• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Utilising Kratom for Opiate Withdrawal

I'm on day 4 of my morphine detox. I broke my neck and back as a kid and am now 35. Over the years I keep having to bump up my meds as my body adjusts. On tramadol 2x a day, norco 10's 4x a day and morphine 3x a day. I have been on Tram and Norco for over 15 years and have never had an issue. BUT morphine is a whole nother beast. I am almost mad at my Dr for even giving me that crap. If I miss 1 dose of it (40mg) I go into full fledged withdrawals. Severe RLS, cold/hot, angry, suicidal thoughts, etc. And that is with Tram and norco in my system.

As stated this is day 4 of my withdrawal. Day 1 and 2 was terrible! However, I figured I would try more Tram and I tripled my dose and literally 100% of my wd's went away! I felt great for about 8 hours. Problem is it was my last two days worth so now I am without any so today is the worst by far. That is up until about an hour ago when I took some old Kratom I had from a couple years ago. I hated the taste so I said screw it. But it is taking away about 75% of my wd's.

I know everyone is different but Tramadol is amazing for morphine wd's and Kratom is way better than nothing.

Hoping this nightmare will be over soon. Not sure how much longer I have to endure. I am surprised at how terrible the RLS is. I have not slept a minute in two nights/days and that is the most frustrating part. Took two sleeping pills last night and still nothing...uugh.
MS Contin was hellish for me too. Nowadays on methadone and its soooo much better. No WDs ever even if i forget to take it and no pain! Kratom is always nearby for me as well.

Kratom is wonderful, but don't overdo it. I have had to deal with Kratom WDs a few times over the years and its miserable. It's not that its super debilitating, it just lasts for weeks and weeks. You are cold even in a jacket in summertime. Not fun.

Props to all of y'all kicking habits! That's no easy feat!

Agreed. I do not take Kratom for more than 3-4 days in a row. Before last week I had not taken it for almost a year. It is kinda lucky that it tastes like my a*s!

I can not imagine going thru this morphine withdrawal without my Vicodin and Tramadol. I know that thay are also opioids but I really have no choice but take them. I wonder if being on them will prolong my wd's...I am on day 12 now and I actually felt a bit weird this morning again almost like day 5ish on my wd's.

I am super frustrated about sleeping or I should say not sleeping. I have the Tramadol for my RLS and it is a miracle drug for anyone suffering RLS. However, with the side effect of RLS coming off morphine is making mine very severe. My wife is extremely patient and super supportive but I am going to sleep in the guest room for a few nights as I know I am keeping her up too and she is 7 months pregnant with our 3rd boy. I literally want to chop my legs off at night. When I do fall asleep I maybe get 30 minutes and wakeup to start the process all over again. I have tried ZZZQuill and Benedril but they have very little effect. Over 12 days I have not had more than 3 hours in a single night and am not able to nap during the day either. So frustrating! Any ideas from anyone else going thru the insomnia?

Also, it is day 5 on my HGH and I still have zero depression. Thank God for that. My Mom ordered it by mistake and gave it to me so I have 5 250 pill bottles that were $75 each. Thanks Mom:)

What is the best strain for helping with withdrawls and what online shop to use?
Hears not to use head shops, why is this? Please I need help!!

the one thing I would say to anyone who wants to try kramtom is find a place that offers straight up free samples ( like not if you buy something). IMHO, it means they want to earn your trust.

why 2 weeks? where are studies that say that? Why do people talk about transfering dependency? I am dependant on opioids (full stop.) when I had my appendix out and got some odd pancreas infection as a complication of surgery, I was in hospital for a month and a half on IV dilauded I was able to go home and switch back to hydrocodone with no issues. my body doesn't seem to give a flip which opoid I take just so long as i take one. the 2 exceptions are 1, loperamide takes a day or 2 to stablize me and 2 tramadol seems to do f-all except make me see giant smurfs.

I get that weaker opiods might not stablize someone at normal doses when I visited friends in wales and tried codiene I needed a lot to get stable but the dependancy is the same.

In my experience Red Vein is the strongest Kratom but again everyone is different. Head shops just charge a lot more than online shops.

Been 1 month now off Morphine!!! The longer I'm off it the more I realize that stuff is the Devil. I am finally getting around 6 hours of sleep a night but it took almost a month to sleep "normal".

I have more pain now of course but it is worth it to feel human again.

It is just surprising to me how much stronger M is than others. When I broke my neck I was on around 300mg of Oxy a day for around 6 months and never had any withdrawals when I stopped cold turkey. But Morphine gave me terrible withdrawals if I missed 1 damn dose. Happy to be free and back to just Vicodin and Tramadol.

So I have had a norco habit for about 10 years. Started only 5 mg every once in a while for pain relating to RA (ha ha I remember when even that amount could make me nauseous). Steadily went up so that for the last couple of years, I was doing 40-50 mg daily. Last norco was about 3 weeks ago.

My physical withdrawals were really no big deal but every time I have quit in the past, the cravings/depression/lethargy/anxiety and lack of ability to focus haven driven me back to asking for another script.

This time, I have tried using Maeng Da and it has helped tremendously. I started using about 4 doses of 5 mg and am now at about 4 doses of about 3 mg. I can't keep on doing it forever though as it is cost prohibitive and Indon't like the morning "hangovers" I get. I am trying to continue to slowly lower my dose every week. However, I am worried that I have been doing it too long and will have difficulty stopping. Again, feel much healthier with this dependence over the norcos but don't want to become addicted to the Kratom.

