• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Using a trip to reset all trauma and drug abuses?

If this is typical but essentially any but my first mushroom, on inlandish picked ones, trip were 'bad' trips. In general the mushroom trip is uncomfertable for me, and devoid of insight's. The relieve when they stop working is very pleasant though. Like an anti-depressant.

LSD analogues I can tolerate fine. They relax me, give some euphoria.

But they never resolved any trauma or caused lasting changes I was hoping for.

For me psilocybin mushrooms helped with stopping smoking literally overnight. They helped me with other issues but not so much that I resolved all of my traumas. That would be most certainly too easy... In last few months I am craving stimulants again (been clean from opioids and stimulants for a year now...infact, I am clean from everything other than diazepam for almost a year now), so I decided to take mashrooms in hope I will have some insight and relieve the cravings. I did my usual 5g+ dose (6g this time to be precise) and did have lots of insight into my behevioral issues and past traumas. But cravings are still here with same intensity. LSD, smoked DMT or some other psychedelics have no value for me in this regard as they are not so personal. Never tried long acting DMT (Aya) or ibogaine though.

When I met her she seemed normal enough (although anyone I introduced her too told me she's bad news, no one liked her, warned me about her, I didn't listen because she was my first real friend since school, and since I gave up heroin and it was nice to have a friend) but then she'd start mention another side of her that talked to her, she'd mention ghost children and things that visited her, fast forward a few years and she met a bloke who was into acid and things, me and her used to just do pills at raves, a bit of GBL that's it, oh and a little K sometimes too

Anyway her and this bloke took acid and K alot then she tried DMT, she liked it at first told me about entities and things, but after a few visits to where ever she went on DMT the entities asked why she returned and not to come back again, she didn't listen and went back and they was angry, said horrible things like she'd die alone

She wasn't the same after that, packed all her stuff and moved away not wanting to do drugs, or not do them so much, she then got diagnosed with BPD and bipolar BUT she had this before the drugs but she didn't know it, and the psycadelics made it much much worse, I no longer speak to her but she's moved back here now and has been seen acting strange, my son saw her hugging a tree, she walks along dancing, my friend seen her and said she's away with the fairy's (not me lol its a saying, meaning she's lost the plot lol)

There was always something not right, she had a very nasty streak, she'd belittle me in front of people, but if it was just me and her she'd be nice, the odd dig here and there but I really did think she was my friend, till I heard from others she talked shit about me behind my back, she was evil to her daughter, like nasty and cruel even before the drugs, and her daughter went to live with her dad in the end, and now she's been denied any sort of access

So moral of the story, she was mentally ill and psycadelics tipped her over the edge!

Thank you for sharing :)

Yea it definitely sounds as though she was predisposed for something like that to happen..

I should also mention she encountered a phenomenon some call a “hyperslap.” It’s more or less when DMT scolds you for coming around too much, often using it in an abusive manner.

Almost always this is marked with the user being told by the entities “not to come back around for awhile” or often they seem upset in some way. This is the drugs way of trying to stop the individual from pushing it too far. If said individual keeps pushing it, then a hyperslap will occur.

My friend had a pretty much identical experience, I myself have gotten to the warning stage but was wise enough to back off. The internet is littered with many similar reports. It’s not that the DMT never wants you back, just not so soon...

I could also see how someone who is predisposed for potential psychiatric issues could easily “lose the plot” in such circumstances.

-GC

This is worth quoting again. Let's face it, Ayahuasca came to the general public by Mother Nature when some crafty chemist discovered a psychedelic that works in microgram levels. (LSD) How easy is that? I worked with a guy that kept saying that going to South America and drinking Ayahuasca with a shaman is the only way even though HE never did. But this guy also says he tripped in the 60's on Peyote but you can tell he got his facts wrong so he was BS'ing. You can trip in your own home on 4-ACO-DMT and have an Ayahuasca experience just the same. I have done both. But wow the stories that have surfaced with the whole Shaman thing. It is amazing how folklore gets started. I firmly believe you are your own Shaman and Guru. Nothing external is needed.

To the OP. One bad trip is not a good track record of using this as a tool. But if you had good ones too then push forward. But I would listen to some of the advice. Try a lower dose and don't worry. :) It is the proverbial double edge sword. It may work and heal you or you could make yourself panic and have a bad trip. But if you ease in with smaller doses you can get aquainted. Take the small waves first and then increase. I wish I could take the anxiety away from you for a night while you trip. But you will have to be the captain of your own ship and be confident if you do this. If you relax and ease into it the experience can be very healing. Set and Setting are key. Most importantly Let Go and Trust. Keep the Faith.

I couldn't agree more. I find 4 AcO DMT will give you the same experience, for 1% of the price of flying to a retreat and paying for the ceremony. Plus you can by pass the nausea thats inherent to the typical aya experience.....and if one is still set on an ayahuasca experience, just eat some syrian rue seeds or make a Capi vine tea and then drink a mimosa hostilis root bark tea. you could also do psilohuasca by eating syrian rue or the vine and taking mushrooms or 4 PrO DMT or AcO DMT. which are both way cheaper then shrooms. I could get a gram of 4 PrO DMT and find that equal to like 5 ounces or so of average mushrooms at under 1/4th of the price

I just was talking to my brother and he was suggesting I should go on a trip.

