• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos Valium withdrawl?

@polarthedog OP says he takes 10mg diaz 2x per week... That is not going to produce any significant withdrawal...

Also, no matter anything downplaying the seriousness of a seizure in sleep is precarious at best.... We are harm reduction not internet doctors.

And yes seizures can kill you absolutely, make you braindead or paralyzed

If OP drinks more booze than I picked up on and he is seizing he needs to go to the doctor.

In no cases here should op NOT seek immediately healthcare

If he's seriously having severe DTs he needs to go to a doctor.
OP said in the opening comment

“ never Took benzos daily but im on them for atleast 4 or 5 years.. im type of junky that mostly abused them ("big doses" 300mg Max), usualy i Took around 50mg.”

50mg twice a week with the occasional “300mg” dose for months would leave you in a bad position.Not as bad as someone dosing 4x a day but because Valium last so long in your system it’s gonna be far from easy , when I did my taper the thing I focused on first was decreasing the frequency I dosed, I went from 4x a day to 3x then 2x then 1 time a day which would be in the morning , I started adjusting the dose to what was comfortable along the way which was always a decrease when you looked at it in a 24 hr period ,

OP said in the opening comment

“ never Took benzos daily but im on them for atleast 4 or 5 years.. im type of junky that mostly abused them ("big doses" 300mg Max), usualy i Took around 50mg.”

50mg twice a week with the occasional “300mg” dose for months would leave you in a bad position.Not as bad as someone dosing 4x a day but because Valium last so long in your system it’s gonna be far from easy , when I did my taper the thing I focused on first was decreasing the frequency I dosed, I went from 4x a day to 3x then 2x then 1 time a day which would be in the morning , I started adjusting the dose to what was comfortable along the way which was always a decrease when you looked at it in a 24 hr period ,
I stand clarified, only had time to glance at the thread while at work

Still only one answer here: OP needs medical attention

I went from 4mg xanax a day to 0.25mg klonopin a day and quit... That fucking taper took 15 months. AND STILL WENT INTO A PSYCHOSIS/DT SECOND NIGHT WITHOUT BENZOS.

Last edited:
Guys something odd is going on, when im trying to take a piss only drops are coming out followed by "burning/itching" sensation.. il' read that book on erowid about benzo withdrawls again, coz i think i saw this symptom there but not sure.. did it hapen to anyone else ?

Guys something odd is going on, when im trying to take a piss only drops are coming out followed by "burning/itching" sensation.. il' read that book on erowid about benzo withdrawls again, coz i think i saw this symptom there but not sure.. did it hapen to anyone else ?
dude!!

this could be a number of serious medical issues

if you cannot urinate, go the hospital!! Inability to urinate is usually a sign of major issues and potentially organ damage.

are you hydrated?!

I'm begging you to go to the doctor :(

I swear I feel like I'm reading someone documenting their slow progression towards death because they didn't go to the doctor.

10mg of valium is not going to save you from a 300mg withdrawal, fuck everything man, fuck the advice, you need to go to a doctor if what you are saying is true.

I stand clarified, only had time to glance at the thread while at work

Still only one answer here: OP needs medical attention
Il' See a doctor on monday for sure , do i tell him i had a seasure or that im in benzos withdrawl ? Not sure what my aproach should be , also this doctor knows im a junky and is kinda invalid in general (wanted to change him for years now but never had energy or time to fuck around with that)

Il' See a doctor on monday for sure , do i tell him i had a seasure or that im in benzos withdrawl ? Not sure what my aproach should be , also this doctor knows im a junky and is kinda invalid in general (wanted to change him for years now but never had energy or time to fuck around with that)
first, be completely honest about what is happening, leave nothing out. Never lie to your doctor, if you do you are only hurting yourself.

Doctors don't care about anything other than figuring out what is wrong with you and helping you heal from it. That's their entire job. They don't judge people.

From one adult to another - yes, tell your doc about the benzos. You are only hurting yourself by hiding that from them.

are you not having extreme anxiety right now? I wonder how you are even functioning with that level of withdrawal

Only 1% of benzo/alcoholics ever experience seizures, DTs, etc... but when they do it's a matter of life and death. People literally die from this man.

I wouldn't wait to monday to see a doctor, how much valium do you have left? you need to take more than 10mg (if this is just benzo/alc withdrawal - I feel like it may be more than that at this point)

How much were you drinking before you stopped?

first, be completely honest about what is happening, leave nothing out. Never lie to your doctor, if you do you are only hurting yourself.

Doctors don't care about anything other than figuring out what is wrong with you and helping you heal from it. That's their entire job. They don't judge people.

