• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Using Drugs To Regulate My Sleep Schedule

ImAShark

Greenlighter
Hi, I'm 20 years old and not very familiar with bluelight and wasn't exactly sure where to post this (it involves benzos so I put it under there), but I'm hoping here to get some help on a topic with involves a mix of drugs. I like to (a.k.a. always do) have a supply for an eighth of marijuna, (decreasing as I smoke it before I re-fill, obviously), a decent amount of benzos (2mg Xanax of which i usually use 1mg per night and 2mg Klonopin), and 3-4 bags of heroin available to me daily. I like smoking with my friends (they smoke a lot), about 4-5 times a week by myself, plus I take one one 2mg Klonopinc before bed at night, and also snort about 2 bags of heroin. I have work at 1:00pm on week days, but other than that I usually sleep to, literally, 5:00pm on weekends. No matter how much/how little sleep I get during the week). I really, really want to fix my sleep schedule (way more than I want to fix my drug addiction, which I know is bad, but that is a story for another thread. I would like to get this in order first, and think it would help fix my drug problem).

I generally fall asleep around 5:00am on week nights, and 6:0apm-7:00pm on weekends. I would really like to change to this 3:00am-11:00am, but I've tried so hard, for so long, and so many things (I took ZZZQuil also, along with the illegal drugs). I was hoping that anyone who was once in a similar position to me sleep-wise that managed to change it could help me here, and I would prefer advice from here rather than a sleep forum where "street drugs and illegal use of prescription drugs is never good". Before I used illegal drugs to sleep (a.k.a. mainly 2014), I would fall asleep even later at night. So I was just hoping someone could give me advice on the best time to take certain drugs if I ever wanted to get my schedule straightened out. Like I noticed when I smoke weed I always wake up really tired the next morning, and on higher doses of benxos (which is rare for me, although I am pretty skinny for a male), I black out until late the next morning. On heroin I can only get into very sleep sleep for hours on end. So any help would be appreciated, and please don't tell me that "drugs aren't solving my problem", unless you can actually prove how sedatives are actually making me unable to sleep, your comment is invalid. I know drugs aren't good for your health (street drugs) and finances, but don't pretend they make sleeping worse. In case you can't tell, I'm currently on 3mg of Klonopin, a bag and a half of heroin, and marijuana. So I hope everyone who reads this can understand. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
I understand.. My sleep schedule is fucked also.

Have you given melatonin a chance? It helps regulate your circadian (sp?) clock (your bodies clock/time regulator).
Take it when you would like to go to sleep along with whatever your normal nightly fix is. Might not work immediately but try doing it for a week or so and see if it makes any difference.
Dose it anywhere between 1-10mg. When I used it years ago I only needed 3mg/night. YMMV. More isn't necessarily "stronger". It's more like finding your bodies needed sweet spot of the melatonin.

Good luck.
A good nights sleep in the time frame wanted is so refreshing and restful. I miss the feeling.

-HOOD

I understand your problem as I've had a lot of trouble regulating my sleep schedule for YEARS though I am not currently as off sleep-wise as you currently are, and I also have experience with how two of the drugs you mentioned, Klonopin and Weed, effect my sleep (never done Heroin though) and my advice here is that your probably COMES from "using drugs to regulate" your sleep schedule and NOT that you SHOULD try to do that.

The BIG one I can tell you about is Klonopin.

I used to take 1.5 mgs EVERY DAY for 11 years, then stopped for 9 months and now I take 1.0--1.5mgs about 4 days a week and usually abstain the other 3 so I'm not entirely physically dependent.

Let me tell you Klonopin can SERIOUSLY mess up your sleep and reduce your REM.

I've found that if I take Klonopin too close to bed time or too much I can sleep for 12 hours and STILL not feel refreshed.

Does that sound familiar??

STOP taking it at BEDTIME!!!!

Take your Klonopin FIRST THING when you wake up (I'm not going to say the "morning" cause you get up in the afternoon...something I have plenty of experience with as well haha) but whatever YOUR morning is, the first hour you are awake, THAT should be when you take your Klonopin.

That way, about 12 hours later it reaches it's half life and your sleep will not be so effected by it.

When I started doing that I noticed a DRAMATIC improvement in my sleep and I switched to about 3 millilteters of liquid melatonin to get me to sleep at night.

Also DON'T take more than 3 milligrams/millileters melatonin as that messes you up too.

But Klonopin as a sleeping pill isn't good.

It's like alcohol: sure, both will put you to sleep but you will wake up feeling like shit.

Switch your klonopin to the morning and use no more than 3 mgs/millileters of Melatonin at night and I bet you'll feel MUCH better.

And I don't know much about heroin but I'd STRONGLY assume it also messes with your REM sleep as well so I'd suggest that however long your H high lasts...lets say 2 hours (I don't know how long it lasts though just guessing)....just DON'T actually GO TO SLEEP WHILE HIGH ON H...wait until you've come down off your H, then take your melatonin and NOT the Klonopin which you took in the "morning", and go to sleep.

Maybe take a couple hits of weed IF you feel it helps you sleep better but you said it DOESN'T...and weed is known to reduce REM so you know what...ALSO don't go to sleep high on weed...just don't go to sleep high PERIOD and using NOTHING other than a moderate amount of Melatonin to fall asleep.

Also, try to get in a good hard cardio workout for 20 mins a day and eat a little better.

Do these things and I bet you'll get better sleep and regulating it will be at least SOMEWHAT easier though with drugs like heroin in the mix I'm not even sure how easy it will be seriously, try it out.

Good luck.

Thanks guys, I don't even remember posting this, and four months later I am still in pretty much the same situation, except using Xanax in place of Klonopin. I will check out Melatonin soon. Thanks for the help and for being understanding!

Melatonin is great if you use it to reset your circadian rhythms.
It doesn't help me sleep (like a sedative would) but i successfully adjusted my sleep pattern with it recently - from not being able to sleep until after sunrise (~5am here at the moment) to having a normal bedtime around 11 or 12pm.

Amazing stuff, its really helped me deal with my lifelong sleep problems like nothing else has - and believe me, i've tried everything imaginable.
Worth a try IMO :)