• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Utilising Kratom for Opiate Withdrawal

Hey guys, listen up! Here is a great tool for getting your life back....read the book, " The Alcohol and Addiction Cure" by Chris Prentiss. All I had to do was read the book, cover to cover, and it created a life-changing experience for me and set me up mentally for the task of getting off the narcs, but it will work for any addiction one has. Truly wonderful way of thinking......very different from when I thought I needed narcotics to live life.

Hi guys,

I've been on methadone for over 10 years and recently made a switch to kratom. I still can't believe how easy it was until now (considering I've been struggling with my methadone tapper for months now).

I've been on kratom for 10 days now and I feel quite normal (for most of the time). I've started with 5g of Enhanced Bali 4 times daily, then reduced progressively to 3g, 3 times daily. My methadone dose before the switch was 5mg.

Now, kratom still contains mu receptor agonists, therefore I am expecting some withdrawals to be present when I stop it. I am starting to wonder - how long should I continue using kratom in order to minimize both the wds from methadone and those from the leaves ?

Hello Daddict -

I'm hoping to get some additional information from you. I've been on Methadone for a little over two years now. In the past 6 months, I've gotten down to 5 mg for the past few weeks and can't seem to make the last step without extreme discomfort. Due to a financial situation, this Friday is the last day I will be able to get my methadone.

I see you started with 5g of Enhanced Bali 4 times daily, then reduced progressively. I have some questions for you...

1. How long did you use each level of progression?
2. You mention late you also were using vitamin and other supplements, what were they?
3. Were you making the Enhanced Bali into a tea?
4. Ultimately, were you able to keep your Kratom use to 25 days and did it seem to time well with the methadone withdraw?

I know you can't PM until after 50 posts, however, since tomorrow is my last day for Methadone, I'm kind of pressed for time and don't want to spam the community with useless posts just to PM you :)

Hi Jfrosty,

I PMed Daddict on your behalf but that post is from last year and he hasn't been online since the beginning of May. In response to your questions regarding kratom, the tea will be less bang for your buck and the amount that people get withdrawal abatement effects from will differ even batch to batch never mind person to person and supplier to supplier. I know you're worried about it getting off the 'done and I believe kratom will really help, and your overall mindset and doing this research in advance will surely benefit you, but you're going to have to find out what works for you as well.

The Opioid Withdrawal Megathread and FAQ

Questions about using Kratom to come off subs, how much and how long

I decided to stop taking subooxone about 2 1/2 weeks ago and have been using kratom fairly succesfully. I started taking 7-8 grams 3 times a day and have tapered down to 4 grams 3 times a day. My first question is how much kratom total did you guys go through to get off of the subs? I think I've bought around 1 lb, maybe like 20 oz, and 4 oz lasts me around 5 days, more now that I've been tapering. I'm running pretty low, like 3 or so more days, and don't want to buy more and be stuck with it. I was hoping to be fine by now but I still get rls and discomfort towards the end of the next dose.

Also I have some tramadol and soma on the way to help with ultimately getting off the kratom, so I don't want to spend the money on kratom if I really don't need it.

Also I know this has been covered, but how long did it take to go from off of subs to totally off kratom? I was looking for an easy way out, and none of my docs ever told me that suboxone would suck this much. I've been using some kava extract to help with anxiety and just want to be done with this, I'm so sick of taking a drug everyday to feel normal.
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I decided to stop taking subooxone about 2 1/2 weeks ago and have been using kratom fairly succesfully. I started taking 7-8 grams 3 times a day and have tapered down to 4 grams 3 times a day. My first question is how much kratom total did you guys go through to get off of the subs? I think I've bought around 1 lb, maybe like 20 oz, and 4 oz lasts me around 5 days, more now that I've been tapering. I'm running pretty low, like 3 or so more days, and don't want to buy more and be stuck with it. I was hoping to be fine by now but I still get rls and discomfort towards the end of the next dose.

Also I have some tramadol and soma on the way to help with ultimately getting off the kratom, so I don't want to spend the money on kratom if I really don't need it.

Also I know this has been covered, but how long did it take to go from off of subs to totally off kratom? I was looking for an easy way out, and none of my docs ever told me that suboxone would suck this much. I've been using some kava extract to help with anxiety and just want to be done with this, I'm so sick of taking a drug everyday to feel normal.
Thanks

I think around two to three weeks is ideal for using kratom to come off of bupe. Longer than this and your risk of addiction to kratom increases, and kratom addiction also contains the RLS and anxiety that you are describing.

