• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Utilising Kratom for Opiate Withdrawal

^a stimulant like snorted DMAA (yes it stings, but stings good) during opiate w/d can give you a good feeling of an adrenaline rush which will feel like a "reward" in your brain.. meanwhile it is speeding up your system and IMO/IME can make w/d's end sooner.. YMMV but during my bupe w/d's DMAA wasn't uncomfortable in the least bit and that is the STRONGEST stim i can take since im bipolar and VERY sensitive to them. like i said tho YMMV

I used Kratom to ease the withdrawals of a poppy pod tea addiction and it worked fantastic, as in, I suffered virtually no withdrawals at all (and I've gone the cold turkey route before).

I dosed twice a day with two grams of 15X Kratom. The only side effects that I noted was a headache caused by the Kratom. But you can head this off by taking OTC pain relievers prior to dosing with Kratom. And if you take too much Kratom, you will get some of the stimulant effect that people mention here, but it is not worse than that from a cup of coffee. And for me, the stimulation helped me get through my work day.

For me, Kratom was a miracle drug. At the end of 10 days, I was able to stop taking Kratom and felt no withdrawal symptoms at all.

Rimbaud-

This is my plan but I'm a bit skeptical. How long was your addiction? I've been a daily pod user for 7 years. Every wd I've been through has been horrendous. Also, I've never been completely happy with kratom's effects. They seem to be either not enough or too much (end up dizzy, nauseated, etc.) And I also would get headaches. Kratom high's don't last as long as pod tea either. Do you need to redose often?

I know of a reliable source I've used in the past. So, the 15x extract worked best for you? Did you gel cap it, slug and chug or do a strained tea?

I plan to start this week so any help is much appreciated.

I have an oxy habit - easily 200, probably 400mg in a day if I HAD that much (and knew it would --it being my script) last me the month. Needless to say my prescription lasts me 1-3 weeks, usually around 2 wks. I want to try kratom (again). I don't even remember much of the last experience except that it was half assed and it made my stomach hurt.

Would kratom (bali capsules or ANY) be beneficial for me at ALL? I am afraid it will not be worth it -->any ideas as to what the max dose of oxy would be for kratom to be of use? In other words, how much of an oxy habit = one to be f*cked.

Note: I am in w/d right now and desperate. This seems like a great/easy/legal option (immediate) for the time being --ASAP when I wake up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Beginner Kratom questions

I'm currently detoxing from a recent Opana addiction after being clean for 6 months. I've only got a single Suboxone strip for this entire week, attempting a rapid detox. I've already gone through half the strip in less than 50 hours so I don't think I'm going to make it much farther and am considering ordering some Kratom.

1) Is Kratom an effective substance to kick opiates with? I'm really only looking to manage the withdrawal symptoms, NOT looking to get high at all.

2) How much of a typical daily dose would someone need to manage withdrawal symptoms if say ~4mg of Suboxone would keep them from getting sick all day long?

3) How long would a person need to take Kratom to be able to kick opiates at the end without much struggle if they were taking the equivalent to ~4mg Suboxone per day of Kratom?

4) How much Kratom would a person need to complete step 3 of this process?

Any other suggestions or advice is appreciated. I'm gung-ho about quitting opiates this time around, at least for now, and am looking for anything to help me with this process. I've read that some consider Kratom an amazing substance and others don't really think it does much. I'd like some clarity before I order any. 5 grams of it seems like quite a bit, but then again I'm not sure how much a typical dose is.

Also, is Kratom Extract basically what I'm looking for? I really hope this question isn't out of bounds, but if it is, please remove it. Thanks!

^ This information you can find within MANY threads already on here. For example, I posted a thread a long while back in a similar situation. Anyway : 'form' of kratom - powder in capsule, leave, extract is fairly personal/subjective. I'd try capsules if I were you. They are easier on the stomach than the leaves (which in my opinion are harsh). As far as 'amount', I have no idea as I've never bothered to try (hence my above question).

Slow down on that strip! As someone who used ALL their goods in one greedy gluttonous cloud... I warn you, you will regret it deeply :S

I have an oxy habit - easily 200, probably 400mg in a day if I HAD that much (and knew it would --it being my script) last me the month. Needless to say my prescription lasts me 1-3 weeks, usually around 2 wks. I want to try kratom (again). I don't even remember much of the last experience except that it was half assed and it made my stomach hurt.

Would kratom (bali capsules or ANY) be beneficial for me at ALL? I am afraid it will not be worth it -->any ideas as to what the max dose of oxy would be for kratom to be of use? In other words, how much of an oxy habit = one to be f*cked.

Note: I am in w/d right now and desperate. This seems like a great/easy/legal option (immediate) for the time being --ASAP when I wake up.
With an oxy habit youre better off getting poppy pods. You'd have to take a pretty large dose of kratom to maybe even feel some relief from an oxy habit that size. And as I remember large doses of kratom made me uncomfortable.

