• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Using heroin, need help quitting

ash_r1982

Greenlighter
I relapsed and have been using heroin for 3 months only one or two bags a day. I've been trying to quit by taking imodium and vitamins and they do help but I only make it a day or two and I end up getting a bag If I continue this will the stuff I'm taking to get off become less effective? I'm not super dope sick it's just the lack of wanting to move my leg muscles feel like jello and are really weak. I have a young child and a lot of house work so I can't just lay around. I need some encouragement how can I get off this shit??? Before it gets out of control?

How much loperamide (Immodium) are you using? What other meds do you have for withdrawal? Vitamins are bullshit - Except for B complex vitamins for energy. Being in withdrawals does not mean your body is suddenly lacking nutrients; its lacking heroin, and vitamins won't fix that. Smallish doses of caffeine to help get out of bed helped me along with gabapentin at 600 mg x 3 daily and loperamide at 48 mg x 1 daily, but be warned, loperamide is cardiotoxic at continued megadoses (200 mg+/day), as well as being notoriously constipating. Keep it as low as you find relief.

As far as your question, everything loses effectiveness with time, but loperamide seems to remain helpful for a long, long time, just don't abuse it.

I'm here if you need to talk, friend. Don't give in to dope, all it does is slowly kill people, but you already know that. Feel proud of yourself for taking responsibility for your kid. You should take pride in dropping the dope.

Have you thought about maybe a 7 day suboxone taper? 2mg every 8 hours day 1, every 12 hours day 2, every 12 hours day 3, 24 hours day 4 and 5 then, 2mg day 7? Perhaps 1mg day 9, .5 day 11 if you really wanna

It depends on what kind of resources you have access to, how strong your willpower and motivators are, and various other factors. Mostly it's going to boil down to YOU WANTING to quit enough to make it stick. Delete numbers from your phone if you have to, cut ties, etc. And in my opinion if your w/d isn't absolutely devastating, being up and around and active actually helps a lot more than lying around anyway.

I only take 5 or 6 2mg lopes at a time and in a few hours if I still feel bad I take 4 more I try not to take a whole bunch of them I can still use the bathroom almost everyday even if it's just a little bit and it actually makes me really hungry ( that could be the weed ) which helps a lot but it's gotta be constant smoking it seems like. It does seem to make me cough though the lope. Also makes me very thirsty. I just wanna stop so bad but then I get two days into it and my brain starts taking me into why we r gonna do it one more time. So I can have energy to cook dinner and clean the house. That's the worst part of being sick I feel like I'm gonna pass out when I stand up and my legs just feel so fatigued I can barely move. I need to get my shit together and stop this shit before anyone finds out I slipped. AGAIN!

Also I just need to say that I've been reading stuff on bluelight for a while but I'm so glad I decided to join in on the convos I really needed back up! I really appreciate the responses and the encouragement it's just what u need right now. I gotta start all over on day one again tomorrow but I'm determined to make it this time. Lord help me.

Have you thought about maybe a 7 day suboxone taper? 2mg every 8 hours day 1, every 12 hours day 2, every 12 hours day 3, 24 hours day 4 and 5 then, 2mg day 7? Perhaps 1mg day 9, .5 day 11 if you really wanna
I can't get any where I'm from. I've been on a waiting list for 2 months and no word. So I can't do that or I would have. :(

Yeah, loperamide will dry you out and make you thirsty. It can produce a dry "hacking" cough, as well. Suboxone is notoriously hard to get started on around here - It's not like most people call up and make an appointment when they think they can just run out and buy a bag of dope whenever they want. Its when they run out or have to face responsibility that suboxone is useful, and by then, you'll have to begin the process of waiting for an appointment. It's a shitty system.

I can't get any where I'm from. I've been on a waiting list for 2 months and no word. So I can't do that or I would have. :(

Consider driving farther for a sub doc. People drive several hundred miles to see my sub doc.

Which is worth, death/addiction or taking a day trip?

I feel like after three months after relapsing is a perfect time to fight through it. You did it once and you can do it again. Maybe next time you think about relapsing you will remember how sick you got and how difficult it is to stop.