• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Valium might reverse tolerance of oxycodone & hydrocodone

Mjones

Greenlighter
Im not a regular diazepam user at all but I have a decent supply of it. I use oxycodone regularly (50-100mg per day) and have a couple questions.

I have found studies that say diazepam does not Potentiate but reduces or eliminates a users tollerance to the opioids.

ive done some small tests like 10mg Valium and then a small dose of hydrocodone. Hydrocodone is not enough to eliminate opiate withdrawal let alone give any type of high. At least at the maximum safe limit of acetomenophin. I won?t take more the 3 and a half 5/325s at once. I know that?s Just a little over the single dose limit.

has anyone found an effective dose combination? I have little to no Valium tollerance. The study I read leads me to believe it takes 40mg dose of Valium (based on my body weight 180lb) to achieve the tolerance reversing effects but 40mg alone I?m pretty sure would just knock me out.

the goal is to get more out of the opiates I do have. Especially when I?m limited to Percocet and Vicodin where my doses are limited by the Tylenol content.

i have tried cold water extracts and seems more of a waste than anything. Even done perfectly seems like you will still lose about 25% of the opioid. So not really interested in continuing trying that to get around the acetaminophen.

Last edited:
For the most part i've mainly only heard about people taking other drugs, like cocaine, other opioids, etc, to "potentiate" their opioid high....but in my opinion that's not really potentiating. It's just adding another high to your experience. It's not making the opioids you take any stronger(which is what potentiation is).

Anyway.... here's the "Ultimate Opiate Potentiation Thread"(?I think it's called that?).... you should find your answers in there...

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads...tion-Thread-v2-0?highlight=Potentiate+opioids

*the one thing that I can remember that I think might potentiate opioids is grapefruit juice. I know it potentiate benzo's ...but I also think it MIGHT do the same for opioids *

Valium or any benzo can def potentiate an opioid, but it comes at a substantial risk. Some people can find an acceptable amount and handle it but far more, esp noobs to pharms, end up in the ER or worse with hypoxia or their partner/ friend not being able to wake them. The synergy really hits the breathing center causing central apnea and a downward spiral sometimes leading to death. Even the ones that are "saved" can end up with organ failure or diminished mental capacity from lack of O2.

I'm not sure what you mean by "tolerance reversing" when using Diazepam but if you have a peer reviewed journal or article please post it. Usually adding a benzo to opioid use results in poly drug WD upon cessation which is a special hell all it's own.

Also with a little practice and you shouldn't lose more than about 5% when performing a CWE. I strongly recommend becoming proficient at it and if you're a drinker then it's imperative. Good Luck Mjones.

If you are asking for a safe amount, I once mixed 15mg oxycodone, 0.25 mg xanax, 10mg valium, and a glass of really strong wine while having a low tolerance (I only do opiates or benzos once a month maybe) and with that combo I felt less respiratory depression than with 30mg oxycodone on its own, yesterday I did 20mg oxycodone, 5mg valium, 1mg xanax, a couple shots of hard liquor, and I smoked opium on the peak and I was having very slight trouble breathing, I would say no more than when I did 30mg oxycodone with 0 tolerance, but I had some tolerance this time since I had done oxycodone and benzos 2 weeks before this. If you want to mix them safely I would take my usual opiate dose and take barely above threshold benzo dosages, like 0.25mg xanax, or 5mg valium.

And I cant see 40mg of valium knocking you out on its own unless you were a complete benzo virgin and/or a very sensitive person with a small stature and low bodyweight, thats roguhly equivalent to 2mg xanax, which might get you pretty fked up but unless you take it at bedtime it wont knock you out, my first time taking benzos I took 2mg clonazepam and it fked me pretty bad but it didnt knock me out, also if you are taking 50-100mg of oxycodone you are kind of a regular user, that dose would fk up bad someone with low opiate tolerance, im 6ft2 225 pounds and 30mg oxycodone with low tolerance is intense.

Nice find! There's another article that claims 1g EtOH per kg of body mass can prevent tolerance for Hydrocodone and Oxy as well. I've been going about this all wrong with Xanax. Valium & Vodka FTW.

Reversal of oxycodone and hydrocodone tolerance by diazepam.

Ethanol Reversal of Tolerance to the Antinociceptive Effects of Oxycodone and Hydrocodone.

Edit: This post was made in jest with poor humor. Please do not combine different classes of sedatives as it is a highly dangerous practice. The articles are interesting but far from being refined for real world human trials.

Last edited:
Adding alcohol to this mix is incredibly dangerous. I’m not going to venture there. I used to drink. Daily for 15 years or so. With opiates I don’t have the urge to and actually do not like it at all. I haven’t had a single beer for approx 3-4 months for example. Just mixing alcohol with benzo is bad enough. I don’t care to blackout and end up in jail etc.

Last edited:
I have taken very little benzo. 2mg kolonopin has me stumbling around etc the other night. I haven’t tried more than 20mg Valium at once so I was just guessing what 40mg would do...I don’t take 50-100mg oxy at once, spread out over a day. I usually wouldn’t take more than 10mg at once.

The whole point of this was to try and make oxy last longer. Use less for the same effect. My experience hasn’t showed any of this “tollerence reducing/eliminating” though unfortunately. And adding a benzo to the regular mix is just a bad idea anyways. So I guess I’ll just save the Valium for when I can’t sleep and leave it at that.

Hello

Im not a regular diazepam user at all but I have a decent supply of it. I use oxycodone regularly (50-100mg per day) and have a couple questions.

I have found studies that say diazepam does not Potentiate but reduces or eliminates a users tollerance to the opioids.

ive done some small tests like 10mg Valium and then a small dose of hydrocodone. Hydrocodone is not enough to eliminate opiate withdrawal let alone give any type of high. At least at the maximum safe limit of acetomenophin. I won?t take more the 3 and a half 5/325s at once. I know that?s Just a little over the single dose limit.

has anyone found an effective dose combination? I have little to no Valium tollerance. The study I read leads me to believe it takes 40mg dose of Valium (based on my body weight 180lb) to achieve the tolerance reversing effects but 40mg alone I?m pretty sure would just knock me out.

the goal is to get more out of the opiates I do have. Especially when I?m limited to Percocet and Vicodin where my doses are limited by the Tylenol content.

i have tried cold water extracts and seems more of a waste than anything. Even done perfectly seems like you will still lose about 25% of the opioid. So not really interested in continuing trying that to get around the acetaminophen.

I've had to try different stimulants to heighten my sensations of the low amounts of opioids I can find. Meth(which I hate btw) is actually the best one. Now im not saying do a real or any thing like that. I am saying to use it in small doses first to hey to your level you are going after. With that being said, I have a bad back. It's gotten bad over the years. I've got no insurance and I am broke so it does help.

Last edited:
Benzodiazepines do not eliminate or reduce tolerance to opiates at all. Yes, you might get more wasted off a smaller dose of an opiate if you have benzos in your system - but this is not a reduction in tolerance, just two powerful CNS depressents working in tandem. This practice can lead to a dangerous double dependence and withdrawals from hell.