maintance treatment in ?? Switzerland and she was on a stable dose for like 20 years (around 300mg) everyday and she maintained a normal life, that's y I asked this question 2 years ago. I've also read about ppl who lived in the 1900's and they lived until 80 years old, shooting up everyday with no negative impact in their lives.

Sorry to bump this thread but i wanted more opinions regarding this topic, its been 2 years and my veins are exactly the same as they were when i started this thread. Pharma stuff is seriously not damaging for ur body at all from my POV. what do you guys think ?? NZN

Pharm grade opioids will not be that harsh on your veins like most of the above posters mentioned. The damage is done from repeated injections. IV drug habits can and will scar your veins if done long enough. The black vein you are seeing is likely a result of small leaks around the vein that allow blood to escape and produce small hematomas. The worst case scenario is the vein is experiencing necrosis from lack of oxygen due to vasoconstriction from the cocaine.

Pharm grade opioids will not be that harsh on your veins like most of the above posters mentioned. The damage is done from repeated injections. IV drug habits can and will scar your veins if done long enough. The black vein you are seeing is likely a result of small leaks around the vein that allow blood to escape and produce small hematomas. The worst case scenario is the vein is experiencing necrosis from lack of oxygen due to vasoconstriction from the cocaine.
Not really, at my worst i was shooting up 7-8 times a day, no dmg. BUT when i started iving cocaine, 3 months and my veins turned black so fast it was unbelievable how corrosive/caustic that shit is.

Well, if you were injecting pharma grade stuff before, you'd only had the “normal“ risks/adverse effects of an intravenous injection - which still include infection, nerve damage, etc. And that is provided you are injecting in a medically correct way (desinfection, etc). Repeated iv-ing is likely to reduce the amount of suitable veins after a longer time span even if done correct.
With the cocaine, you add the risks that come with unsanitary production, whatever it's cut with (most likely stuff that shouldn't be pushed into veins), etc.

Well, if you were injecting pharma grade stuff before, you'd only had the “normal“ risks/adverse effects of an intravenous injection - which still include infection, nerve damage, etc. And that is provided you are injecting in a medically correct way (desinfection, etc). Repeated iv-ing is likely to reduce the amount of suitable veins after a longer time span even if done correct.
With the cocaine, you add the risks that come with unsanitary production, whatever it's cut with (most likely stuff that shouldn't be pushed into veins), etc.
trust me. absolutely no vein dmg whatsoever, of course i rotated sites though. :p

Yeah, as I said, it's likely, but there'll be sone individual differences re susceptibility to damage.

As long as you practice sterile techniques proper injection technique don’t reuse needles and rotating sites then injecting pharm opioids made for injection shouldn’t be to bad. But you only have so many useable veins to begin with.

My mistake was in compulsively injecting stimulants (20 times a day at some points, iso extracted wheel filtered MPH) and using the big main one on my arm far too often beacause it was easier and I was impatient . That vein collapsed eventually and now there’s just scarring and a little dip in the skin where it used to be.

RIP mainline.

But opioids don’t generally lend themselves to that kind of compulsive injecting (unless they’re ultra short acting) so opioids made for injection with proper techniques etc should be *relatively* harmless (apart from overdose which is much less likely in a tolerant individual using consistent potency drugs who understands about the additive effect of mixing in other CNS depressants)

i made the mistake to try iv cocaine(bad idea fell in love with the shit bellringers feel fking amazing)

I can only imagine the quality of coke from Peru, yeah I have to agree with you 100% on the quoted part btw.
I limit the IV use of crack I do as it is ssssssooooo good I could just sit in my flat shooting that stuff 24/7