• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Using THC gelcaps sublingually

Thomas Davie

Moderator: CD
Staff member
These are the kind that a tiny amount of oil is somehow magically placed inside a gelatin capsule and sealed. My tolerance grew very quickly when I was using these every day. Long, unpredictable onset.

So about 2 days ago I tried hold one gelcap under my tongue as tightly as I could. Was pretty sure the thing was dissolved and I was getting a cannabis taste every time I swallowed. But it started to have an effect that slowly built and plateaued around 1 1/2 hours. Fell asleep and when I woke up it was a full on body stone.

I’d always been curious about the oral sprays that were meant for under the tongue/side of mouth but didn’t ‘believe’. I believe now, and can easily see how it might be overwhelming for someone not familiar with edibles. W/o mentioning price I find gelcaps to be 8-10 times less expensive than a legal, over processed cookie. I was never able to do this with straight oil because I would end up reflexively swallowing it, taking too long for effect and sometimes mediocre effects.

These were 10 mg gelcaps using MCT carrier.

Tom

Thanks for the info, Tom!

I was never able to do this with straight oil because I would end up reflexively swallowing it, taking too long for effect and sometimes mediocre effects.
What I've done with some success is soaking a small piece of balled up bread in the oil and placing that under the tongue. It probably leaks the oil faster than a gelcap would but it still works pretty well.

Might as well just get oil (MCT carrier w/ infused). Gelcaps cost more because of the process to make the gel cap, and most people appreciate them because of no taste.

Yup sublingually is much better, especially if it’s in MCT.

I use RSO daily and I’ve tried it various ways, in MCT/not in MCT, sublingually/orally/rectal, etc.

The best way is how you just went, THC in MCT sublingually.

My buddy with leukemia used to bring me these vials of RSO MCT tincture where each night I’d drop 2-5 drops under tongue and worked amazingly compared to the same dosage not in MCT.

That said I’m lazy, RSO is cheap, so I usually just eat the shit raw. Little dab under the tongue.

-GC

Last edited:
Yeah I always use coconut oil/MCT as a carrier. I think having a carrier oil helps the body metabolize THC, unsure the method of action but it definitely helps.

Might as well just get oil (MCT carrier w/ infused). Gelcaps cost more because of the process to make the gel cap, and most people appreciate them because of no taste.

I did try and still have straight oil (MCT) in the fridge. Prefer not to use it unless cooking. I also like the repeatability of pre made gelcaps. Buying the, from a licensed producer drives the cost way down to being affordable.

Tom

Where did these gelcap`s come from?

These were gelcaps picked up at a legal REC store in Canada. On a price/10 mg basis they are 6-8 times cheaper than legal edibles. The legal edibles are still very much chocolates/chocolate bars/gummies/cookies so not good if you're trying to avoid sugar (I'm not concerned with sugar but people who are diabetic/prediabetic might be).

Tom

These were gelcaps picked up at a legal REC store in Canada. On a price/10 mg basis they are 6-8 times cheaper than legal edibles. The legal edibles are still very much chocolates/chocolate bars/gummies/cookies so not good if you're trying to avoid sugar (I'm not concerned with sugar but people who are diabetic/prediabetic might be).

Tom
COOL COOL THANK YOU FOR ANSWERING CAUSE I NEED THESE I HAVE 2 KIDS ITS GETTING HARDER TO SMOKE ;) LOL i switched to oil doing dabs all day now but i was going to put my shatter in a gelcap and eat 1 huh would that even work>? lol

coconut oil infused with strong weed is my favorite oral/sublingual carrier mechanism. If you can get the infusion really strong, chopping off little chunks of it in solid form when kept in the fridge and just popping em in your mouth or coffee or something is a really easy way to get a solid stone without much hassle, and adjusting dose is easy.

