• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Using recreationaly again after detoxing?

caffeine and alcohol are both diuretics (they make you piss). so you gonna leave the opiates alone for a while?

I know they are diuretics but they affect me more than other people since I pee so much more often than them...

I don't think I will use for quite some time after today, especially because I am trying to find a better job now that I graduated college and I actually have an interview Friday and if I ever fail a drug test and not her hired cause of that I'll fucking kill myself so it's time to get a good job using my degree and be responsible.

I'm in Ripon, California. I will go anywhere, if someone can help me get black...

How you feeling? With its long half life you might still be buzzing. Tomorrow will be a tough day, you'll have insane cravings. Try to start your day doing something different instead of ordinary. Get up and go for a run/do something opposite of what you'd usually do and try to keep your mind off of it. It'll be tough.

If I ever use a couple of days/weeks into sobriety, my resolve dissolves. No matter how bad I want to keep it, it vanishes and I'm on the run again. I hope you're different than me and are able to find strength to maintain a smarter lifestyle than that of constantly buying/ordering seeds and waiting on the mailman to have a good day.

Yeah, I've always try to drink a monster after taking opiates since I feel it makes the high better, maybe it's placebo though... Does it make you pee more than usual or is it just me?.. I think I may have a small bladder or something because with beer it's the same thing, I pee WAY WAY more than almost everyone, same with caffeine, I just don't stop peeing with alcohol and caffeine... After the 3rd beer it's just non-stop.. I'm sure that the fact that I am always fully hydrated since I never stop drinking water throughout the day plays a role

An energy drink? That would totally kill my buzz.

As far as peeing. I will usually take a piss or two an hour or so after drinking the juice, but overall I get urine retention and have a hard time peeing when on opiates. Not that I can't pee like some, but it requires more effort. If I'm drinking though, I urinate way more than any of my friends. I'm constantly running to the restroom.

How you feeling? With its long half life you might still be buzzing. Tomorrow will be a tough day, you'll have insane cravings. Try to start your day doing something different instead of ordinary. Get up and go for a run/do something opposite of what you'd usually do and try to keep your mind off of it. It'll be tough.

If I ever use a couple of days/weeks into sobriety, my resolve dissolves. No matter how bad I want to keep it, it vanishes and I'm on the run again. I hope you're different than me and are able to find strength to maintain a smarter lifestyle than that of constantly buying/ordering seeds and waiting on the mailman to have a good day.

Well it's been 8 hours since I dosed and I still feel it a lot, if I lie down I can barely keep my eyes open, I'm feeling really good.. It's been a really really good day. Well I only bought 1lb and used it all so I don't have any left and my resolve this time is to stay clean so I can find a better job and I have a very important interview Friday so I pretty much don't have a choice... I need to stop using if I want to find a job, not only so I can pass the drug test but also because while on opiate I lose motivation to look for a job, I simply stop caring and keep on going to my retail job which I hate instead of using my degree and getting a good job... I really hope I don't WD again, I just pray I don't

It's funny today how I missed the lil things like waiting for the mail truck to come haha which I actually always hated, and I missed making the tea which had gotten boring before, today it was fun like at the beginning.. I missed the ritual if that makes any sense

As far as peeing. I will usually take a piss or two an hour or so after drinking the juice, but overall I get urine retention and have a hard time peeing when on opiates. Not that I can't pee like some, but it requires more effort. If I'm drinking though, I urinate way more than any of my friends. I'm constantly running to the restroom.

Yeah I have urinary retention too but only if I keep on dosing, if I wait maybe 36 hours or so and I dose again then I start peeing like crazy again... If I dosed right now I would pee once or twice too, but this morning I lost count...

How old are you if you don't mind me asking?

I'm 25, been using opiates since I was 15, and became an addict at 17.

I thought you'd be way older when I read you had so many years of experience... But you're my age, I'm 24... Dude, I know your addiction is obviously way worse but you can totally stop and still have a great life.. Idk if you went to college or what kind of job you have but you can still have a future... You should definitely quit...

i thought this was possible but after ths weekend i do not believe so im feeling kinda sick. i told myself no more than 2 days of use and that back fired. maybe this time tho lets hope

I suppose we all think it's possible and sadly concludes it's not. Not easy to accept you have a "condition" for life.

I thought you'd be way older when I read you had so many years of experience... But you're my age, I'm 24... Dude, I know your addiction is obviously way worse but you can totally stop and still have a great life.. Idk if you went to college or what kind of job you have but you can still have a future... You should definitely quit...

I want to quit and lead a normal life. Being clean for 3 years and then going back to this slavery is depressing. However, I some how acquired anxiety attacks and horrible depression, and then has made recovery way harder. I've made many attempts, and will keep making attempts until I'm victorious over this. I did have an awesome job in my field making very good money, especially considering this economy and my lack of formal education but my health issues have gotten in the way. I actually have an interview coming up, I'm excited. Probably going to get on Suboxone and start tapering as soon as I stabilize.

I want to quit and lead a normal life. Being clean for 3 years and then going back to this slavery is depressing. However, I some how acquired anxiety attacks and horrible depression, and then has made recovery way harder. I've made many attempts, and will keep making attempts until I'm victorious over this. I did have an awesome job in my field making very good money, especially considering this economy and my lack of formal education but my health issues have gotten in the way. I actually have an interview coming up, I'm excited. Probably going to get on Suboxone and start tapering as soon as I stabilize.