So with a habit the size you have, you'd be better off if you could get good poppies (which good ones are very spendy right now, crappy ones are cheap but then they are well, crappy), you'll get some good relief and maybe even get high (no guarantees though).

I'm currently detoxing from a recent Opana addiction after being clean for 6 months. I've only got a single Suboxone strip for this entire week, attempting a rapid detox. I've already gone through half the strip in less than 50 hours so I don't think I'm going to make it much farther and am considering ordering some Kratom.

1) Is Kratom an effective substance to kick opiates with? I'm really only looking to manage the withdrawal symptoms, NOT looking to get high at all.

2) How much of a typical daily dose would someone need to manage withdrawal symptoms if say ~4mg of Suboxone would keep them from getting sick all day long?

3) How long would a person need to take Kratom to be able to kick opiates at the end without much struggle if they were taking the equivalent to ~4mg Suboxone per day of Kratom?

4) How much Kratom would a person need to complete step 3 of this process?

Any other suggestions or advice is appreciated. I'm gung-ho about quitting opiates this time around, at least for now, and am looking for anything to help me with this process. I've read that some consider Kratom an amazing substance and others don't really think it does much. I'd like some clarity before I order any. 5 grams of it seems like quite a bit, but then again I'm not sure how much a typical dose is.

Also, is Kratom Extract basically what I'm looking for? I really hope this question isn't out of bounds, but if it is, please remove it. Thanks!
Kratom potency will vary quite considerably on a batch to batch as well as user to user basis so your questions are much to specific to be answerable.

I will merely say that kratom contains opioid alkaloids and even if they don't fully manage your withdrawal symptoms they will definitely help at least somewhat.

Generally extracts are not a good value compared to the other plant matter options however with opiate tolerant users they sometimes need to get extracts as they would need to consume too much plant matter to handle in order to feel effects.

^I just want to add to that that there are strains of kratom that are reknowned for being consistently good. If you read around about the strains of kratom, you'll get a better idea of what is almost always good. Certain premium leaves from reputable vendors are priced higher but contain no extract; they are just particularly good batches of kratom. I recommend looking for these.

With an oxy habit youre better off getting poppy pods. You'd have to take a pretty large dose of kratom to maybe even feel some relief from an oxy habit that size. And as I remember large doses of kratom made me uncomfortable.

So with a habit the size you have, you'd be better off if you could get good poppies (which good ones are very spendy right now, crappy ones are cheap but then they are well, crappy), you'll get some good relief and maybe even get high (no guarantees though).
^There are still good pods?! Wow.

Anyway, kratom extracts (particularly the very strong ones like UEI) can be taken to match a high dose of other opioids. With your tolerance being so high, maybe get a small amount of UEI and some leaf powder, and take the UEI only when necessary. The leaves are much less addicting than the extracts so it is best to use just leaf as much as possible. However, you will probably need a bit of the stronger UEI occasionally.

^There are still good pods?! Wow.

There were reportedly good pods still around at least until this past January. I haven't been keep track since then because they were ridiculously expensive. So expensive in fact that a minor heroin habit would have been cheaper. There is a board that I'm a member of that keeps track of that sort of thing but I haven't logged in for a while because of the prices and bc I've returned to my DOC unfortunately. (and I mean that in the sense of returning to opiates after nearly a 5 year break :( )

re kratom extracts: I have tried a few extracts, all were 15x, but I never had any luck with them even when I had 0 tolerance to opiates. I've always had luck with just using the bali powder (for the person that asked about powder, powder just means it's kratom leaf that has been ground to a fine powder - it's the same as crushed leaf or whole leaf except powderized! :D ). I could dose a few times a day in the ballpark of 7g. Too much more and I would get the overlyspeedy effect and the weird eye thing going on. Again, when I was using kratom I nearly 0 opiate tolerance.

I found kratom and poppy pods to go reallly well together. A nice easy pleasant and long lasting euphoria. I'd say that some of those highs countered highs powered opiates. Again, I had no tolerance at the time.

Rimbaud-

This is my plan but I'm a bit skeptical. How long was your addiction? I've been a daily pod user for 7 years. Every wd I've been through has been horrendous. Also, I've never been completely happy with kratom's effects. They seem to be either not enough or too much (end up dizzy, nauseated, etc.) And I also would get headaches. Kratom high's don't last as long as pod tea either. Do you need to redose often?

I know of a reliable source I've used in the past. So, the 15x extract worked best for you? Did you gel cap it, slug and chug or do a strained tea?

I plan to start this week so any help is much appreciated.

Sorry for the slow reply; I don't visit this forum all that often.

I used poppy pod tea steadily for over five years, getting addicted, clean, and then re-addicted multiple times. Toward the end, I was dosing daily for a solid year. Due to the unavailability of my drug of choice these days (pods), I decided to get off once and for all.