COOL COOL THANK YOU FOR ANSWERING CAUSE I NEED THESE I HAVE 2 KIDS ITS GETTING HARDER TO SMOKE ;) LOL i switched to oil doing dabs all day now but i was going to put my shatter in a gelcap and eat 1 huh would that even work>? lol

It will work minimally. The THC in shatter is usually mostly THC-A which needs to be decarboxylated before it is orally active.

If you decarboxylate the shatter first, then yes you can put it in a gel.

-GC

It will work minimally. The THC in shatter is usually mostly THC-A which needs to be decarboxylated before it is orally active.

If you decarboxylate the shatter first, then yes you can put it in a gel.

-GC
Well sounds like a bunch of work for maybe no effect ill pass if i can ever get my hands on the gel caps life will be great~! i don`t do edible`s cause i have to eat 100 gummi bears cause 50mg state limit.

Euphoric - if you take some weed (say 1 g) put it in A tin pie plate, then shove it into a 240F preheated oven and cook it for 40-60 minutes you’ll have 1g of decarbed weed. If you assume 15% THC then you’ll have the equivalent of 15x10mg THC doses. Sprinkle a bit of the decarbed weed on peanut butter on top of a ritz cracker. Put another ritz cracker on top and you have what is called a firecracker.

I make 20-30 of these at a time and store them in a ziplock freezer bag. Pull a couple out and chow down

Might sound like work but when you realize 1g of weed = ~15 10 mg gelcaps, well- it works for me.

Tom

Euphoric - if you take some weed (say 1 g) put it in A tin pie plate, then shove it into a 240F preheated oven and cook it for 40-60 minutes you’ll have 1g of decarbed weed. If you assume 15% THC then you’ll have the equivalent of 15x10mg THC doses. Sprinkle a bit of the decarbed weed on peanut butter on top of a ritz cracker. Put another ritz cracker on top and you have what is called a firecracker.

I make 20-30 of these at a time and store them in a ziplock freezer bag. Pull a couple out and chow down

Might sound like work but when you realize 1g of weed = ~15 10 mg gelcaps, well- it works for me.

Tom

ok ok, I hear you, but I think the question everyone's thinking is how many of those firecrackers does it take a person of, say, your tolerance to get decently high?

*oh my bad, I thought you meant you used a single gram to make 20-30 at a time.

Jibult - 4 firecrackers, so ~40 mg THC. If I’ve been on a t break for a week, then 2 does the job. With weed being so strong an 1/8 would get me 30 or so firecrackers. And of course you can make them as strong as wanted 😎 Nutella or some other kind of high fat product (cheese spread, almond butter, etc)

Tom

Tom
hey man thanks for the response that sounds interesting i will try that thank you~! i have put my reclaim in a capsule mmmmmmm imma try it ~! thanks

euphoricc - using reclaim will work but know that these things can get very strong if not measured out/weighed in some way.

I'm interested to know how it turns out. I've used vaped weed (that I saved for a couple months) to make a big batch of cookies or oiled up Arizer stems to make a latte. both times it knocked me flat out. Now I try to keep it to low dose gelcaps. As well as 10 mg caps which I can purchase from a store, I also use 5 mg caps which I get from my medical provider.

Tom

It's not really difficult to make your own capsules.

What I did to get a basic understanding of the potency was to make one batch with a known amount of flower extracted into coconut oil. I took the estimated amount of available THC and divided it by the amount of pills the oil made.

I find that edibles are perfect for a planned tolerance break, so I used them prior to boarding a plane for a known extended holiday.

CHb1wiy.jpg

Cannabutter works sublingually so yeah you can also use them rectally heard it's a very good roa

I just bought some THC oil, mainly to help me sleep/anxiety. first time i took about 3 drops waited 1 hr, felt no change so took 3 more drops. an hour later i had a strong body stone, slept great. after reading some posts i think i will try putting the oil in a gelcap. Last yr i bought a cbd oil & it had no effect on me. Only thing i dont like about thc oil is it takes Forever to kick in....