• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos Valium withdrawl?

No_more_evry_monday

Bluelighter
I stoped with all the drugs (booze included) 10 days ago and insted of feeling better i tought im going insane for last 2/3 days.. at first i tought something is wrong with my loungs but when anxiety kicked in toped with micro halucinations (little Bugs jumping) i searched online and found out im withdrawling... question is : can i ride this shit out without tampering?

I never Took benzos daily but im on them for atleast 4 or 5 years.. im type of junky that mostly abused them ("big doses" 300mg Max), usualy i Took around 50mg.. as years went by i started taking them when i was anxious or hurt. I realy Want to stay clean and would love to hear cold turky is an option, keep in mind im clean for almost 10 days now.. all in all this shit is nasty and im actualy kinda sceared (red that book on erowid) mostly of incoming seasure.. also how Long Will this shit last ? Any other tips are greatly apriciated. Thanks for help and sorry for horid English and structure of thread

It took me a good 4-5 weeks to start feeling better, i think the 3 week mark for me was about as bad as it got and it lasted about a week after that , crippling anxiety about BS was the worst, its hard to see an end to it while your in it,

i tapered from about 40mg down to 5 mg rather quickly then jumped off,

So worst part is ahed of me :/ what are the chances of seasure ? Also if im cold turky/ing it should time frame be smaller?

I was taking around 400/500 mg per month but i didnt use dayly (Took them 2,3 Times per week). I do have enugh to taper but i was hoping i can do this without it

So worst part is ahed of me :/ what are the chances of seasure ? Also if im cold turky/ing it should time frame be smaller?
I would think everyone is different , for me I was taking about 40 mg a day ,everyday for a about a year ,but you we’re taking a few times a week so things are different , but I’m sure the withdrawals would be pretty similar, i tapered my dose down rather quickly cause I wanted off of them ,so I was prepared to stick it out , if you were able to stick it out 10 days “ you can do this “ , there was times where it felt like it’ll never end but it will , the worst was the sleepless nights , may I suggest you go to your doctor and explain to him/ her that your coming off benzos and need something for sleep for a month or so , ask for trazadone 150 mg & seroquel ( I think they were 25-50 mg ) it’ll allow you to sleep and keep your sanity,

Its not that things will get worse it’s just that they take their time in improving

Thank you brother !! My Grany and mother tought im having sex thruw the Night becouse bed was squiecking ;s is IT posible i had a seasure during sleep ? I dont remember anything , just woke up ..

Thank you brother !! My Grany and mother tought im having sex thruw the Night becouse bed was squiecking ;s is IT posible i had a seasure during sleep ? I dont remember anything , just woke up ..
I think I it’s more likely you were tossing and turning from terrible nightmares, I don’t think a seizure would last all night

Grandmother sayd around 3am and mother sayd around 4am , also what does seasure look Like ? And is IT posible to go thruw it without knowing or remembering?

To be clear im talking about diazepam
Probably 2 Times a week (sometimes more) for last 4/5 years
You're not going to experience benzo dependence only taking it 2 times per week.

Do you drink alcohol?

You're getting worse after 10 days and still hallucinate?

Something doesn't add up here. You shouldn't be getting worse at 10 days, nor should you still be hallucinating at that point even if it were severe benzo or alcohol withdrawal

Seriously? YES YOU HAD A MASSIVE SEIZURE, YOU WOULDN'T REMEMBER ANY OF IT

I had a massive seizure in my sleep once and a family member said they thought I was jerking off or something because my bed was squeaking... No... I had a massive seizure and nearly bit my tongue in half

GO TO THE DOCTOR RIGHT NOW. SERIOUSLY. SEIZURES IN SLEEP ARE VERY SERIOUS. GO TO THE HOSPITAL

If they could hear your bed you were having a full grand Mal seizure. This could kill you. Go hospital and please update us.

I'm dead fucking serious go to the hospital right now

Last edited:
God damn , you are seconed person telling me this... I was drinking before quiting evrything and i gues im not triping Bugs then... Those bug trips hapened only few Times in last 3/4 days and they were small Bugs jumping around (only 1 jump and when i went to look there was nothing there)

Started to take vitamin b Today ... Can i just start taking small amounts of valium insted of fucking hospitals and psychwards whitch are only places in my city i can go to with this problem... Im good at my home , i feel scumy for braking my Soberness with valium so hospital is kinda out of picture

Also can i somehow check for something that would prove u had seasure ? My tounge is good , lip is little sour maybe but im biteing it all day long

Dude this doesn't really sound like withdrawal to me, and if it is withdrawal you need to go to the doctor anyways.

Please go to the doctor right now man. You're freaking me out. I almost died from my seizure and your story is literally the same thing.

Take a Valium AND THEN GO TO THE DOCTOR!!!!

You're probably going to seize again. I couldn't speak for a week because I bit my tongue so hard, almost bit it off

Dude this doesn't really sound like withdrawal to me, and if it is withdrawal you need to go to the doctor anyways.

Please go to the doctor right now man. You're freaking me out. I almost died from my seizure and your story is literally the same thing.

Take a Valium AND THEN GO TO THE DOCTOR!!!!
God damn ... Im sorry man ..
What else could it be? Im Sober for 10days now (maybe 11), i Will take valium but il' skip the doctor. Just wish me Luck ,il' let you know how im doing. Also thanks for info and concern 🤘🤘