• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Using MDMA as a sleep aid?

BassOne

Greenlighter
I'm a long time MDMA user, more than 20 years. I barely drink alcohol or use a lot of other drugs. Now I've read that MDMA can cause insomnia. And it probably has for me, but my sleep is always been screwy way before I was doing MDMA.
So of course after so much use it takes more to get me "high", but I take one small gel cap as an experiment to see how I would sleep.
I slept fantastic! 5 solid hours which is good for me, and felt like I could have slept a little more or pop right out of bed.
So I'm wondering what people's insight on this may be?
Has the MDMA cause my insomnia, but is now the cure? I strongly feel that my sleep issues are only a small part of my MDMA use.
And what I've learned, if I take one MDMA gel cap, I sleep great and feel great!

Do you think this is sustainable?
Do you think this is dangerous?
Thanks

Using a toxic substance is full of risk already, at least switch your habit to other non toxic substance. I have heard a horror stories from longterm MDMA use , If you want to sleep better try quetiapine.
Thank you for the reply. I looked up your suggestion and the side effects were exactly what I've experienced with any other sleeping aid. You mentioned toxic right off the bat oh, but I don't think all in dma is created equal

How much mg of MDMA was in this small gel cap?
I wish I knew. It's in the smallest gel cap you can get as far as I know and the cap is about three-quarters full. As mentioned I'm a long-time user so it takes 3 to get "high". But I always find it's different. How long ago I've eaten, have I drink lots of water, time of day.....

To be honest I feel just fine. I feel like what I'm doing can be sustainable. I've been doing this for probably 6 months now. I just thought I should write in here and get people thoughts and insights. Thank you

Are you saying that you have taken MDMA as a sleep aid for six months? And it's worked?

Are you saying that you have taken MDMA as a sleep aid for six months? And it's worked?
Well as with like a lot of people I I've had a really really bad year. Lots of Suicidal Thoughts. Friends abandoning me. The only thing that I had was coming home after work and doing molly. Sometimes the goal was to get "high", sometimes I would just pop one just to feel good but not get really high. But every time that I took it....I sleep great. Well not every time but 90% of the time. What I'm saying is I take mdma like most of society drinks alcohol and I feel fine! And what I've discovered is it helps me sleep wonderfully!

Other amphetamines give paradoxical effects with constant use. Many ADHD sufferers also point to their stims making them tired. Perhaps something like that is going on.

But the evidence is on on the long term damage caused by frequent MDMA use.

No. Frequent mdma use even at low doses is a terrible idea and will fuck your brain up big time
Any worse than taking prescribed sleep aids? That constantly make you feel terrible? I'd like to hear the science behind this "terrible idea". As mentioned I've been taking MDMA for 20 years and close to it every day for the last year. I feel fine it helps me sleep great. Yes if I'm taking it hard for 2 or 3 days there's big time energy loss and then I take a break. I didn't take any last night and I slept like crap.

Other amphetamines give paradoxical effects with constant use. Many ADHD sufferers also point to their stims making them tired. Perhaps something like that is going on.

But the evidence is on on the long term damage caused by frequent MDMA use.
Hi thank you. It's not like it makes me tired. It's just when I'm asleep the sleep is solid and wonderful. Little dreaming and I feel refreshed when I wake. I couldn't quite understand your last sentence could you elaborate please?
I'm assuming what you're saying is that the research that has been done points to what I'm doing isn't a good idea. But how much research really is there? I'm hoping people will have an open mind about this because this seems to be working for me. No I don't want any long time ailments but like I say ....been doing it 20 years and I feel pretty great. Thanks again

PS I'll be interested to see the so-called long term negative effects of using MDMA compared to using alcohol. Cuz that seems to be society's judgment line

Thanks. Sorry, there was a typo in my last sentence. I meant there seems to be a lot of evidence of neurological damage from long term MDMA use.

Of course, not every user suffers such effects and many such effects may be dose dependent and influenced by things like oxidisation, temperature, hydration and so on.

If you are not familiar with the general neurotoxicity of MDMA this article seems to provide a good overview

sorry to replay here atelier can replay if he want
i heard i horror story about productive person took 3grams MDMA/day for 9 months, then when stopped she want on extreme anxiety and depression and he can't even cock to him self, he lost his productive personality went into completely non functional state he can't do goal directed behaviors anymore can't complete a simple task without getting extreme anxiety and feel boring, this last for next 5 years and still like that.

i don't know what happen to him the last 2 years because he is not active in internet because depression, this give idea about the important role of serotonin in motivation.
Thanks for sharing. Yes taking breaks is definitely a wise. Wow 3 grams seems like a lot! I think my gel-caps are about 1/4 of of an ounce. If I want to get "high" I will take 3 or 4 gels equaling about 2 ounces.

Thanks for sharing. Yes taking breaks is definitely a wise. Wow 3 grams seems like a lot! I think my gel-caps are about 1/4 of of an ounce. If I want to get "high" I will take 3 or 4 gels equaling about 2 ounces.
It would be physically impossible to fit 7 grams of MDMA into any size of gel cap.

Last edited:
Thanks. Sorry, there was a typo in my last sentence. I meant there seems to be a lot of evidence of neurological damage from long term MDMA use.

Of course, not every user suffers such effects and many such effects may be dose dependent and influenced by things like oxidisation, temperature, hydration and so on.

If you are not familiar with the general neurotoxicity of MDMA this article seems to provide a good overview

Thank you for that that was very informative. In all honesty I do feel some cognitive issues which I'm hoping to work on. Boy that's quite a bold article a? The year 2000. But I'm sure the information holds true

Oh but I guess I'm getting grams and ounces mixed up. I meant to say grams not ounces
Yeah you had said the caps were 1/4 oz. My math was incorrect too I meant 7 grams.

250mg is still a fat cap tho

Yeah you had said the caps were 1/4 oz. My math was incorrect too I meant 7 grams.
Yeah it's hard to know exactly. It's the smallest gel cap I believe you can get and it's about three-quarters full so there's nothing "fat" about it I find.
But I think a lot of this stuff is relative. One person's fat is another person's skinny LOL