I haven’t tripped in maybe 7 years because everyone my last mushroom trip ended up a terrible experience. I had a bad trip and was very overwhelmed. It was awful.

Which is why I’m kind of nervous to go ahead and trip.. I’m just worried the bad trip could have some negative lasting long term effects

However my brother thinks it would be a good way to deal with my traumas and drug addictions. I’m not entirely opposed to this idea I’m just pretty terrified of a trip bad enough it could land me in a psych ward, my mental health is no where near as stable as it used to be.

Thoughts?
If you have bad trips, and mental health issues such as CPTSD/PTSD, trauma, etc. do not trip or take any psychedelic drugs at all.

I had severe PTSD from my own father trying to murder me, and then conflicting grief of his death. grief of my mother dying when I was 10. I truly feared death and facing my own mortality. I also had manic ups and downs and was diagnosed as having Borderline personality disorder concurrent with bi polar disorder..... 4 AcO DMT destroyed my ego and made me confront death, which it showed me to truly be an illusion of the one and only conciousness pretending to be many....it allowed me to let go. and trips on lysergamides and other 4 subs only cemented this change for me.

maybe im not in tip top mental health as i still take anxiety medication, but in my opinion, had it not been for the ego death of the psychedelic experience, I would have killed myself for real....and who knows what happens when you do that.

If you have bad trips, and mental health issues such as CPTSD/PTSD, trauma, etc. do not trip or take any psychedelic drugs at all.

For PTSD/trauma, I found kambo with an experienced praticionner to be a good bet. Psychologically safe and healing.

For the 4-Aco-DMT, I would suggest to start very low. I had a very heavy trip when redosing around 15mg on top of 20mg (total around 35mg). Ego death, travel to a place where I have all the answers, don't remembering who I am when coming back to me, ..... I'm probably more sensitive than average, but 8mg is enough for me now.

I'm microdosing b. caapi. It's an interesting tool, slowly doing the work at a pace I can integrate. B. caapi is the vine used to activate DMT in ayahuasca and it has some effects on its own.

I had severe PTSD from my own father trying to murder me, and then conflicting grief of his death. grief of my mother dying when I was 10. I truly feared death and facing my own mortality. I also had manic ups and downs and was diagnosed as having Borderline personality disorder concurrent with bi polar disorder..... 4 AcO DMT destroyed my ego and made me confront death, which it showed me to truly be an illusion of the one and only conciousness pretending to be many....it allowed me to let go. and trips on lysergamides and other 4 subs only cemented this change for me.

maybe im not in tip top mental health as i still take anxiety medication, but in my opinion, had it not been for the ego death of the psychedelic experience, I would have killed myself for real....and who knows what happens when you do that.
That is some tough shit you went through.

My trauma's are not anything close to what you had. But I self medicate anti-anxiety and the thought of it ending, live, is comforting. My two kid's need me so I'll have to wait for nature

But I rather have an ego death experience. A reset of the brain so to say. So you claim this is possible. Question how do you dose , calculate your dose. As the LSD analogues are nice but not near anything nearing ego death. I get the feeling like I am taking a recreative drug. While I aiming for a forced mindbending experience.

Gonna have a look at the tryptamine analogue's, but is there any reason to believe psychedelics to be usefull for trauma related shit.

For PTSD/trauma, I found kambo with an experienced praticionner to be a good bet. Psychologically safe and healing.

For the 4-Aco-DMT, I would suggest to start very low. I had a very heavy trip when redosing around 15mg on top of 20mg (total around 35mg). Ego death, travel to a place where I have all the answers, don't remembering who I am when coming back to me, ..... I'm probably more sensitive than average, but 8mg is enough for me now.

I'm microdosing b. caapi. It's an interesting tool, slowly doing the work at a pace I can integrate. B. caapi is the vine used to activate DMT in ayahuasca and it has some effects on its own.
Could 4-aco-DMT be substituted by an other trypt like 4-ho-MET

I'm not familiar enough with the other 4-substitued tryptamines to give an answer on this. I healed some trauma with allylescaline, it is smooth and gentle, it might be a good option for someone who fears stronger psychedelics.

In my experience yes. though in lower doses 4 HO MET is less harsh on the mental teachings. but when the dosage is raised it behaves as a proper entheogen. Ive had very similar results from 4 AcO DMT/4 PrO DMT/ 4 HO MET/ 4 AcO MET/ 4 HO DET/ 4 AcO DET. all of them take me to the same place with slight differences in dosages and duration. but at the proper dose they all seem to produce full on ++++ visionary experiences

I'm pretty much convinced bad trips are the result of dosing too much too fast. I need to set time aside to dose: a little a 2 days before, followed by a little higher the next day, then have the entire day to dose gradually up to taking the entire 'dose' I want. The come up should be very smooth and not dominated by psychedelic hallucinations that block your sight. Tripping takes all day and then integration can take a long time, days or weeks, especially if you are dealing with the who, what, when, where, and why of your drug use and trauma. If your in a safe place with safe people, you can do it, but its really up to you about how much 'you', you want to deal with.

