• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Using Black Cumin Seed Oil to stave off Kratom Withdrawals

HeadHigh

Bluelighter
So I have an addiction to kratom ranging from 8 to 10 grams of use a day, split up into two doses of 4 to 5 grams each. I've had this addiction for almost a year now, and I'm ready to quit, so i set up a taper for myself and am still currently doing that taper. I'm down to only 2 grams each dose, and plan on dropping again in another two days.

I just recently acquired some black cumin seed oil (BCSO) since I had heard that it can moderately help withdrawals and cravings, and I am very surprised by this stuff. I usually take my kratom dose right as i wake up, and recently ive been using BCSO right as i wake up to hopefully kill the cravings, and it has worked very well. Way better than i thought it would for sure. I usually take my morning dose around 9am, and recently with the help of BCSO, i have been taking my first dose around 1pm. Im not sure how well this would work for an addiction to something much stronger than kratom, like oxy, but for kratom it seems to work very well. I am now taking one tablespoon of BCSO 3 times a day and am feeling great about this taper and have not felt any withdrawals at all. BCSO also seems to potentiate opiates and kratom pretty well, so i get a lot more out of my smaller doses.

I just hope that anyone who is going through the same thing will be able to benefit from something so simple. Black Cumin Seed Oil seemed to work for me and i hope it will help others out as well.

Last edited:
wow, this is very interesting, you really are not feeling any WD symptoms at all? Or are they just muted?

Sorry if this was a bad bump, just wanted to say I judt recently got the actual seeds you have to chew to get the oil out. (its horrible.) i plan on getting the oil soon cause it will help me lower my kratom use.

It is Kalonji seeds from the Nigella Sativa plant...black cumin is not the same.
Ive seen this mix-up quite often

Fire&Water, there are two different seeds that tend to go under the name of black cumin, but the black cumin seed oil that contains Thymoquinone is the one that helps with withdrawals. It is still called Black Cumin Seed Oil, and is also from the Nigella Sativa seed. So yes, you are correct in a sense, because there is a bit of a mix up with this plant, but black cumin is still the correct name as well.

And to answer Mad Dash, my wd's were muted heavily. They were not gone completely, but other than the occasional restless leg syndrome feeling, it handled the other symptoms quite thoroughly

Kalonji and black cumin seeds are not the same, just make sure it contains the active ingredient the
OP lists so you dont get ripped off. Ive seed black cumin seed oil sold that is not Kalonji but boasts the same benefits.

Fire&Water is correct. But definitely check for the thymoquinone content, as some black cumin seed oils will not have it, though most do

Huh, good to know. I've seen this stuff around and wondered what it was, but never had looked into it.
Whenever that dreaded time comes that I need to completely stop with kratom, it may come in handy.