• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Using Kratom to stop opiate use

reggiesac

Greenlighter
Hello.

I’m a story as old as time. Injured my shoulder at work, had massive surgery, became dependent on pills.

Just 3 months ago my coworker who I’ve smoked with and drank with a few times, gave me a perocet 30mg. He warned me that it had a super potent opioid analogue and to only take quarters at a time. At this point I had run out of medication and was taking a strong ibuprofen and smoking marijuana.

So began my journey with these evil things. The person who introduced them to me overdosed this week and luckily survived. I am planning to stop using these and substituting a red strain of Kratom. From that point I would like to taper off completely

Do any fellow blue lighters have any experience in this realm? Does body weight have anything to do with it? I say that because I am 6’6 and 180 lbs. I’m a stick!

Thank you for the read. I have access to many local shops that offer many strains of Kratom. Powder vs capsules vs concentrated shot?

I found that boiling a 1/4 cup of powder for a half hour hits you harder than toss/wash and is a very noticeable euphoria.

I found Red Borneo to be the best in helping with withdrawals. Also, I would suggest you buy from an AKA certified vendor online. That way you know it’s good stuff, and safe.

I used Kratom to get off of 40-60 mg oxy a day. It stopped the withdrawal and gave a little energy and mood lift . Def doesn’t compare to oxy or feel opiate like but it def made it so I could sleep and go to work . . If you take to much Kratom In one sitting you will throw up . I mix green maeng da with sweet tea .
Good luck 👍🏻

Kratom is great and it genuinely has helped many quit who never would have been able to. It's missing the additional layers of euphoria that oxy/heroin has that ruins everyone's lives.. so you'll have to make some sort of parting compromise.

I will give you a warning though. I relapsed after a year on kratom only.. and my tolerance to opioids was insanely high from kratom use alone. If you find yourself returning here and there--that's understandable it's too easy to give in to the temptation. But daily use again will not be feasible or what you remember it being if you go on the kratom route. Also the withdrawal from kratom itself is one of the most unpleasant things. I'd rather cold turkey insane high doses of oxy than to withdraw from kratom. I can't explain it into words.. it's still worth whatever the withdrawal is up to. Honestly opioids/heroin is like chasing the worst lover and nothing is ever enough. Kratom is more of a friendly spirit and I accept the cost. It's a weird withdrawal for the lesser high though. You'd have to taper down because it definitely is a lot to deal with.

Happy hippo slow varieties. All of em are good. The yellow varieties when in stock are not to be overlooked. The color of the vein doesn't mean shit. Reds are often slow, but there are fast reds, and slow whites and greens.

Kratom can help save the day from wd. But then you gotta jump off the kratom. The wd is much more insidious and almost, if I can use the word, subtle. If tapering, take less more times a day, in lieu of lowering a single large daily dose. Morning, breakfast, dinner, and bedtime, chip away at it.