• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Valium half life and redosing

drunken_etard

Bluelighter
I do have a lot of posts So yeah yu think this simple question I would know. The thing is I have not really been on to bluelight for years and have forgot lots of information I once knew. Anyway this is a basic question and Im ashamed to ask it. I, shur I Know the answer but I want to be safe and make shur!Sorry for the basic question, Iv been clean for years and am not 100% shur about my drug knowledge anymore

I took 200mg of dieazepam 12 hours ago. Since it has sucha long half life, if I take a dose of clonazepam to get high today now, will I get higher because of diazepam half life or would it just add tolerance and ge tme less high.

200mg of diazepam is absurd, I'd wait at least a few days before taking any clonazepam, otherwise you're liable to black out or pass out.

Wait......you've been clean for years & you swallowed 200mgs of Valium?? How is this possible & you're still not high as a kite or groggy to the extreme?

As for adding anything to the mix, absolutely not!

I don't think I would wake up for several days if I downed 200mgs of Valium after being clean for years........

I agree, this is ridiculous. I took 30 mg of diazepam with no tolerance and I slept 17 hours.

I agree, this is ridiculous. I took 30 mg of diazepam with no tolerance and I slept 17 hours.

It's not that ridiculous. Actually, taking 30ng of diazepam and sleeping 30 hours sounds more far fetched to me.

As I have said, ad infinitum, the duration of a single dose of diazepam is FAR shorter than it's half-life would suggest. Granted, a truly massive dose like this will dramatically extend it, but even that is variable from person to person.

You have people who say that a small dose knocked them out for 12 hours(which sounds crazy to me, but I suppose I had a naturally high tolerance) yet, I've taken well over 100mg before, and it still didn't last nearly as long as a comparable dose of clonzepam.(I'd say the peak effects lasted 4-5 hours, though I was obviously relaxed for several more)

And OP, if it's been 16 hours now, I'm sure the residual diazepam in the CNS will add to your clonazepam. I'd cut your usual dose in half, and go from there. I think it will more likely increase the (already long) duration of clonazepam. Luckily benzodiazepines are remarkably safe *by themselves*, however in my experience(this is mostly speculation) combining two different benzo's greatly increases the effects you get from each one, so don't go to crazy.

(I should really say I KNOW it will add, as I have a lot of experience with mixing diazepam and other benzo's(especially clonazepam). For me, diazepam never lasted long enough to be useful, but in combination it was amazing. But after 16 hours, I'm not sure. Just be conservative with your dosing and remember it takes 2-3 hours to feel the full effects from clonazepam)

It's not that ridiculous. Actually, taking 30ng of diazepam and sleeping 30 hours sounds more far fetched to me.

As I have said, ad infinitum, the duration of a single dose of diazepam is FAR shorter than it's half-life would suggest. Granted, a truly massive dose like this will dramatically extend it, but even that is variable from person to person.

You have people who say that a small dose knocked them out for 12 hours(which sounds crazy to me, but I suppose I had a naturally high tolerance) yet, I've taken well over 100mg before, and it still didn't last nearly as long as a comparable dose of clonzepam.(I'd say the peak effects lasted 4-5 hours, though I was obviously relaxed for several more)

And OP, if it's been 16 hours now, I'm sure the residual diazepam in the CNS will add to your clonazepam. I'd cut your usual dose in half, and go from there. I think it will more likely increase the (already long) duration of clonazepam. Luckily benzodiazepines are remarkably safe *by themselves*, however in my experience(this is mostly speculation) combining two different benzo's greatly increases the effects you get from each one, so don't go to crazy.

(I should really say I KNOW it will add, as I have a lot of experience with mixing diazepam and other benzo's(especially clonazepam). For me, diazepam never lasted long enough to be useful, but in combination it was amazing. But after 16 hours, I'm not sure. Just be conservative with your dosing and remember it takes 2-3 hours to feel the full effects from clonazepam)

Remember man, everyone is different, tolerance, etc.

I agree that people tend to overestimate the duration of diazepam. Unless I take way too much, the effects tend to last 5 - 6 hours for me, with some lingering aftereffects. That said, I remember a time when I had a lower tolerance, went slightly overboard and could still feel it 12+ hours later.

Although I'm on fluvoxamine now, which is supposed to inhibit the metabolism of diazepam (and clonazepam, the other benzo I've been using most lately), so I'm interested to see what that does.

How much benzo tolerance did you have when you took 100 mg though? I've taken over a 100 mg before myself and it did not even last that long, but that was with a massive benzo tolerance. For some with no tolerance, 200 mg is a crazy dose. That is 20 tablets.

My aunt is one of those that can take two Tylenol pm and be knocked out for 12+ hours, some people are just really sensitive to meds. I'd hate to think what one of my temazepam and mirtazapine (both 30mg) would do to her.

How much benzo tolerance did you have when you took 100 mg though? I've taken over a 100 mg before myself and it did not even last that long, but that was with a massive benzo tolerance. For some with no tolerance, 200 mg is a crazy dose. That is 20 tablets.

It was high, but not MASSIVE. I never got into eating benzo's like candy; I only occasionally binged, usually only in opioid WD.

But I was taking them every day at that point. And I'm talking a little over 100mg, as well, like 120mg.

However, I've never really taken diazepam enough for it to reach steady state, so it may well have lasted longer with chronic administration.

Yeah, 200mg diazepam roughly 10mg alprazolam or acute clonazepam, 20mg lorazepam... It's a lot, but not as much as it initially sounds, especially taking into account the shorter duration of diazepam.

On the other hand, 10mg clonazepam could have you fucking blitzed for nearly 24 hours!!!

I know this is years later. I just wanted to say I was able to take that much because of benzo tolerance. Even though I was clean for over year. I did so much benzo's that it takes years to recover from. Yes I did get almost black out high from 200mgs for about 6 hours. Then just fucked for another 6.

And Magus is still a badass :)

All level 2 magic, Dark Bomb and mist, and of course, Dark Matter. Not to to mention he's fast, and has great stats.

Magus, Cain, Lynx, and Crono, as well as Frog and Cecil, and the original Fighter and Thief(eventually Knight/Ninja) are probably my favorite Chatacters.

Just wanted to add that

Lorne???,

Would you consider cleaning out your inbox ? I've tried sending you a PM (in response to a PM of yours), but I couldn't because your inbox is full !