• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Using DMT to come off a 23 year opiode addiction.

Spirit Molecule

Greenlighter
Hi. I've heard some miraculous stories whereby some people have had a DMT experience which has made them not want to take any kind of opiode again. Has anyone on here had a similar experience? I'm really interested in this as I'm finding it very very difficult to taper off my buprenorphine prescription. I'm stable on 2mgs after a failed attempt to come off them about 6 weeks ago. I even got as low as 0.2mgs on alternate days so me and my key worker reckon it was purely down to psychological issues as I was experiencing a lot of negative vibes in my life at the time, including from my GF of 5 years so she's had to go. She didn't have any idea what I was going through. My head was in a good place to finally stop this crutch from my life. I feel like I've had a spiritual awakening but when some people are trying to bring me down they have no place in my life. Luckily I have a very good mate who is on a similar journey as me so we help each other and vape some pot together quite regularly. The pot gives me a solid 6 hours sleep and I think it's a better alternative to using benzos although I am partial to using diazepam now and again if required. The DMT experiences have been beautiful with the geometric shapes and a plethora of spiritual symbols but I've not broken through yet. I'm hoping when I do, it will have a positive profound affect where I won't have any inclination to use opiates on a recreational basis ever again.
Thanks for reading. Peace and infinite, eternal love..

Never heard of DMT being used, but I've read a lot of stories about using Ibogaine to overcome opioid addiction.
Use the search engine and erowid :)

Never heard of DMT being used, but I've read a lot of stories about using Ibogaine to overcome opioid addiction.
Use the search engine and erowid :)

Ya, someone told me about this too, on my travels. I still think psychedelics, especially natural ones like psilocybin truffles or shrooms can help through the psychological PAWS as the last time I tapered down to 0.2 on alternate days was actually a doddle but as I alluded to I was experiencing too many negative vibes so I become so emotionally drained I relented and now I'm back up to 2mgs. At least 'just for today' I have no inkling to score gear. Perhaps next time I should launch my supply of bupe after jumping off my last dose, although they're pretty simple to pick up at least they won't be staring at me, lol. I think my next attempt at detoxing will include a well thought out plan of action which will include plenty of head and body activity like meditation, yoga and plenty of trekking. I'll bump this thread when I decide the time is right to start tapering again. At least it's nearly mushy season and I managed to acquire 25gms of psilocybin truffles to use when the time and a place is upon me. ✌️❤️��

I am very skeptical of the idea to use psychedelics like iBOGAINE, dmg, shrooms w.e. to overcome an opiate addiction. What exactly is it about those drugs will cause someone to forever quit opiates? nothing really... they say its just the trip they have that will "cure" them from addiction.

opiate addictions are too powerful to be simply killed by a psychedelic trip, its impossible. Anyone who has become physically dependent on opiates has had their brain chemistry changed, dopamine is all fucked up. I have been on suboxone maintenance for 4 years now and before that I was an IV heroin addict, so tell me if I tapered down my suboxone to 0mgs and then just took some ibogaine or DMT will I be cured and decide I will NEVER touch an opiate again?

absolutely fucking not no psychedelic drug can cure an opiate addiction.

^ Actually, the major introspection and ego-death that a spiritual psychedelic experience can provide can be life-changing, permanently. That goes for drug-addiction. I've had experiences myself (used to have a huge IV dope habit, 5-6 years) and so have many other opioid addicts I know. Trips can be beneficially humblings and make you see things in a new light.

^ Actually, the major introspection and ego-death that a spiritual psychedelic experience can provide can be life-changing, permanently. That goes for drug-addiction. I've had experiences myself (used to have a huge IV dope habit, 5-6 years) and so have many other opioid addicts I know. Trips can be beneficially humblings and make you see things in a new light.

Couldnt have put it better myself. I'm searching for this total loss of ego with DMT at the moment but I don't possess the correct piece of equipment to take a third toke (as Terrence McKenna would say) so I'm getting astonishing geometrical patterns and tonnes of symbols but after listening to other people's DMT experiences on YouTube I definitely haven't broken through to the other side. I know when I do it'll be the end of opiodes for me. In the meantime, I'll strive to open my pineal & pituitary glands via meditation and yoga practice. I'll beat this 23 year old opiode addiction as long as I'm breathing. Watch this space!
Peace and unconditional, infinite love..✌❤️

Yep, agreed.

DMT has pulled me out of a funk while I was experiencing hardcore PAWS after a 10 yr habit on prescribed pain pills and benzos. After that it was like hippy crack, I loved the trips especially with a little ketamine bump or a hit while on an acid trip.

I am very skeptical of the idea to use psychedelics like iBOGAINE, dmg, shrooms w.e. to overcome an opiate addiction. What exactly is it about those drugs will cause someone to forever quit opiates? nothing really... they say its just the trip they have that will "cure" them from addiction.

opiate addictions are too powerful to be simply killed by a psychedelic trip, its impossible. Anyone who has become physically dependent on opiates has had their brain chemistry changed, dopamine is all fucked up. I have been on suboxone maintenance for 4 years now and before that I was an IV heroin addict, so tell me if I tapered down my suboxone to 0mgs and then just took some ibogaine or DMT will I be cured and decide I will NEVER touch an opiate again?

