• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Valerian = herbal klonopin?

burn out

Bluelighter
I have been experimenting with herbs lately after realizing how problematic many pharmaceuticals are in terms of their long term side effects. I am an ex benzo addict, been off 'em about six years but still had some minor withdrawal related issues.

Yesterday I take 400 mg valerian and wow, it feels like 1.5 mgs of klonopin. I say klonipin because it is long acting and not euphoric or muscle relaxing like valium.

Unfortunately, it seemed to keep me awake (just like kava) rather than put me to sleep which seems to be the main problem I have with herbs. I have not yet found an herb that effectively puts me to sleep. But aside from that it was great. I smoked some weed with it and literally felt like these two plants were made for each other. It removed the tension anxiety from the cannabis high and just helped me to relax and go to a deep, mystical place.

The other amazing thing was, it felt like it healed some of my lasting benzo systems. Ever since coming off benzos I have had this tension in my mind which I just could not get past. I have taken lots of kava but it felt like this one part of my mind just didnt respond to kava and I now realize that is because there are GABA-A receptors and GABA-B. Benzos and valerian hit one, while kava and alcohol hit the other. Kava is closer to alcohol, while valerian is closer to benzos (especially k pins).

Anyway, I felt the valerian working on my brain and releasing all this pent up tension from the benzo withdrawal and today I feel less benzo-fried. So yeah gonna keep experimenting with this, any one have any tips or info?

Also what dosage do you guys use? and does tolerance sky rocket like with benzo?

I would be interested in trying this after reading what you have put :) I am currently lowering my dose of Klon......I wonder if this is safe to take as well as Klon and Celexa? Trying to find something to help my anxiety, Dr has given me Pregabalin but dont want to take it incase it turns out the same as Klon as in it works great for a few months then has the opposite effect!

Lucky! I never really got any help from Valerian. Kava was actually good for pain. Hope things settle for you soon. Glad you've found some relief in it. Peace.

I would be interested in trying this after reading what you have put :) I am currently lowering my dose of Klon......I wonder if this is safe to take as well as Klon and Celexa? Trying to find something to help my anxiety, Dr has given me Pregabalin but dont want to take it incase it turns out the same as Klon as in it works great for a few months then has the opposite effect!

Try kava dude, fuck celexa lol. Kava is awesome for anxiety, not so much as in like you will become the life of the party but in a more chilled out, meditative sense. And the value of this is that if you are the sort of person who is inclined toward healing/self improvement kava actually gives you insight into the thought patterns that cause anxiety. For example, in my own case I used to be a very fearful person, constantly on edge. I started drinking kava and after it would hit me all of a sudden I would find myself forgetting to be afraid! I would feel so calm and relaxed and then be like, wait a minute but wasn't I afraid of something? I can't seem to remember what it was. Oh bother, it couldn't have been that important seeing as how I can't remember it. Let me just relax and enjoy this.

And in this way, kava all but cured my general anxiety problem. Unfortunately it did not fix my social anxiety which I have come to believe has more to do with lack of personal power (as a result of childhood trauma) and poor self image.

Valerian is good too, but nowhere near as fun as kava.

Thanks greatly burn out :) Can I take Valerian aswell as Kava, and will Kava interact with clonazepam and diazepam as I once read not to take something called St Johns Wart as it interferes with benzos and ssri's.

You can take valerian and kava although I dont know if I'd recommend taking them together, as it could easily cause over sedation. I take them one separate days depending on what sort of effect I am looking for. I dont think there is any dangerous interaction with benzos but again they are both sedatives.

I've taken Valerian and felt it did almost nothing.

I don't know if 400mg is a REALLY high dose or you are just really sensitive to it but I guarantee that that wouldn't do what 1.5mgs Klonopin does for me.

Man, you are lucky, IDK if it's cause I've never tried Valarian or kava whilst off benzo's, or at least in benzo withdrawal from a bad habit and had any positive or noticeable effects. I also have probably never used really good quality either at the same time. It's interesting what you say about it seeming to heal the residual damage caused from past benzo use, I can believe that for sure, sort of similar to when I kicked methadone and was miserable for 6 months and the shot dope just one time and it seemed to reset things in my brain and afterwards I abstained from any opiate use for nine months and didn't suffer anymore PAWS.

Just tried seeing how much Kava is to buy......Can you believe its banned in the UK! So Anabolic Steroids are legal yet Kava isnt!??!

I use valerian when I'm having a benzo break. It does ease rebound anxiety but I don't feel much else from it. Personally I would not compare it to an actual benzo, in fact what I feel from it could be placebo for all I know.

I've just been sitting on my kav / valerian...noopept...always been skeptical of that kind of shit but might have to dig in now. So 400mg is a normal dose? For kav/valerian naive person? All kav/valerian should be same doses? Like there's not some kav/valerian out there where you only need 200mg for example. Only ask cuz friend gave it to me in ziplocks no directions.

Second you zneg. What is up with reserving opiate use in our minds? I do it , & it's beat lol. I had a reservation for opes haven't done em in 3-4 yrs. took maybe 100mg of Tianeptine (synthetic ope) , line of dxe or dck w.e ppl r calling it. Felt the reset you were talking about. Didn't even notice the T cuz of the K but deff did the trick of getting it out my mind