• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Using Adderall While Tapering From Oxy?

That dose is most likely close to your WD threshold. If WD symptoms do occur, the amp will exacerbate the symptoms 2- 3 fold. While in WD, your CNS and PNS, are hyperactive already. The last thing you want to do is add a stimulant to the equation, you'll start flopping around like a fish lol..

Your best bet is a slow taper, reducing your dose 10-20% a week..

- hs
This

I understand what you're saying, I'm talking about complaning about being dope sick. It's more of a look at me I'm sick cry.
I was offerd him & her methadone to help from being so sick. They refused saying it doesn't work and i got frustrated with them. It wasn't like the cry you're talking about. Pretty hard to explain

I agree. I always got mad for instance when people would drink too much alcohol, start vomiting, then start throwing themselves a pity party. If you're going to do the drug accept the consequences.

However, I'm I used opiates first to deal with extreme pain from serious autoimmune disease and recently due to pain from a major surgery that was botched. Therefore, I really didn't have much choice. It was either terrible pain (which I dealt with for months and still suffer mental problems from to this day) or take opiates. It was the lesser of two evils.

That being said I do have sympathy for people going through withdrawal. While I agree that you "shouldn't cry about it" it is a horrible experience, and many people that take drugs get into the scene due to past trauma and various other things that many don't have to do with. So while they made the choice they still deserve sympothy IMO.

As for talking about quitting, I've tapered down to 60mg. However, I had an intestinal blockage that required tons of hydromorphine (IV) around the clock + an additional surgery so now I'm basically back to where I was before.

You're switching one dopaminergic drug with the other. Plenty of opiate addicts (iatrogenic, recreational, etc.) get addicted to amphetamines once they stop using opiates, and sometimes end up in a worse situation than they were in. The benefit of tapering oxy slightly faster is largely outweighed by the addictive potential of amphetamines.

That's a good point. Adding amphetamines into the mix is frightening.

:( Hello tb54...I'm sorry you're suffering. I empathize with the need for sustainable pain relief, whether caused by trauma or disease. I also understand first hand your GI obstruction issues. Is it too personal to ask your diagnosis? I will PM if you prefer.

If you have intestinal problems I'm not sure Adderall would be a good idea, I would check with your doctor but in some instances, I know dopamine blockers are given for intestine disorders, so Adderall could make things worst by increasing dopamine. On the other hand, taking oxy without adderall would give you constipation so then stool softeners would be required. You're kind of in between the hammer and the anvil there.

:( Hello tb54...I'm sorry you're suffering. I empathize with the need for sustainable pain relief, whether caused by trauma or disease. I also understand first hand your GI obstruction issues. Is it too personal to ask your diagnosis? I will PM if you prefer.

Thank you. I had very severe ulcerative colitis. I say "very severe" because multiple GI doctors have told me it's the worse case they've ever seen. Basically my immune system was attacking my colon causing intense pain and numerous other problems (I was often too weak to stand for instance). I tried every treatment possible but nothing worked. It was either remove my colon or wait for it to rupture. So I had surgery to remove it and other surguries to restructure my plumbing.

I have been through hell these past few years and had to drop out of school (diagnosed at 19) but I am lucky enough that I am basically cured and can leave this behind me aside from lifestyle changes I must deal with since my colon removal (assuming no complications). As a result, this could be the last time I have to withdraw from opiates.

If you want more info, feel free to PM me. I'll be happy to answer any questions.

If you have intestinal problems I'm not sure Adderall would be a good idea, I would check with your doctor but in some instances, I know dopamine blockers are given for intestine disorders, so Adderall could make things worst by increasing dopamine. On the other hand, taking oxy without adderall would give you constipation so then stool softeners would be required. You're kind of in between the hammer and the anvil there.

I'm definitely not doing it for withdrawal now, but thanks for pointing that out. I especially want to try MDMA at some point so I'll ask my doctor about it and do some research.

:) tb54...Thank you for sharing your experience with me. You've been through so much. I applaud your strength.

