• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin using H after taking bupe

Mishmashed

Bluelighter
Hey I've got a H addiction I'm in my 3rd day of using bupe and it's really hard to switch over, I blew my habit money to force my hand into taking my script which is meant to be 10mg of espranor. I've held it down for 2.5 days now but can't handle the transition, I took 6mg 6hours ago then out of the blue I get a tester dropped off. my angels saying don't take it but the devil's saying just do it it's only 1 bag right, jeez I just wanna feel a little better than I do so I'm guessing the devil's gonna win 😳
So my question is will it just block the H or will it put me into withdrawal when I use the H? 🙏

Hey I've got a H addiction I'm in my 3rd day of using bupe and it's really hard to switch over, I blew my habit money to force my hand into taking my script which is meant to be 10mg of espranor. I've held it down for 2.5 days now but can't handle the transition, I took 6mg 6hours ago then out of the blue I get a tester dropped off. my angels saying don't take it but the devil's saying just do it it's only 1 bag right, jeez I just wanna feel a little better than I do so I'm guessing the devil's gonna win 😳
So my question is will it just block the H or will it put me into withdrawal when I use the H? 🙏
I'm going to answer my own question ;)
Let's just say it was a really really bad idea, after using I burnt up, my throat swelled and as I smoked it I got bad chest burn. The only + I can take from it is I slept well. So I'm now pissed off at myself and decided to resume my meds after 12h-16h of use and pray it won't be like day 1 of induction.
Last night proved I'm not ready Ive now realised that, so I'm just gonna have to keep trying and rebite the proverbial bullet.✌

You answered your own question, however, I will answer for other readers that may have the same question. Yes the H will be blocked for the most part ( >90% ), especially on 10mg bupe. Fentanyl and it's analogues generally aren't, and most H nowadays contains some fent. What you're going thru is a psychological game of cat and mouse. I've been thru it countless times. Just going thru the motion of picking up and smoking can be enough to relieve restlessness and get one started to get ready for bed, even if the drug itself isn't doing all that much at the time due to the bupe. You did good spending that money on something else other than dope except for the 1 bag but think of it this way. This cycle will continue. I used H a bunch and then CT'd and eventually started dosing 0.5-2mg bupe in the mornings for about a year before CTing off that so my situation is different but not entirely. I mostly abused the bupe due to preferring its long lasting and subtle effects over H. But there was a period of time where I was going back and forth about 30-40 a day of H and a half sub on off days, all IV. I guess one could say that I fucked myself over because each time you go back and forth between the sub and the H, the sub eventually becomes less effective. It sounds like its your first time using bupe? You need to either switch over for good (with a taper planned in a couple months) or just remain in this limbo zone, or cold turkey. There is not many other paths for you to take that won't result in a prolonged and seemingly endless misery.
Thanks for the reply, an you've just about hit the nail on the head apart from the new user part as I was on subutex back in 2001 when they were new to the market, I dabbled with H during this time and had it down to a fine art of dropping my dose for a few days and then using. That was nearly 20years since and the only way I broke this cycle was by getting a job at butlins holiday camp which was 350miles from my home town, I reduced my dose down while down there and within 6-7weeks I was down to my last 0.4mg tab. with this I used to just rub it under my tongue initially for a few seconds and reduced that down to just dabbing the stub of the pill until it was no more. This worked for me but this was a different scenario to now as I was working & living on site so nobody could know of my skeletons,with all the hen nights and parties that went off I hit the booze an became very anti opiate/opioid unfortunately this was seasonal work so after 9months they kicked staff and I went back to my home town, and well peer pressure got the better of me within a few days of returning.i then went to methdose which is basically concentrate methadone @ 10mg/1ml and is also available in 20 & 30/1 but with a slight mistake on dosage this could be lethal. If I recall correctly I went on high dose maintenance at 16ml which is basically 160ml of the standard stuff, this worked as using on top was pretty futile and I liked that bubble I was in, then changes happened and new prescribers were brought in who wanted me to change to a better pain killer that been MXL(morph sulphate) I objected to a straight switch and went with taper down meth, taper up morphine this lasted till I got down down to 1ml of methadose and 600mg of mxl. I was ready to just go with the mxl until a different Dr stepped in cut my mxl and put me on regular meth of which I couldn't tolerate(something to do with the dyes in it "apparently") this led to me been unstabley dosed as some days I'd lose my dose due to been sick and needing to use just to function on a daily basis. I complained multiple times for my concentrate to be reinstated but the prescriber was a prick to put it politely and continued to make my life hell claiming it was too dangerous to prescribe. I can see his point of view but I'd had no issues with it previously over ~14years so this guy just rocked my boat.
Last October I decided enough was enough as I have bad copd and had dropped to 20ml of regular meth, I can't give a figure on how much I was actually on as some got absorbed but most came back up, this is when my use was insanely high so I thought subutex maybe the answer due to its blocking and pain relieving properties. Espranor(apparently just bupe) was prescribed, this sent me to hell & back but I held on for 4months without using but got some bad side effects from this medication also I went veggie and as these contained gelatin i have moral issues with taking them. so I've ended up collecting them but rarely taking them till I posted my above post. These are nothing like subutex but apparently are the same base,just a slightly different roa as these go on the top of the tongue not under it. Anyhow I've gone way off track and am probably ranting.
This is now my 5th day of taking them and have used that once, I wouldnt say I was in WDs but I'm still clammy,goosed up and cold even though it's like 27°c + I just got paid but after the other day using isn't going to help. I'm wondering if simulating having a toot will help without the H 😂
jeez I feel like I've just typed my life story in this reply and missed the important bits you mentioned. ✌MM