• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Using Hydrocodone to come off Heroin

maniquan

Bluelighter
Ok so I've been a user of opiates for about ten years now. Started shooting heroin when I was about 17 and am now 27. Recently had almost 2 years of complete sobriety from all mood or mind altering drugs but relapsed on dope and for the past few months have been thinking about coming off the scag. In my possession I currently have 90-300mg Gabapentin, 60-5mg Hydrocodone, 26-50mg tramadol, and tomorrow I'll have about 20grams of Maeng Da from a reputable online vendor. I would really love to have a benzo to aid in the withdrawal process but alas....none to be found. I know it seems like I have a "bunch" of help here with all these meds, but my IV habit is fairly large (between .4-1gram of high quality powder H a day) and most of these meds do not really compliment each other.

My question is: has anyone used hydrocodone to come off a moderate IV dope habit? If so, how much did it help? My last shot was about ten hours ago. I've taken 8-5mg hydrocodone and 4-5 300mg neurontin about half an hour ago. So far so good. I am uncomfortable but not in absolute torture. Then again, it usually takes about 48hrs for the full effects of withdrawal to hit, so the worst has yet to come. I'm really hoping the kratom helps more than I think it will. Any advice is welcome. Sick of this cycle of slavery. I've beaten this demon once, I can do it again.

I have used it to GREAT effect coming off of a low dose smoking habit, but it was so low that 10mg prevented sickness. It got me through the worst part of the h withdrawals (about 72 hours), and when I stopped the hydrocodone I was expecting to feel w/d kick in for real, instead saw progress each day.

Thanks a lot for the reply sasin! Unfortunately I was IV'ing very good quality #4 and my habit was at an average of .5 grams a day, many times more than that, some times less. The only good news is that my relapse has only lasted about 3 months but at this point in my life, that is PLENTY long enough to catch a habit!! haha. Ten mg of hydro will certainly not help my withdrawal, but it is good to know that it does do SOMETHING. Kratom came today. Unfortunately most of the meds I have are either opiates or pseudo-opiates, so each day I kinda have to choose which one Id like to use...