• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Using opiate for kratom withdrawel?

5starpacheco

Greenlighter
Hey guys,
I tried looking up info on this but couldn't find anything. I have been using kratom for 5 months and decided to stop. The withdrawals are pretty harsh for me. I have access to opiates can they be used for 2 days to subside the kratom withdrawal or will it only prolong it?

Kratom is an opioid too, so you will just prolong your withdrawals. Have you tried tapering? Maybe use some loperamide /benzos the first few days of withdrawal.

I see. The reason I ask is because I used the kratom to get off opiates and I just need to stop this all together but I am not feeling so well and tempted to take the kratom I have here. I did taper down to 6g twice a day I was taking 25g a day. I figured stopping at 12g a day would be ok. These RLS symptoms are killing me

You could taper down to 1 gram a day or maybe try something like Lyrica for your RLS

I see. The reason I ask is because I used the kratom to get off opiates and I just need to stop this all together but I am not feeling so well and tempted to take the kratom I have here. I did taper down to 6g twice a day I was taking 25g a day. I figured stopping at 12g a day would be ok. These RLS symptoms are killing me

You used the kratom to get off opiates and now want to use opiates to get off Kratom? Do you not see a pattern here? Comfort meds should be from a different class altogether - I highly recommend plenty of gabapentin and some benzos, which is what I used to kick heroin. Suffer through it and become free from all addiction, don't just replace your opioid addiction with another opioid. That's not quitting, it's just replacing.

Kratom is an opioid too, so you will just prolong your withdrawals. Have you tried tapering? Maybe use some loperamide /benzos the first few days of withdrawal.
Lope is just another opiate and a dangerous one at that. It should not be recommended except in case of diarrhea

Lope is just another opiate and a dangerous one at that. It should not be recommended except in case of diarrhea
I didn't mean to tell him to abuse lope, just use it as prescribed for the diarrhea he will most likely get, when withdrawing. I'm well aware of the dangers of high dose lope and I would never encourage someone to use it that way, sorry if my post was misleading.

All good kiffer just wanted to make it clear. Assuming English is not your only language or even your first.

^ you do pretty well man :)
Better than lots of people that only speak english!

^ In saying that, i don't think the second line i wrote is grammatically correct...

It should probably say "better than lots of people who only speak english", I think.

(Is that right, or am i just crazy?)

^ In saying that, i don't think the second line i wrote is grammatically correct...

It should probably say "better than lots of people who only speak english", I think.

(Is that right, or am i just crazy?)

Lol, sounds right to me, but what do I know :D
Maybe we should get back to the topic ;)

Very true.
I tend to agree with this:
You used the kratom to get off opiates and now want to use opiates to get off Kratom? Do you not see a pattern here? Comfort meds should be from a different class altogether
But i wouldn't recommend benzos, i'd recommend clonidine.

I have had great success with avoiding withdrawals by switching from one opiate to another. Try it out. You might be surprised how well it works. If you have only been using Kratom for months try using something long acting for only a few days and you may be able to jump off the new drug without any pain at all. I def have done it successfully. No bullshit

Large doses of Poppy seed tea are super long acting and can bring you down nice and smooth.

So you're not looking to use opiates to detox from kratom - but to 'avoid withdrawals' whilst staying addicted?
Yep, i shoiuld certainly think so!
If that is the case, take small dose and slowly increase your dose until you feel it, and work your way up only if you need to.

Don't overestimate your tolerance - it might be a lot lower than you expect, you just can't know - so be careful.

I have had great success with avoiding withdrawals by switching from one opiate to another. Try it out. You might be surprised how well it works. If you have only been using Kratom for months try using something long acting for only a few days and you may be able to jump off the new drug without any pain at all. I def have done it successfully. No bullshit

Large doses of Poppy seed tea are super long acting and can bring you down nice and smooth.

Well see that's what I was thinking because if people use kratom for opiate withdrawal. Would it work the other way around? I took roxicet 30 mg I feel better obviously , but tommoroe I will wake up and see if it really worked. Poppy seed tea I'll have to try that out.

So you're not looking to use opiates to detox from kratom - but to 'avoid withdrawals' whilst staying addicted?
Yep, i shoiuld certainly think so!
If that is the case, take small dose and slowly increase your dose until you feel it, and work your way up only if you need to.

Don't overestimate your tolerance - it might be a lot lower than you expect, you just can't know - so be careful.
i knew I would get shit for this, but that's ok I respect that lol. It does sound like I'm replacing one addiction for another. I won't sit here and try to convince you guys I won't do an opiate again. The thing is I really stopped them because they were so expensive. I couldn't even afford to use them that's why I went to kratom and no way in hell will I touch H in my area people are dropping like flies. I figured today spend the money on 1 just to fix the withdrawal then wake up tommoroe and hopefully the withdrawals won't be as bad because I tried a diff type of opiate. So I hear physical withdrawals from kratom last 2-5 days. Now that I'm hearing your advice it seems that this might now work. I wish I could get my hands on some benzos

I dunno, i havent had much experience with kratom, to be honest - but i don't think it is generally considered to be very strong compared to most opiates used recreationally and by addicts

Which opiates were you taking before the kratom? And in what sort of doses?

I wasn't giving you shit, by the way - i just wasn't clear about what you were asking :)

You would be replacing one minor addiction for a possible major one. If it's really that bad for you then get more kratom and taper down. I jumped from 30g/day for a year with no comfort meds and couldn't sleep for a solid week. It sucks but it's just a week, I even went to work everyday. At 12g/day you really should just sack up and jump off. The other opiates you mention have longer half-lives and the wd will be worse. Even a single 30mg oxy would be worse than the amount of kratom you consume in a day.