• Bluelight HOT THREADS
  • Let's Welcome Our NEW MEMBERS!

Using THC gelcaps sublingually

Thomas Davie

Moderator: CD
Staff member
These are the kind that a tiny amount of oil is somehow magically placed inside a gelatin capsule and sealed. My tolerance grew very quickly when I was using these every day. Long, unpredictable onset.

So about 2 days ago I tried hold one gelcap under my tongue as tightly as I could. Was pretty sure the thing was dissolved and I was getting a cannabis taste every time I swallowed. But it started to have an effect that slowly built and plateaued around 1 1/2 hours. Fell asleep and when I woke up it was a full on body stone.

I’d always been curious about the oral sprays that were meant for under the tongue/side of mouth but didn’t ‘believe’. I believe now, and can easily see how it might be overwhelming for someone not familiar with edibles. W/o mentioning price I find gelcaps to be 8-10 times less expensive than a legal, over processed cookie. I was never able to do this with straight oil because I would end up reflexively swallowing it, taking too long for effect and sometimes mediocre effects.

These were 10 mg gelcaps using MCT carrier.

Tom

w01fg4ng

Moderator: TL, CD
Staff member
Thanks for the info, Tom!

I was never able to do this with straight oil because I would end up reflexively swallowing it, taking too long for effect and sometimes mediocre effects.
What I've done with some success is soaking a small piece of balled up bread in the oil and placing that under the tongue. It probably leaks the oil faster than a gelcap would but it still works pretty well.

assclass

Bluelighter
Might as well just get oil (MCT carrier w/ infused). Gelcaps cost more because of the process to make the gel cap, and most people appreciate them because of no taste.

G_Chem

Bluelighter
Yup sublingually is much better, especially if it’s in MCT.

I use RSO daily and I’ve tried it various ways, in MCT/not in MCT, sublingually/orally/rectal, etc.

The best way is how you just went, THC in MCT sublingually.

My buddy with leukemia used to bring me these vials of RSO MCT tincture where each night I’d drop 2-5 drops under tongue and worked amazingly compared to the same dosage not in MCT.

That said I’m lazy, RSO is cheap, so I usually just eat the shit raw. Little dab under the tongue.

-GC

Last edited:

assclass

Bluelighter
Yeah I always use coconut oil/MCT as a carrier. I think having a carrier oil helps the body metabolize THC, unsure the method of action but it definitely helps.

Thomas Davie

Staff member
Might as well just get oil (MCT carrier w/ infused). Gelcaps cost more because of the process to make the gel cap, and most people appreciate them because of no taste.
I did try and still have straight oil (MCT) in the fridge. Prefer not to use it unless cooking. I also like the repeatability of pre made gelcaps. Buying the, from a licensed producer drives the cost way down to being affordable.

Tom

Thomas Davie

Staff member
Where did these gelcap`s come from?
These were gelcaps picked up at a legal REC store in Canada. On a price/10 mg basis they are 6-8 times cheaper than legal edibles. The legal edibles are still very much chocolates/chocolate bars/gummies/cookies so not good if you're trying to avoid sugar (I'm not concerned with sugar but people who are diabetic/prediabetic might be).

Tom

euphoricc

Bluelighter
These were gelcaps picked up at a legal REC store in Canada. On a price/10 mg basis they are 6-8 times cheaper than legal edibles. The legal edibles are still very much chocolates/chocolate bars/gummies/cookies so not good if you're trying to avoid sugar (I'm not concerned with sugar but people who are diabetic/prediabetic might be).

Tom
COOL COOL THANK YOU FOR ANSWERING CAUSE I NEED THESE I HAVE 2 KIDS ITS GETTING HARDER TO SMOKE ;) LOL i switched to oil doing dabs all day now but i was going to put my shatter in a gelcap and eat 1 huh would that even work>? lol

FuckinAcidMan

Bluelighter
coconut oil infused with strong weed is my favorite oral/sublingual carrier mechanism. If you can get the infusion really strong, chopping off little chunks of it in solid form when kept in the fridge and just popping em in your mouth or coffee or something is a really easy way to get a solid stone without much hassle, and adjusting dose is easy.

G_Chem

Bluelighter
COOL COOL THANK YOU FOR ANSWERING CAUSE I NEED THESE I HAVE 2 KIDS ITS GETTING HARDER TO SMOKE ;) LOL i switched to oil doing dabs all day now but i was going to put my shatter in a gelcap and eat 1 huh would that even work>? lol
It will work minimally. The THC in shatter is usually mostly THC-A which needs to be decarboxylated before it is orally active.

If you decarboxylate the shatter first, then yes you can put it in a gel.

-GC