• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Using 1200mg+ daily Oxycodone, want to try rapid microdosing Suboxone. Anyone done this before?

divaofsongs

Greenlighter
Hello everyone. I am new here. I am really in a dilemma. I have been using (abusing really) oxycodone for over 14 years and have amassed a very large and expensive 1200-1500mg a day habit. I know it sounds absurd but it is true. I have somehow managed to keep it going for a very long time but now my once wealthy bank account and successful business is about gone due to my addiction. I only use the real, not the fake fent stuff. I can't imagine going into withdrawal long enough to get on Subs for induction the typical way. I tried Sub's last year when I was on 800mg a day and it took me 48 hours to reach a high enough number on the COWS scale to do the induction and I STILL went into PW!

I've been reading about the Bermese method and also the rapid microdosing of Suboxone and I am planning to do my own version of it.......starting with 0.25mg of Suboxone, along with 200mg of Oxycodone, then do that same dose every 3 hours the next 24 hours, then moving up to 0.50mg Suboxone, along with a lowered 120mg of Oxycodone for another 24 hours, then increasing to 1mg Suboxone every 4 hours, with a lowered 60mg dose of Oxycodone for another 24 hours, then the 4th day, I will just use one 8mg/2mg Suboxone strip in the morning and not use anymore Oxycodone.

About an hour ago, I just took my first 0.25mg microdose of Suboxone and 200mg Oxycodone. About 10 minutes later, I had a slight feeling of anxiety for about 3 minutes, but that passed and now I feel fine. I am really hoping this works out for me and that my plan works. If anyone has any input or advise, I would greatly appreciate it.

I have progressive multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, and a severe skin neuralgia that is super painful, but none of that compares to the agony of losing everything because of a pill addiction! I will learn other ways to deal with the pain because I cannot use my pain meds without abusing them....I have tried and I just cannot.

Yes it is called the Bernese method and it’s a good way to start Suboxone. I would try and take even smaller amounts that .25 see if you can cut the strip into almost as small as you possibly can like a .1 and continue to lower your oxy doses as you continue to build Suboxone up. Just know the switch from oxy to Suboxone won’t be painless and you will feel some depression and fatigue but it will mostly go away within a week. Good luck

Yes it is called the Bernese method and it’s a good way to start Suboxone. I would try and take even smaller amounts that .25 see if you can cut the strip into almost as small as you possibly can like a .1 and continue to lower your oxy doses as you continue to build Suboxone up. Just know the switch from oxy to Suboxone won’t be painless and you will feel some depression and fatigue but it will mostly go away within a week. Good luck
Thank you! I am now on my 6th 0.25 dose of subs, been dosing every 3 hours along with my oxy and I haven't had any issues, except a little anxiety, but that comes and goes, and if it gets bad, I have a few Xanax bars if I need them.

Last night was very strange, I was taking less oxy than normal but feeling noddy as hell, which I haven't felt in years, so I'm wondering if the microdoses of bup can have an effect like that?

How on gods earth have u built up a tolerance to ~1500mg per day?? No offense but how ru even alive? I'd be very concerned with the state of ur opioid receptors going forward. I'm sorry buddy but u shouldn't be doing this on ur own, u need professional help like a doctor!

Last edited:
How on gods earth have u built up a tolerance to ~1500mg per day?? No offense but how ru even alive? I'd be very concerned with the state of ur opioid receptors going forward. I'm sorry buddy but u shouldn't be doing this on ur own, u need professional help like a doctor!

It’s very possible and been done before by others. Chris Heron An Ex Celtic had a 1,200 mg OxyContin habit there’s a book and a documentary on his addiction

There is only one answer for you, and its methadone.

After a habit that long and big, subs are going to be worthless to you. You will see. You additionally have health issues. Putting an antagonist into yourself daily is not something you want to do. I would stop immediately as you have no clue what you are about to do to yourself.

Bupe is one of the strangest drugs out. If you are in horrible withdrawal it will help, and where it stops being a good drug. Its not going to help a 14 year dependence aside perhaps keeping you alive (by not dying in withdrawal). The less you take the more you feel.

In the meantime start looking up methadone clinics and get one ready.

I am alive ONLY by the grace of God! I agree that I do need professional help, but I can't, I have a business and a family that know nothing of how bad it is now and I can't take the chance to lose them. I have a toddler and another one on the way with a surrogate. I know my dose is outrageous but last year it was at about 800mg and I stopped 2 times for about 4 weeks each time, using subs both times, and only relapsed because I got my script and just wanted one more time.....both times I started back up and this last time has just gone nuts. My tolerance has doubled since then. I am in my late 40's, I have to make it work this time!

I am on my third day today, I have upped my subs to .75mg every 3 hours and will discontinue oxy starting tonight. If it doesn't work, then I will deal with it then but so far, so good and if/when I get off them this time, I will NEVER touch another one!