Is there a sweet spot in a tapering schedule where I don't stop too early (and risk relapse to norcos) but don't develop a new addiction? I know in the grand scheme of things the amount of norcos I was taking wasn't awful but the bad part is how long I was on them. I definitely don't want to do them anymore and want to help myself as much as possible prevent cravings.

Would taking a good quality of Kratom, say Maeng Da extract alleviate these horrific tramadol withdrawals? Ive been taking tramadol for 7 years now and im sick of being a slave to this drug. I can't even function through the day without popping a few of these damn pills. Any help would be appreciated

Phil

So if I am to understand this correctly, switching from Methadone to Kratom is no problem? One can continue to be perfectly functional? Does Kratom cause horrendous, tidal sweats like Methadone?

I have always used pregabalinm, clonazepam, GBL, and amphetamines, not all together but on at time for 4 weeks so I don't get addicted. amphetamine is great, it takes everything away, so is pregabalin. Phenibut ios also great, but I cant geti it here. Also kratom would be good but I cant get it here :(. I hate opioids I never use them again...

I used kratom to combat w/d from oxycodone and after 5 days of using it I realized withdrawing from kratom was worse than the oxy! In addition, gabapentin didn't work at all, even benzos made little difference. Went back to an opioid for a week than used gabapentin and klonopin to get me thru the first couple days. MUCH less painful.

i too found myself hating the wd from krat even more than the wd from traditional opioids.

Well guys I have been on perc for a little over 3 years now, a buddy of mine knowing how bad I want off of the darn things gave me some kratom to try. I was very skeptical. But at 5am I woke up with horrible RLS and couldn't not sleep and I fell horrible. I decided that this morning is the first morning for the rest of my life. I took about 5 scoops of kratom and mixed it with hot water and drank it all, here's to a brighter future, I will keep everyone up to date on how things are going and my progress, any tips or support during this process will be greatly appreciated, wish me luck guys

Dose was actually quite low ... I've been on 30mg for most of the time.

I definitely feel some wds in between kratom doses. It usually starts at the 4-5 hours mark after dosing the kratom. However, these are limited to sweating, cold flushes, runny nose and anxiety. Some gastrointestinal discomfort, but not too bad. I had some aches and RLS during the first days, but they were gone two days ago. Also, sleeping almost fine (at 5-6h a night) and eating more than usual.

I also have some benzos and loperamide and will probably use them when off kratom.

30mg for 10 yrs? How and why. Your all done. Out the kratom away and go about your life. Your nickle and dimeng it too much. 30 mg you should have been done with your detox in 3 mos tops. Kratom crutch for a month or two tops. If it's still bad for you, my advise.... Get back on mmt. A dose that will hold you and keep you right. Cheaper. Less dangerous. I know I sound rude to you. I apologize. I have to remember everybody here isn't from Bronx NY! Hey, how in the world did 30mg hold you to the point of no withdrawal symptoms every single am, let alone worrying about the final few.

Hey guys, how often can I use kratom before I go through WD of it? I've been using it for two days now to cope with mild OP withdrawal. I DO NOT want to go through the hell of agony of withdrawing from anything RN.... Withdrawing from opiates has already been the darkest spiritual journey ever LOLOL

Hey guys, how often can I use kratom before I go through WD of it? I've been using it for two days now to cope with mild OP withdrawal. I DO NOT want to go through the hell of agony of withdrawing from anything RN.... Withdrawing from opiates has already been the darkest spiritual journey ever LOLOL

Not sure what you mean mate. If you say you're already going through OP (oxy?) withdrawl, then you're using the kratom to simply mask those withdrawls. As soon as you stop the kratom, you will have to go through the withdrawl from the original drug anyway..All you're doing right now is postponing it...In fact, if anything you're making things worse since you said the withdrawl you're masking is a mild one. By continuing to use an opiate, you're going to make it more likely that those mild withdrawls become more severe as you're increasing the length of time you will have been taking opiates in total.

Unless you're planning to do some sort of taper with the Kratom or are just using it to bridge the gap until you get a new prescription for the original drug or something, then you're gonna have to withdraw at some stage and as I say, are currently just postponing it and making it worse for when you do stop.

I respectfully disagree as Kratom used over a couple weeks with a nice taper is easier than straight OXY w/d IMO. You might have a rough transition on to the Kratom but this will subside after a few days which seems like where you're at.

When you begin to feel better and have some energy start dropping the Kratom down earlier than a couple weeks if you want to get it over with. Staying on Kratom can be very difficult to stop bu t a short taper is easier from all of the accounts I've read and what I've experienced myself. Not that i didn't mess it up a couple months later but it felt good to be squeaky clean.

Good Luck GMOOTC!

I respectfully disagree as Kratom used over a couple weeks with a nice taper is easier than straight OXY w/d IMO. You might have a rough transition on to the Kratom but this will subside after a few days which seems like where you're at.

When you begin to feel better and have some energy start dropping the Kratom down earlier than a couple weeks if you want to get it over with. Staying on Kratom can be very difficult to stop bu t a short taper is easier from all of the accounts I've read and what I've experienced myself. Not that i didn't mess it up a couple months later but it felt good to be squeaky clean.

Good Luck GMOOTC!

With a taper yes I agree (OP wasn't tapering...just taking a bit if kratom to make his oxy withdrawl less painful)....but if only suffering minor WDs now, using kratom randomly for an unspecified periodic time won't make things easier at all...if the WDs are minor at present.

A taper? Yes

Random use until run out? No.

Best if luck all the same OP

Last edited:
Idk I was using kratom only for the past two days and it helped me get over the lingering effects of oxy WD. How would kratom alone bring back oxy wd? I don't find kratom to be anywhere nearly appealing as opiates but that's just me.. was just using it to help discomfort.