• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos Valium withdrawl?

I came Here to update you guys with my tapering. I feel alot better now !!! I ran out of my valiums so my ex gave me 50x0.5 rivotrils (clonezepam) and Today i started eating 1 pill per day (0.5mg) , few days before i was on 10mg valium so i decided to Lower a little.
All in all i cant belive how much better i feel , still eating vitamins b and c with lots of watter) anxiety is still Here but nothing compared to those hell Like states and symptoms i had when i madw thread... Thank you guys ,much love to all of you 🤘🤘🤘

Sounds good man.

How is your drinking going?

The next lowest hanging fruit would probably be to focus on cutting down on drinking and just stay on that .5mg of clonazepam a day.

Once you minimize / eliminate the drinking .5mg of clonazepam is a pretty small dose to step down from.
Oh no Brother i cut the booze the same time i did evrything ,but yes Next step is jumping off this low taper dose completly and ask a friend for pocket xanax for anxiety around People

Oh no Brother i cut the booze the same time i did evrything ,but yes Next step is jumping off this low taper dose completly and ask a friend for pocket xanax for anxiety around People
It's generally not a good idea even to use Xanax prn (as needed) after you've already been dependent on benzos and then withdrawn. The chances of becoming physically dependent once again is very high.

But massive respect for the progress you have already made ;)

You'll still get WD when you jump off, so be prepared. But the more you taper the easier it will be so keep at it.

Id stay away from benzos all together for a while , it’s great that you got dosing down to every 18 hrs , if your able to continue lowering your dose every so often that’s great ,
I’d be worried about starting the whole process over again without you ever being off them to begin with , when I finally jumped off my dose things started getting intense after a few days without anything , I wouldn’t count myself out the woods till your several days without them …

Bravo on your accomplishments so far

Last edited:
Id stay away from benzos all together for a while , it’s great that you got dosing down to every 18 hrs , if your able to continue lowering your dose every so often that’s great ,
I’d be worried about starting the whole process over again without you ever being off them totally off them to begin with , when I finally jumped off my dose things started getting intense after a few days without anything , I would count myself out the woods till your several days without them …

Bravo on your accomplishments so far
Agreed

I just encountered this thread for the first time... after the first few posts I was like oh no. Abruptly stopping benzos cold turkey is very intense and very dangerous. Even if you don't have a seizure, it causes brain damage due to excitotoxocity in the GABA system. Now this isn't something to get too scared about, just keep it in mind. A slow taper is very important when stopping benzos. Since diazepam has such a long duration, doing it 2-3 times per week, especially in large doses, is basically being affected by it all the time, so withdrawal is going to happen (I realize you know this already now, but for the sake of anyone else reading this I wanted to say it).

Really glad you hear you're feeling better and tapering. You say you're taking one 0.5mg clonazepam per day now which is great. My recommendation is, get comfortable with that, then take 3/4 of a pill and get comfortable with that, nd drop a small bit each time you drop. As you approach lower levels, you will benefit from cutting less and less each time, since each drop will be a greater percentage of the total amount you're taking. Ideally the goal is to drop 10% per time, but that gets hard with pills since you're trying to break little pieces off of a pill and it's inaccurate.

You will re-enter withdrawal very easily for quite a long time after you do finally get all the way off so you should avoid benzos altogether for the foreseeable future. This is known as the kindling effect, basically your GABA system is sensitized now and any future usage of benzos (and alcohol) will lead to dependence more easily. This effect will never fully fade but will improve over time. If you take a single xanax for anxiety, for the near future until you get some real time fully off, you will experience rebound anxiety that is pretty bad and possibly even light withdrawal from that one dose. Sorry to say, but better to know what you're looking at.

Seizures can absolutely be lethal. Grand mal seizures can kill, and even if they don't kill they can result in serious damage. They also cause brain damage. Status epilepticus is what they call a grand mal seizure that lasts 5 minutes or more. I believe 50% of people who experience that die from it (I think that's the number, but it certainly is often lethal). People can and do die from seizures, and they die from seizures during benzo withdrawal. It is not only from actions taken accidentally during seizures, though the fact that you CAN hurt or kill yourself during a seizure from secondary reasons isn't a reason to state they are not potentially lethal, even if it were not possible to die directly from a seizure.

Holy fuck 'well what i wrote i retract'

Because of my grand mal seizure and the lack of medical attention I assumed they were harmless in a way that the actual physical danger of fallin' was the more dangerous part.

Just like i assumed the one year period it took my brain to be able to play board games again was in essence normal. Not a sign of braindamage.

No clue it was that serious, next my Neurologist gets a good spanking. On her naked ass, she is kinda good looking ;).

Holy fuck 'well what i wrote i retract'

Because of my grand mal seizure and the lack of medical attention I assumed they were harmless in a way that the actual physical danger of fallin' was the more dangerous part.

Just like i assumed the one year period it took my brain to be able to play board games again was in essence normal. Not a sign of braindamage.

No clue it was that serious, next my Neurologist gets a good spanking. On her naked ass, she is kinda good looking ;).
Pics...