IMO, try cutting back on the number of doses per day as well as amount per dose ASAP. Kratom does have a bit of an anxiety to it and taking more time between doses should get you more accustomed to feeling normal. My advice boils down to "be a minimalist from here out", essentially.

Good luck.

PS- If you see my post at the beginning of this thread, you'll see that my dosing was just like yours on the occasions I used kratom to quit bupe. I was very successful all but this latest time where I kept up at exactly the rate you are describing for too long.

hi guys,

sorry for bumping an old thread but it's time again. got a little too into my 'username' and am noticing pseudo knee pains 6 hours after nodding. ive heard kratom is a miracle drug. i've got 1oz powder form and 1oz pill form coming in the mail, a sample pack in each case containing the following types: 7 pills of Superior Maeng Da, Super Green Malay, Green Vein Thai, and Superior Bali each, and 7 grams of the same in powder.

Averaging 3-5 30's per day, how many g of kratom should I dose with per dose? did i buy the right amount to get through the worst of w/d or did i buy too much/little? any specific type tend to work better or do i want to mix and match at dose for desired effects?

mods, if im breaking the rules in wording please advise how to word it and don't ban me. i'm trying to quit for good and be straight thc. i'll be getting a username change down the road, too. :)

The kava that I buy regularly comes straight from a kava farm in Hawaii. It is some of the best kava I have ever drunk and I've had the Fiji brand, too.

Kava is great as a muscle relaxer, a mood enhancer, and as a sleep aid. As noted before, it really helps with restless leg/muscle spasms caused by opiate withdrawals.

Kava does off set some of the withdrawal symptoms.

Also it helped me keep my Poppy Tea use recreational, as I had a rule only to have Poppy Tea at weekends and in the week instead have Kava or maybe a beer or two. The combination of my Kava being severely held up by customs and messing up my knee cartledge (from falling over on an icy road) led to me using Poppy Tea more regulary and thus becoming dependant.

If I kick the pod habit (planning to have an Ibogaine fllood dose) and want to use recreationally, Kava will be invaluable.

You replied to something months old, I tried to note I was bumping an old thread in my response. But since Kava caught your attention, aside from asking you what you know about Kratom, let me just warn you that while on the Ibogaine don't go with the people in black hoods. Sounds crazy now but the way it was described to me by someone who went through the treatment with a "shaman" in Georgia that people trip out so badly on the stuff and if they see the man in the hood it literally is death and you do not wake up. Could be an old wives tale but was always enough to keep me off Ibogaine. He claimed to see it in less than 3% of cases, which is around Ibogaine's mortality rate not attributed to any form of overdosing.

Seriously though, anyone know if dropping roxi's for 2oz of Kratom will keep me distracted long enough to get through the first week of flu like w/d's?

^ The 2oz kratom will help, certainly. Pre-capsuled pills generally aren't the best quality but who knows. You'll probably need around 7g per dose, at least 2x per day with your habit.

I find Kratom is far less effective when put in capsules, find tea is the best way to go. Drink cold, and have a sweet orsomething as a chaser.

I take it that you mean it is bad news if you see the man with black hood during the ibogaine "trip". Is is curtains for certain if you see him, or can you get away (a bit like people with near death experiences, resisting going towards the light.)?

Been downing 3-6g at a time in powder form (then smoking a bowl of pure hashish or grass to potentiate) after agreeing the capsules with the exception of the maeng da weren't as good. Day 1: Only needed 3 (as opposed to 6) roxy's. Day 2: Had 2. Day 3, today: Had 1. Tomorrow imagine I won't be taking any. It forced a taper I believe by counteracting with the roxy and making a 30 feel like an OC. I'm a believer in the shit, it definitely takes the RLS away and doesn't allow the depression to onset. Just wish it didn't taste as planty but it is after all a plant. Every time I was weak and grabbed for a roxy it was an excuse, not because of w/d. If this makes it only psychological, I've got it beat again. (Just wanted to get high after my teams won)

When I say I take it in capsule form, ignore it. I've been emptying the capsules and parachuting the powder.

Sorry for being 3 days late on responding to you Hop Head, from what I am told yes you see it during the trip, and the instructions I was given was simply to get away from him and not go to him. While getting away don't panic. Have your sitter, and yes, get a sitter for ibogaine, just walk you to the bathroom or if youre stuck on the bed which is also reported to happen to people have a safe word the sitter and you agree to beforehand that you repeat and have repeated to keep you calm. Unlike acid, once ibogaine turns on you, it isn't going to turn back; the trip is supposedly going to bring out all of your demons to get to the source of why you are a user and that is what makes you stop using after the trip, or so they say. Again, and this isn't any forum violating it wasn't me nonsense, I've never touched the stuff and am going on hearsay reports from a guy I knew back east.