I'm pretty much convinced bad trips are the result of dosing too much too fast. I need to set time aside to dose: a little a 2 days before, followed by a little higher the next day, then have the entire day to dose gradually up to taking the entire 'dose' I want. The come up should be very smooth and not dominated by psychedelic hallucinations that block your sight. Tripping takes all day and then integration can take a long time, days or weeks, especially if you are dealing with the who, what, when, where, and why of your drug use and trauma. If your in a safe place with safe people, you can do it, but its really up to you about how much 'you', you want to deal with.

I talked with people deep in the aya scene, and I got comments close to what you say. They tell me they prefer three ceremonies in 3 nights. The first one with a lower dose to break the glass, the second one to do the deep work, and the last one to close in beauty. When I do kambo, I do 2 ceremonies in 2 days, and the first one is always the hardest, even with a lower dose. But, with many psychedelics, there's a problem of tolerance with multiple dosings.

I find mushrooms/psilacetin to both be far too cruel of teachers. They teach you the way a harsh Catholic nun would. The lesson is learned but you feel somewhat mentally assaulted the entire time.

LSD and phens tend to lean more towards that great teacher you once had who encouraged you to go out and explore the world with fresh eyes. In such a manner, the lesson can be learned in your own time and your own way. Not sure how else to put it.

I find mushrooms/psilacetin to both be far too cruel of teachers. They teach you the way a harsh Catholic nun would. The lesson is learned but you feel somewhat mentally assaulted the entire time.

LSD and phens tend to lean more towards that great teacher you once had who encouraged you to go out and explore the world with fresh eyes. In such a manner, the lesson can be learned in your own time and your own way. Not sure how else to put it.
That's funny, I've actually never seriously tripped on mushrooms because they remind me of high school and university, just goofball fun, I guess I never grew out of it. I should try it seriously some time.
I never liked 4 aco dmt because its so unpredictable, plus I'm trying to go natural these days other than LSD. I have gone through the "baggie of goodies" with substituted tryptamines. After my last LSD experience I finally figured it out - I've been on 'acid' my entire life, its called childhood wonder, and its everywhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not familiar enough with the other 4-substitued tryptamines to give an answer on this. I healed some trauma with allylescaline, it is smooth and gentle, it might be a good option for someone who fears stronger psychedelics.
Offcourse MAL would be excellent too then. Methylallylescaline, I got 50 mg in my possesion.

I have no fear for stronger psychedelics. 300 mcg ALD-52 seems like fun or 50 mg 5-ho-MET. its just the mushroom or truffle now a day's that doesn't go with me.

In my experience yes. though in lower doses 4 HO MET is less harsh on the mental teachings. but when the dosage is raised it behaves as a proper entheogen. Ive had very similar results from 4 AcO DMT/4 PrO DMT/ 4 HO MET/ 4 AcO MET/ 4 HO DET/ 4 AcO DET. all of them take me to the same place with slight differences in dosages and duration. but at the proper dose they all seem to produce full on ++++ visionary experiences
And when one is trying to achive ego-death. Wondering if that experience is actually achieveable at my age.

The lysergic's that appeared recent years. That would be really intens experience's in my youth. Now are just luxerious trip's. I actually enjoy them at the levels provided on the blotters. Never double dosed, so it could be the actual dose needed for ego-death is a bit higher.

Maybe I am to careful.

I just was talking to my brother and he was suggesting I should go on a trip.

I haven’t tripped in maybe 7 years because everyone my last mushroom trip ended up a terrible experience. I had a bad trip and was very overwhelmed. It was awful.

Which is why I’m kind of nervous to go ahead and trip.. I’m just worried the bad trip could have some negative lasting long term effects

However my brother thinks it would be a good way to deal with my traumas and drug addictions. I’m not entirely opposed to this idea I’m just pretty terrified of a trip bad enough it could land me in a psych ward, my mental health is no where near as stable as it used to be.

Thoughts?
As you where the one that started it.

I get your brother's grip, but is it realistic? Can a trip really heal a person to a degree.

And if so mushroom's or truffle's would be the worst way to get there I feel. I to react very bad to them. I can assure you most of the research chemical's are not that taxing.

As you where the one that started it.

I get your brother's grip, but is it realistic? Can a trip really heal a person to a degree.

And if so mushroom's or truffle's would be the worst way to get there I feel. I to react very bad to them. I can assure you most of the research chemical's are not that taxing.

All people are different. Personnally, I find shrooms easier than acid.

I have seen one person turning into psychosis from acid, and I also seen someone getting PTSD from 7gr of shrooms