Actually, many people would disagree.

https://www.newscientist.com/articl...ltering-drug-could-offer-life-free-of-heroin/

I thought this article was pretty interesting. There are also many more like it claiming that ibogaine has essentially cured addiction. It's not just a psychological effect either, some claim it physically resets receptors.

When I first had a problem with opiates it was oxy for a little over two years. When I quit and got on suboxone I still had the urge to get high. So I would take breaks here and there to indulge.

One day I got some DMT from a friend. I smoked it, had an amazing experience. And then a second time maybe a month later.

After having used DMT and mushrooms (not my first time for shrooms) I definitely felt a lot stronger willed toward my addiction.

Mind you, I didn't completely stop. I had stopped going to the Dr for subs, smoked weed everyday, and still got oxy once or twice a month. That's the only thing that ever stops me, losing connects or when my connects don't wanna serve me.

So I'd say give DMT a try. Be mindful of yourself, and don't let that "second" voice, which tells us to use, take control.

psychedelics (though not DMT) have helped reduce my opiate use by showing me more clearly the futility of addiction and the beauty of spiritual life. they were no magical bullet and it took many trips for changes to take place and even then I still relapse occasionally. DMT (smoked) didnt help me because it was over too quick and was just too far out of my normal reality for me to even really have a clear memory of what the hell happened. I find mushrooms, cacti and weed a lot more helpful. A low to moderate dose of cactus can really help you analyze your life and see yourself with clarity and a strong dose of cactus can really humble you.

But i am sure ayahuasca would be good, or ibogaine.

I think whether psychedelics will work for addiction or not largely depends on your environment and circumstances. You have to ask yourself why you use opiates in the first place. If it's because you just like messing around with drugs, then psychedelics (esp DMT) will likely work for you, but if you're using opiates to mask some underlying physical or emotional pain, then it's not going to work. That pain will stay until you fix the underlying problem. Maybe if you're confused what the problem is, the psychedelics could help. But if you already know what it is, you need to just work on fixing yourself and not hiding away with ANY drugs.

I know for me this was true because I'm addicted to GHB/alcohol and I tried using psychedelics to 'fix' my problems or have some type of spiritual revelation, but I realized there wasn't anything they could provide me with; the problem was my toxic environment and the people in my life.

For intense addiction I suggest shrooms then Ibogaine then DMT then LSD. And you will be physically cured and psychologically better. But looking at where you are ATM regarding the dosage, DMT then LSD only can work too. (I mention LSD because its awsome to connect with your body while DMT is more spiritual and mind healing, the order is also important because LSD is mostly useless to cure body problems if your mind isnt in peace)

I went through a period of doing LSD every other day for several months (no other drugs mind, and this was before i'd used opiates) I can't say it caused any long lasting life changing effects on my everyday habits, the only real effect I noticed for a short time was becoming completely disconnected from Humanity, seeing all other people and their actions as pointless, laughable and grotesque. Not a good mindset to be in if you ever want to get anything done. It did make me eat extremely healthy though, I pretty much subsided on fresh olives, a few breadsticks, raw vegetables and the odd pot of hummous for 4 months, and the effect of that was making me look like i'd just been liberated from dachau.

Ibogaine got me off of an enormous 90mg methadone habit.

All I had to do was get BACK on short acting opiates for 11 days, and it does work. But unless you put in hard fucking effort and change your lifestyle you'll go back.

I wasn't ready to quit, but thankfully I think some divine guidance wouldn't let me go back to being an opiate addict for very long. I hate opiates now.

Just came in to say DMT is not going to do anything for your withdrawals if that's what you're wondering.

Ibogaine absolutely fucking does work. NO WITHDRAWALS except some chills and runny nose. Honestly I feel guilty, I never once (while I was addicted to heroin/opiates) went through a cold turkey withdrawal. I did ibogaine. It works. You just have to find an honest, professional, reliable Provider who knows what in the fuck they are doing. Otherwise it's dangerous.You would have to do some simple testing at like an urgent care/doctor with an EKG machine, make sure your liver isn't fucked, etc.

You can't just do it yourself. It has to be with one of the medically supervised ones in Canada/Mexico/Central America/Europe.

And yeah, it won't "cure" your addiction, but it's like an intense mental counseling/ psychoanalysis. It sticks with you, and gives you the opportunity to start your life over. To be reborn.

DMT saved my life - addiction gone...

Below is my story - I also stopped 2mg's of subs for 7 years

My 2 DMT trips have literally saved my body and soul. I was using meth and ghb daily for 4-5 years - blew several million dollars with online gambling and was in the biggest downward spiral that had a grip almost too tight to even imagine breaking free - was punishing myself for many of things - my mom's suicide as a teen, my divorce, making a ton of money and blowing it in the blink of an eye - owing a friend $1.4m - it was every vice on full throttle and I felt deep in my core I had lost the person I have known for 36 years - they were the definition of dark days

I had been researching constantly on how to stop this vicious cycle but it only added to the grip of the spiral as panic set it in and I would turn to what I knew best to try and alleviate my fear - I mean - what in this world can be scarier than not being able to stop such a destructive spiral?

