• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Using methadone ONCE for HR WD?

b4rd

Bluelighter
Hi there , so I am a heroin addict , have been shooting upwards to a gram to two grams of BTH for the last almost year straight, so you probably have an idea about how I feel without my "medicine" (poison) .

I'm dedicated to quitting , and I have a question, and yes, I've searched google, and have used the search engine as well. Can't find a thing on this specific info.

I am not experienced with methadone, but been on buprenorphine a lot. But this is my plan: I have 80mg of methadone . My plan is to go for as long as I possibly can without any opiate in my system . THEN, when I ABSOLUTELY CANNOT take it anymore, I'm gonna take that methadone (combined with GFJ)

I just havent seen any info or experiences online with using it as just to help with the immediate withdrawals , maybe the methadone will help while the heroin is getting out of my system? Will 80mg even bring any relief with the habit I have (in mind that I'll take it with GFJ as well?) I am just trying to soften the (crash) landing of this quick taper off the gear.. I've got to get off this shit man, and any Info on this particular matter would be much appreciated .

Does methadone need time to build up in your system in order for it to work? Does usssing it once like I have planned even work since I don't have any built up in my system ? Thanks for any advice . I'm just desperate here.

Methadone is an opioid, a synthetic opiate, so yes it will work immediately though it does work better once the drug has built up in your system. 80mg is a decent dose, some might even say a high dose but you could probably handle it with your habit, I would start with fifty milligrams just because everyone is effected differently by methadone, but IME with BTH (not China)it would take about 80mg to take me out of withdrawal. 40-50mg would hold me just fine even with a large habit on the east coast but for some reason black tar heroin gave me a way harder kick and 40mg would feel like an extended release cotton shot if you know what I mean, I'd be sort of well but feel like I was teetering on the edge of sickness for a long time.

It all really depends too on the quality of the heroin, if you're copping like, $30 grams from the tenderloin in SF 80mg might kill you but if you're getting some quality point dope you might only feel relief from the whole 80mg. Like I said start with fourth or fifty.

With 80 mg you could do the equivalent of what a detox would do.

You could do
Day 1 25 mg
Day 2 20 mg
Day 3 15 mg
Day 4 10 mg
Day 5 5 mg
Day 6 either 5 mg to finish or split in half and take other half for day 7

That is basically what a detox that uses methadone does...decreases over a 5-7 day period. You could adjust dosage if you wanted to do it in 5 days.

This would work much better than a single 80 mg dose. It's not like buprenorphine it doesn't last 3+ days. Bupe works well to take one massive dose then let it ease out of your system. Methadone doesn't do that. In about 24 hours(sometimes less when not taken daily) it's gone. Therefore it's better to use it to taper

About the only thing one dose of 80 is going to do is make you feel great that day. Postpone the inevitable. It's not going to help get off.

But if you taper--you have a great detox tool at your disposal