• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin using the same syringe to shoot twice

Status
Not open for further replies.

craigyt2k

Bluelighter
is it safe? i dont see why not, making one strong syringe of heroin mix and shooting half then the rest 2hours later?

some people do that, but if you register any blood in your rig then it will clot, and when you go to bang it you could possibly have a stroke from the clotted blood in the syringe.

also, this is a harm reduction site, and you should always use a fresh unused syringe EVERY time you shoot.

also leaving dope in a rig prepped gives it the possibility in growing bacteria or something from the water used not being sterile, something in the dope, or just b/c it's sitting in the right temp to promote bacterial growth.

is it safe? i dont see why not, making one strong syringe of heroin mix and shooting half then the rest 2hours later?
It's relatively safe but it's advisable always to use a new needle with every shot.

I say "relatively safe" because many people re-use needles, it's just not a good practice to get into.

also, heroin degrades in water over time, so you leave that shot too long, it wont be as potent.

and reusing needles is a great way to end up with perma tracks.

^^ good advice by these two. Yes the heroin will degrade and getting into a habit of re-using needles is no good!

and reusing needles is a great way to end up with perma tracks.

This is very true (palli is also spot on about the heroin hydrolyzing in the solution). I have managed to avoid permanent tracks, but it's almost inevitable if you only re-use and re-use and re-use and re-use... your needles.

If you only use each one once, track marks are much harder to acquire (though not impossible).

My major problem with this idea is that you haveto register your shot and the blood could clot inside the syringe. Also bacteria LOVES blood. Why not leave half the dope in the cap with the cotton and draw it up later ?

aside from the risk of clogging your shot or the obvious health risks , it would make it harder to see if you registered a vein on the second shot with the solution already being red from the first blood you put in there, ive done it and it doesnt seem worth it

Since this has been answered I'm going to close this, please don't re-use needles. If you are going to, flush them out in between uses. Blood will coagulate.

Status
Not open for further replies.