Well, actually I tried DMT 3 times - the first time I didn't really like it - brought on tremendous anxiety but later on I realized I wasn't taking big enough hits or holding them in long enough

The first real trip I had after taking my 3rd took me on a sensational journey - it started off quite euphoric - waves pulsed through my body and then while I closed my eyes neon letters started swirling and what resembled candy lettered words started dancing and flashing neon - it than transferred to an alien like group looking over me but at this time I realized I was in control of the trip - I enjoyed it much more when I just let go and enjoyed the ride - it was a water slide in electric and neon tubes - it was being part of something better - thoughts flooding through my brain -the place was so euphoric I thought I may prefer this world than the other - any anxiety vanished and I was playful with the fact I could go as deep into the trip as I wanted if I just let things be - I truly couldn't wipe the smile off of my face - when the effects wore off I felt the biggest emotional drain of my life - not in a bad way - like the biggest and hardest cry I have ever had and a reflex kept saying thank you out loud - 9-10x's I must have said thank you thank you thank you

If someone told me this story I would not buy it - however since my trips my impulses and spiral have come to a complete halt - I am calm, collective, not anxious in the least, have no desire for any substance and am truly enjoying the act of things just being ok - I used to live in a world of black or white - if something wasn't great it was terrible and that is not sustainable

I sleep every night, I wake up feeling rested, no desire to gamble or use - I tried both just to see if it was a fluke and I would cave but I honestly had zero interest in gambling any more or taking another hit

I emailed my addiction doctor about my experience and asked him to please let it inspire him to research this drug for treatment of addiction, bipolar, etc

I had tried everything - I lost hope and what I thought was myself along the way - DMT truly changed me entire psyche

I have made peace with the painful emotions of the past and stopped punishing myself for things I had no control over - I am now kind to myself and show patience and compassion

The trip was very real, I was in a parallel universe I didn't want to leave at the time - the universe has become a much bigger place for me and I was able to take away one fitting takeaway

Find the beauty in it - whatever it is - it's life and it's minute at the grand scale - we are here for a short period and that short period gets messy and painful - I feel like a new me, I am at peace - every human should have a chance to hit reset

I just hope that the medical community is able to conceive the idea we still have many unknowns about mental health and should consider any form of assistance regardless of the stigma that comes with the due diligence

QUOTE=Spirit Molecule;13738848]Hi. I've heard some miraculous stories whereby some people have had a DMT experience which has made them not want to take any kind of opiode again. Has anyone on here had a similar experience? I'm really interested in this as I'm finding it very very difficult to taper off my buprenorphine prescription. I'm stable on 2mgs after a failed attempt to come off them about 6 weeks ago. I even got as low as 0.2mgs on alternate days so me and my key worker reckon it was purely down to psychological issues as I was experiencing a lot of negative vibes in my life at the time, including from my GF of 5 years so she's had to go. She didn't have any idea what I was going through. My head was in a good place to finally stop this crutch from my life. I feel like I've had a spiritual awakening but when some people are trying to bring me down they have no place in my life. Luckily I have a very good mate who is on a similar journey as me so we help each other and vape some pot together quite regularly. The pot gives me a solid 6 hours sleep and I think it's a better alternative to using benzos although I am partial to using diazepam now and again if required. The DMT experiences have been beautiful with the geometric shapes and a plethora of spiritual symbols but I've not broken through yet. I'm hoping when I do, it will have a positive profound affect where I won't have any inclination to use opiates on a recreational basis ever again.
Thanks for reading. Peace and infinite, eternal love..[/QUOTE]

damn how do you end up owing someone 1.4 mill?! It would be nice to get an update from the OP.

Also to the OP, i believe psychedelics have the introspective quality to cause people to break their addictions and if you truly want to test whether or not it has worked you should just hang on to the subs for 1-2 weeks after the trip. Throw them out after those weeks are up and if you've managed to abstain that would be a huge leap in the right direction.

I can't speak for DMT but I've quit opioids and cigarettes after a couple LSD trips. I ended up using again after a couple days because I stayed in the same environment that lead me to use in the first place but opioids really are more psychologically addicting than people realize. I've had PAWS (post acute withdrawal syndrome) come on after being clean for 18 months while in prison!

Just talking about and planning on getting high was enough to make me sweat profusely and make my back start hurting. I got locked up without any intention of quitting so even though the physical symptoms were gone, the psychological aspect was still going strong.

Most psychedelics won't eliminate the physical symptoms but they can give you the mental fortitude to quit. I think they give you more control over thought patterns that usually are automatic and outside our typical line of thought/perception. Just noticing those patterns allow you to change them if that's what what you really want to do.