I dosed with 15x in the morning, and then dosed again about 7 hours later, or as soon as I could feel the Kratom starting to wear off and withdrawal symptoms returning. I was able to get through my work day with that amount, and sleep at night, as well. The mornings could be a bit rough, to be sure!

You may or may not be able to get by on that amount; just try to find your proper dose, keeping in mind that the less you can get by on, the less negative side effects you are likely to experience. You can also use 10x at the same rate, but I found that I need to dose more often with the less-stronger version.

I was not using Kratom to get high, only to mitigate withdrawal symptoms (and yes, I think this makes a big difference in letting the Kratom "help you" in the process). Like you, I experienced headaches and some stomach upset from Kratom. But as noted earlier, the headaches can be thwarted by taking some OTC pain relievers prior to ingestion; the stomach upset can be cured by using concentrated ginger capsules, as needed.

I abhor the taste of Kratom, so I just used 1/2 teaspoon of Kratom (equal to about two grams) by dumping the powder on my tounge and then quickly washing it down with water. That works best for me, anyway.

After ten days, I was able to stop using Kratom and did not feel any poppy pod tea withdrawal symptoms, but did experience a milder verision of withdrawals from the Kratom itself (but that is nothing compared to withdrawal from poppy pod tea, I can tell you).

Best of luck to you, by the way and I hope this may help you.

I tried Kratom when not in withdrawal and felt like I took some ephedra. Makes me scared to try it during WD becuse the last thing I want is a stimulant.

The opioids in kratom can give a speedy effect, much like bupe or oxycodone... It is still opioids though, and will help at least somewhat with withdrawal.

Rimbaud-

Hearing your story is a big help. I'm in the midst of pod tea tapering plus kratom and it's going great! I've cut down on the amount of kratom, found my sweet spot and got rid of most side effects.

The only problem now is I enjoy the combo. Pod tea helps counteract the jittery/speedyness of kratom (actually, it's reminiscent of my fav combo pod tea and amphetemines).

But I don't want to keep that up so I'm going to taper down, switch to kratom, taper that and jump off. Probably use some lopermide if needed. Kratom is a godsend- so much cheaper, easier withdrawal (from what I hear) and it keeps me regular, ha. Pod tea can block you up for days.

Dude this story is very inspiring and congratulations to daddict and after reading this post I think im gunna get sum kratom and start a taper.

Rimbaud-

Hearing your story is a big help. I'm in the midst of pod tea tapering plus kratom and it's going great! I've cut down on the amount of kratom, found my sweet spot and got rid of most side effects.

The only problem now is I enjoy the combo. Pod tea helps counteract the jittery/speedyness of kratom (actually, it's reminiscent of my fav combo pod tea and amphetemines).

But I don't want to keep that up so I'm going to taper down, switch to kratom, taper that and jump off. Probably use some lopermide if needed. Kratom is a godsend- so much cheaper, easier withdrawal (from what I hear) and it keeps me regular, ha. Pod tea can block you up for days.

I am very glad to learn that the details of my experience have helped you. Afterall, that is what this message board is all about! Fantastic to learn that the Kratom is working for you. I was very sceptical of Kratom when I first learned of it. But it really does work and as you well know, withdrawing from pod tea can be very rough (and lasts so damn long that it often causes a person to relapse).

I forgot to add in my last post that because I am not all that crazy about some of the side effects of Kratom, that fact helps me to not abuse Kratom and/or lead to substituting one addiction for another.

I also did not mention that in order to combat some of Kratom's "speediness," I drank kava kava in the traditional way (mixing powdered kava root with coconut water, straining, and drinking). I found that drinking kava allowed me to sleep much easier and took away some of the "restless leg" syndrome that withdrawing from opiates can cause in people (and in my case, it is "restless arms/shoulder muscles" that bothers me.

Tapering from the Kratom is pretty easy; the withdrawals from it are nowhere near as bad as pod tea.

Best of luck to you.

^

Funny you mention kava. I'm planning on getting some for that very reason. I used to get kava root powder straight from Fiji from a Fijian women. She gave me a gourd and straining cloth too. I haven't found any kava since that compared to this stuff, it was the real deal.

^

Funny you mention kava. I'm planning on getting some for that very reason. I used to get kava root powder straight from Fiji from a Fijian women. She gave me a gourd and straining cloth too. I haven't found any kava since that compared to this stuff, it was the real deal.

The kava that I buy regularly comes straight from a kava farm in Hawaii. It is some of the best kava I have ever drunk and I've had the Fiji brand, too.

Kava is great as a muscle relaxer, a mood enhancer, and as a sleep aid. As noted before, it really helps with restless leg/muscle spasms caused by opiate withdrawals.

I'm one of the unlucky ones. I had a huge oxy habit and even after tapering not even maeng da wouldn't do anything for me even though it woud rock my world prior to my tolerance. Plus it sucks taking to much and being sick and w/ding.