Yeah, you definitely should man... if you were to fail the drug test and not get the job cause of that, it'd be the worst.. I got my interview Friday and the thought of that terrifies me... I'm pretty sure that it'd take more than just one interview though so by the time and if they give me a second interview I'll have this shit completely out of my system

You're playing with fire...goddamn, I already don't even take the full dose of suboxone I'm scripted (12mg), I'm tapering myself out, 8-10mg is what I take, tops, everyday.

Wait until you get older than 30 and the physical woes start showing up, you'll get some sort of painkiller and nsaid if you have a GP and one you got a good relationship with, even ask for x-rays of your spinal column and some NSAID, I suggest Mobic (meloxicam), the only NSAID that doesn't make my guts go bad, it has less of the COX-2 thing (yeah, not too precise here), it was came out pretty much at the same time as Celebrex and Vioxx. Celebrex is heart problems for people with no heart issues if taken long term. Generic Mobic (Meloxicam) is dirt cheap. I actually still have a script for the 15mg pills (which are really made for people with crazy rheumathoid arthritis..they're v-shaped so they're easy to split in 2 without applying much force.Then when you go back to look at the x-ray results next time you can visit (this is all assuming that you have actual pain issues, and many in this ever demanding world of extended shifts for both physical and sitting on your ass all day jobs, which are even more rought on the back unless you got a really really good desktop chair.

All I'm saying is, you got out of the nightmare, don't chip again, I have no idea of how old you are or if you have an actual pain issue (which a doctor was treating me with 2x200mg codeine contins every 12 hours and meloxicam every 4 to 6 hours), you'll end up getting opiates everyday, I'm afraid it will be the only moment where you will be back on opiates. Unless you are such in a horrible withdrawal from insane doses (most often of oxycodone...reading people's accounts here of addiction of 300mg+ oxycodone a day (wtf wtf!)) that you are willing to jump out a rolling car to get really hurt and get some opiates. Not kidding, some desperate people have been known to do this. Of course, I do not recommend it...

Well shit, maybe one day I'll try this crazy tea :) I guess I'll just buy my seeds at the co-op. should be easy. Thanks Johnny-Lo

Well shit, maybe one day I'll try this crazy tea :) I guess I'll just buy my seeds at the co-op. should be easy. Thanks Johnny-Lo

Ha, I still recommend you don't since it is legal and that makes it even easier at least for me to become addicted

Nope you cannot do this.

I know people who became addicted to opiates, crack/coke, meth, alcohol, and even cannabis and benzos and they cannot use any drugs recreationally.

One person I know was heavy into opiates and other drugs for a decade, got sober and clean, then started to drink and sometimes smoke herb, then thought they could use opiate based painkillers like hydro in moderation, and became addicted to them and started to use heroin again.

I did not read the entire thread but if you use Kratom be careful as that's addictive too and another friend of mine that got addicted to oxy started to use kratom when they couldn't get oxy or hydro, and became addicted to the kratom.

So John, how far are you feeling as far as your withdrawal symptoms(if any) and resolve to stay sober? Have you made any discoveries about using after 10 days of abstinence?

So John, how far are you feeling as far as your withdrawal symptoms(if any) and resolve to stay sober? Have you made any discoveries about using after 10 days of abstinence?

Well so far it's been like 30 hours as zero WD's.. Maybe I'll feel some discomfort tomorrow or so but can't be too bad... My resolve is still there and it hasn't even cross my mind to buy again... I am 100% set in getting a better job and for that I need my mind clear... I think I will use in a few weeks one time, just like I did yesterday but I will never binge on it again... The only reason I became physically dependent last time is cause I didn't realize it was so dangerous, and I just fucked up... got clean and never going back to that

I did not read the entire thread but if you use Kratom be careful as that's addictive too and another friend of mine that got addicted to oxy started to use kratom when they couldn't get oxy or hydro, and became addicted to the kratom.

Kratom is shit IMO... I feel nothing on that, and I absolutely hate taking it, it is very disgusting... I only bought some to try to stop myself from buying seeds but ended up buying them anyway... If I feel any WD's tomorrow or tonight I will take the kratom and see if it helps but my chances to become addicted to Kratom as zero

Well so far it's been like 30 hours as zero WD's.. Maybe I'll feel some discomfort tomorrow or so but can't be too bad... My resolve is still there and it hasn't even cross my mind to buy again... I am 100% set in getting a better job and for that I need my mind clear... I think I will use in a few weeks one time, just like I did yesterday but I will never binge on it again... The only reason I became physically dependent last time is cause I didn't realize it was so dangerous, and I just fucked up... got clean and never going back to that

It's hard to keep to using every once in a while only, but I hope that your plans go exactly as you intend them to. Though, past personal experiences of myself and others speak otherwise when it comes to occasional use, I think it's just silly to condemn someone and sentence them to addiction right away.

I made it 4 days before using. Used a couple times. Made it another 4 days or so. Used for a few days. Now I haven't stopped in a week. Haven't even given myself a chance to see if I will go into wothdrawals. It's truly amazing how we will justify anything to get high. I wouldn't recommend it. Pretty sure I'm refucked. Going to make it through work on friday and use the weekend to detox the worst of it while I don't have to work. Hopefully the worst of it will be over by Monday. I can't believe I did this to myself again.

Please don't do it. You will regret it