From one adult to another - yes, tell your doc about the benzos. You are only hurting yourself by hiding that from them.

are you not having extreme anxiety right now? I wonder how you are even functioning with that level of withdrawal

Only 1% of benzo/alcoholics ever experience seizures, DTs, etc... but when they do it's a matter of life and death. People literally die from this man.

I wouldn't wait to monday to see a doctor, how much valium do you have left? you need to take more than 10mg (if this is just benzo/alc withdrawal - I feel like it may be more than that at this point)
I have 2 boxes of 5mg and 2 more are waiting for for me to Pick them up , my anxiety droped alot since i Took those 10mg and its extreme only when im outside around People

I have 2 boxes of 5mg and 2 more are waiting for for me to Pick them up , my anxiety droped alot since i Took those 10mg and its extreme only when im outside around People
I'm still really unclear as to how much you are dependent on, if you drink, etc

but at least you have some valium, which you should continue to take every few hours, keep it in your system

you don't want another seizure, it's really bad for your brain/body

every seizure is like a russian roulette for permanent brain/body injry - oh it also kills a lot of brain cells each time, it's basically your brain being electrocuted

but yeah man if you were taking 300mg even once per week, for an amount of time... and then suddenly stopped... that is definitely very dangerous

How much were you drinking before you stopped?
Not sure how to awnser this but i think alot , i did more booze then valium thank god.. i could easy RIP the bottle of jager with my ex in 1 hour shot after shot , then run to get few beers.. beer was Like Water to me also i did not really get drunk anymore :s IT Got to a Point i was saying drinking became pointles for me so i did a pouse for a day or 2 just so i can get drunk again xd i was botomless barel and when i drank enugh i would just blackout and sadly then insted of passing out i became mean and nasty drunk... Thats mostly the reason why i decided to throw all that shit away

Not sure how to awnser this but i think alot , i did more booze then valium thank god.. i could easy RIP the bottle of jager with my ex in 1 hour shot after shot , then run to get few beers.. beer was Like Water to me also i did not really get drunk anymore :s IT Got to a Point i was saying drinking became pointles for me so i did a pouse for a day or 2 just so i can get drunk again xd i was botomless barel and when i drank enugh i would just blackout and sadly then insted of passing out i became mean and nasty drunk... Thats mostly the reason why i decided to throw all that shit away
yeah man, wow, and 300-600mg of valium per week?

you can't just stop that! So dangerous! You need to taper at least!

wow

you went 10 days cold turkey on both benzo + alcohol and seized?

Please take another valium right now man jeez

I would suggest you take AT LEAST 20mg valium until the doctor on monday

if you feel fine after 10mg, thats great, but take 5mg every 6-8 hours at least, trust me

Decided to get clean becouse my actions and me became horrible... Im ashamed of myself and i cant belive my family (friends) still tolarate my shit , but i love them and i love life i See there is more to it then Just geting wasted

yeah man, wow, and 300-600mg of valium per week?

you can't just stop that! So dangerous! You need to taper at least!

wow

you went 10 days cold turkey on both benzo + alcohol and seized?

Please take another valium right now man jeez

I would suggest you take AT LEAST 20mg valium until the doctor on monday

if you feel fine after 10mg, thats great, but take 5mg every 6-8 hours at least, trust me
Not per week sorry it was per month

Decided to get clean becouse my actions and me became horrible... Im ashamed of myself and i cant belive my family (friends) still tolarate my shit , but i love them and i love life i See there is more to it then Just geting wasted
that's highly commendable, most addicts including myself do not have the self will to cold turkey like that, also it is very dangerous!

do you know anything about the world of recovery? AA meetings? therapy? anything like that?

Alcohol and Benzos like valium (and a few others that arent around anymore) are the only drugs that can actually kill you if you stop cold turkey, it's no joke

that's highly commendable, most addicts including myself do not have the self will to cold turkey like that, also it is very dangerous!

do you know anything about the world of recovery? AA meetings? therapy? anything like that?
I downloaded an app called i am Sober hahaha kinda sad and funny in the same time.. irl sadly bunch of friends were in Psychwards whitch im my country is recovery and i went to visit them ,also my ex was there

@No_more_evry_monday how much liquids have you drank in the last 24 hours? you say you can't pee and it burns - do you have the urge to pee, yet cant?
Ah only maybe litter and half , and when i Got out of bed i was all wet so i gues IT went im my cloths xd im sitting on toilet for half and hour now and finaly managed to take a poop and piss as a human (barely can feel my legs xd) i asked mother to Bring bottle of watter and coffie and it hwlped