Must be different from person to person. While in opiate wd i get super tired and tend to blackout, no energy at all, sweats and colds, yawn, watery eyes, sniffles, shits, and occasionaly puke. However if i do a good blast of ice it keeps me awake and alert and even though i still have wd symtpoms, they are not as bad it seems and i just dont even care abojt them and can go about my day without suffering through it. Granted one thing i notice is the ice and wd makes me very cold. Would rather have some ice during WD rather than doing it with nothing every time!

If i had a huge supply of ice i could go throhgh physical wd from opiates without using and without caring. On day 3 awake i would eat some seroquel to get some sleep and after a good 12+ hour sleep i would do it once more and be done. I just love opiates too much though haha.

Must be different from person to person. While in opiate wd i get super tired and tend to blackout, no energy at all, sweats and colds, yawn, watery eyes, sniffles, shits, and occasionaly puke. However if i do a good blast of ice it keeps me awake and alert and even though i still have wd symtpoms, they are not as bad it seems and i just dont even care abojt them and can go about my day without suffering through it. Granted one thing i notice is the ice and wd makes me very cold. Would rather have some ice during WD rather than doing it with nothing every time!

If i had a huge supply of ice i could go throhgh physical wd from opiates without using and without caring. On day 3 awake i would eat some seroquel to get some sleep and after a good 12+ hour sleep i would do it once more and be done. I just love opiates too much though haha.
Same here I have used amphetamine while withdrawing from downers and what it did was distract me with stimulation, made time go by faster and the process a lot less painful. I wouldn't advise this because there are better methods though, I only did that cause I didn't have any other meds.

:) tb54...Thank you for sharing your experience with me. You've been through so much. I applaud your strength.

No problem. In my experience people with autoimmune disease love sharing their stories since most people, even people close to them, don't really listen. Thank you!

I haven't checked BL because I actually had emergency surgery 2 weeks ago due to a freak accident. Just gotta keep moving forward.

Adderall while tapering from Oxy, will only give you energy boost to fight through physical pain and function. I have used both opiods and amphetamines for ADD as they both hit dopamine receptors.

But if you dislike sweating and insomnia, steer clear of it.(norepinephrine/noradrenaline effects of adderall)

Last edited:
Although my oxycodone intake was roughly 60ng/day when I used my Adderalll script to combat withdrawal during my shift working at a hospital coffee shop, I found that keeping the amphetamine dose within my prescribed therapeutic range of 20-30mg helped to keep the main symptoms that make being at work during withdrawal, the physical/mental lethargy and general lack of motivation to do anything at all, let alone have to be at a customer service job, at bay. This benefit alone made dosing the amphetamine in my particular situation worth it.

The obvious factor that one needs to keep in mind while attempting this technique is the notoriously shitty Adderall comedown (due to the excessive peripheral stimulation that the levo-amphetamine in the Adderall amphetamine salt mix) that is to be expected, especially if the dose is not kept within reason. The negative effects of the comedown have a high potential to be exacerbated by the opiate withdrawal symptoms your experiencing.

My method to minimize the comedown to what a non opiate dependant individual would experience was an obvious one that, given the details of your original post, will more than likely not be an option for you. I ended up using roughly 1mg of buprenorphine intranasaly that I had saved for an emergency situation. In your case, I would dose the Adderall early in the day and save your 40mg taper dose for when you start to feel the positive effects of the amphetamine begin to change into negative in addition to dosing your standard OTC meds (maybe even a modest dose of lopermide) and any non OTC meds you may have or can get your hands on.

Not having taken Adderall before and not knowing what to expect on the comedown might actually make it a little easier for you in a sort of "mind over matter type of way.

Last edited:
Amp helped me feel more normal and less anxiety while tapering off fent....the comediwn sucks of course but lyrica helped offset it

in my experience, when I am withdrawling or tapering from opiates in any way, taking Adderall just increased my anxiety, irritability, and I couldn't enjoy any euphoria because the Adderall heightened the uncomfortable symptoms of withdrawl I was experiencing from opiates

I'd be careful using amphetamines after surgery. Because of high blood pressure. If you're slowly working your way off the oxy, you shouldn't need to take the adderall.

To help with withdrawal from the oxy. You should look at natural ways of easing the symptoms. Eating bandanas, drinking milk and keeping your mind steady by reading or something.

What do you recommend ? A Blood or Crip one ?