• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Utopia

ColtDan

Bluelighter
Anyone seen this? Amazing series, glad i watched it. Just finished season 2. Very addictive show, beautiful cinematography, brilliant plot, acting, funny in places, and the soundtrack is sets the very dark and chilling atmosphere perfectly, strong violence throughout, the plot gets you thinking, poignant and disturbing

utopia-poster-2.jpg

NSFW:
0.jpg

NSFW:
JessicaandIan_zps3b1fa3d8.jpg

Your description of the dark atmosphere made me give this show a chance, and boy does this show have a dark foreboding mood to it, it quickly drew me in, and now I am almost finished with the first season already.
There is consistent theme about how people behave when stripped of compassion through abuse, the changing and instability society, or by ideology. I find it morbidly fascinating. If you look the show up on Imdb you will see a lot of critiques complain about the shocking and frequent violence. For me, though, it helps reinforce a feeling of a dark human nature coming out in a society and is increasingly desperate to hold together.

I would rate it like a 8.6 / 10, and for reference a show like Boardwalk Empireould be just slightly higher at 8.8 for slightly better acting, and Steve Buscemi.

My only possible complaint would be missing out of bits of the dialog at times due to all the Brit style speakin'

There's a show on in Australia now called Utopia too, and it's not the one above. It's this one -

Utopia (AU): Utopia follows politics in Australia, a satirical comedy that follows the decision making process within politics and then passing them off as something..

Strange they have used the same name.

What kind of show is this? Is it the new utopia show on fox? Without psychedelics, how could they expect to pull off utopia?