I really appreciate all of you on this site's advice and support. My plan isn't to quit opiates forever, just to get myself to that in my mind responsible level of use by not doing them all week, maybe all month, and then saying every blue moon "ok time to party". Football season makes it really tough not to party.

roxiphile - the big block of shit nobody wants to read below can metaphorically save one of your lives

I went ahead and posted my Kratom-induced withdrawal schedule:

On your first day, what I did was I took 6 grams of Maeng Da by capsule form and 3 out of my usual 6-10 Oxy's per day. That alone was huge! I learned, unfortunately, that I should have woken up 30 minutes before my alarm to avoid waking up puking when I needed to be working.

On day 2, 6 grams capsule form of a different strain. Not as good as the maeng da, still only took 2 oxy's.

on day 3, 6 grams capsule form 2x because this was the weakest strain of the sampler pack (Bali), 1 oxy not even for psychological, just because the Jets won and that's tradition since the 09 season for me to get high after.

day 4, today, 12 grams capsule form over two 6 gram increments. 0 oxy's as of 8:14pm local time, hour 11 awake.

RECOMMENDED KRATOM SUPPLY FOR W/D FOR ANYONE: 1/4Lb

Last edited:
Hello everyone I hope this is the right forum ( newbie) I have been on pain meds since 2008 after my motorcycle and a deer met.My question is I want to reduce my oxyneo intake I currently am on 60 mg three times per day and 10 mg IR twice one morning one evening I recently had blood work which indicated my liver was being damaged by oxyneo I am looking for advice on how to greatly reduce my dosage I am willing to suffer rather than keep being poisoned I have access to Keaton and but raise pacth any advice would be great

I have been lurking this forum for quite some time and this thread really helped me plan out my suboxone kick.

I was on suboxone for about a year and a half (2mg/day) until I tapered down to about 1mg before jumping off (I had to go to a funeral and didn't have enough to continue my taper lower without any discomfort).

I have been taking kratom for the past 5 days at a dose of 5 grams 3x a day. I did use some extract the first couple days to help ease the transition, but now I am only taking plain bali with a little bit of maeng da.

I really planned to be down to two doses a day today (day 5) but screwed up this morning since stayed up kind of late after taking my dose of kratom around 10pm. I ended up only sleeping for an hour and waking up with terrible chills, anxiety and RLS, so I took another dose of kratom. I just am curious if anyone has a good suggestion on how to titrate the dose down? Should I decrease my dosage first before jumping down to two times a day?

Sorry if I am a bit rambly, I'm in wd right now and writing up this post was a bit difficult. 8(

Desperately seeking help and advice on Kratom please!

I really need some help here. I suffer severe arthritus pain and have been on oxycodone for 2 years. The pain is debilitating, so the oxy really gives me back my quality of life.
Here's the thing; my resistance has changed so my 10mg dose 5x a day, does not even cut the pain anymore, I need 20-30mg just to be able to walk.
I get my script every 2 weeks, but have been running out 5-6 days sooner, thereby suffering those awful WD's. Asking to up the dose, although I really need it
puts me in the position to have to admit that I am not taking as prescribed, plus there is such a witchhunt on abuse, I am afraid they will take my meds altogether, it is a slippery slope even for someone like me who does not abuse with a bonafide need.
Here is my question, this Kratom sounds great, first for the WD's, but also sounds like a pain reliever as well. I need to know what is the best kind to use, and the best way to dose. I am fixed income disabled from my arthritis, therefore need the most economical and effective way for use.
Any help and specific advice on what type, dosing amount etc... would be greatly appreciated, if the Kratom can help me the few days when I run out,
plus relieve my pain this would be a miracle for my chronic pain, physical dependance.
Thanks in advance for any help, really look forward to hearing from all U good peeps!!!

I am begging for help

Please please please In the name God where and what kind of Kratom!
Who is a trustworthy supplier and what kind and how much!

Hi you all
I want to quit Tramadol using Bali Kratom capsules. I’m not sure how to do it.
I’m on 400mg Tramadol / day (100mg 4 x day)
Can I use Tramadol and Kratom together ? How much Kratom and when ?
Can I simply replace part of the dosage with Kratom ?
Thanks for all the advice.