There is only one answer for you, and its methadone.

After a habit that long and big, subs are going to be worthless to you. You will see. You additionally have health issues. Putting an antagonist into yourself daily is not something you want to do. I would stop immediately as you have no clue what you are about to do to yourself.

Bupe is one of the strangest drugs out. If you are in horrible withdrawal it will help, and where it stops being a good drug. Its not going to help a 14 year dependence aside perhaps keeping you alive (by not dying in withdrawal). The less you take the more you feel.

In the meantime start looking up methadone clinics and get one ready.

While I appreciate your opinion, I am not going to take Methadone......ever! I will get off these and subs will work or I will just have to rough it out. I have done it before and was at 800mg last year when I did it twice with subs, both times was clean for 4 weeks and actually only used subs for the first 5 days, then stopped and was fine for 4 weeks, both times, my own stupidity and greed for one more time got me back on both times.....overall, I was feeling good and doing good.

I am on day 3 of the microdosing with zero PW so far, I am up to .75mg every 3 hours, so yesterday I dosed a total of 4mg and will do 6mg today. I am lowering my oxy dose at the same time and it is working for me so far. You may be right, I might find out in the net day or so that things won't work out but I have to trust the data and take the chance.

I will be using medical cannabis for pain going forward and non-narcotic choices for my other issues. Other than abusing my pain meds, I have never used any other form of drugs, except marijuana when I was a teen. I don't even drink socially. I am 48 now and need to live to see my 2 year old graduate and have another on the way with a surrogate. They are my reason and I will get through it somehow, but I cannot be tied to a methadone clinic the rest of my life. That is not an option.

Best of luck! As for those giving you grief about your dose & such I'd just ignore that. Honestly I don't see your doses as particularly excessive. I was under the impression that getting to doses that high was relatively common for those that could afford to?
Hell I've banged the equivalent of your daily habit in a single shot. (90mg Oxymorphone IV) Maybe I just have knowledge of a wide gamut of habit sizes :unsure: but as I mentioned it doesn't seem that out of the ordinary to me. :\

As for the suggestion that Suboxone will not work with your tolerance levels again I'm a little skeptical. As mentioned I'm experienced with tolerance levels similar to yours & have found it quite rare & very individually dependent as to whether or not one's habit is just to "large for Suboxone". Even considering the ceiling effect of Bupe the experience of myself & those I've known is that it is quite rare that one's tolerance is to high for it or that one's "body chemistry" interferes. Considering you've mentioned that Suboxone has worked for you in the past & your experiences it doesn't appear to be an issue in your case. As for the COWS scale thing that is understandable. I know that the COWS scale is basically the best thing we have to go by but from personal experience it's definitely not perfect. The only times I've had PW was when following the COWS scale. Basically I just wanted to confirm that you're not that only one who has followed the COWS scale & gotten burned. I prefer to micro induct which it appears you seem to be doing in your own way. I've never tried micro inducting concurrently but if it works for you that's great!

As a fellow CPP I feel were you're coming from. Though in my case I continue to take Suboxone as a make due form of pain relief on top of medical cannabis. It's definitely not as effective as a full agonist but I feel that Bupe is better than nothing. Everyone's circumstances differ but it's something I hadn't considered initially.
Either way; I just wanted to chime in & wish you the best of luck in your recovery. Here's hoping things go as smoothly as possible for you!

Obligatory Disclaimer: The doses spoken of in this thread are in reference to highly tolerant individuals & should not be considered an endorsement of said dosages. Please do not attempt to emulate.

Best of luck! As for those giving you grief about your dose & such I'd just ignore that. Honestly I don't see your doses as particularly excessive. I was under the impression that getting to doses that high was relatively common for those that could afford to?
Hell I've banged the equivalent of your daily habit in a single shot. (90mg Oxymorphone IV) Maybe I just have knowledge of a wide gamut of habit sizes :unsure: but as I mentioned it doesn't seem that out of the ordinary to me. :\

As for the suggestion that Suboxone will not work with your tolerance levels again I'm a little skeptical. As mentioned I'm experienced with tolerance levels similar to yours & have found it quite rare & very individually dependent as to whether or not one's habit is just to "large for Suboxone". Even considering the ceiling effect of Bupe the experience of myself & those I've known is that it is quite rare that one's tolerance is to high for it or that one's "body chemistry" interferes. Considering you've mentioned that Suboxone has worked for you in the past & your experiences it doesn't appear to be an issue in your case. As for the COWS scale thing that is understandable. I know that the COWS scale is basically the best thing we have to go by but from personal experience it's definitely not perfect. The only times I've had PW was when following the COWS scale. Basically I just wanted to confirm that you're not that only one who has followed the COWS scale & gotten burned. I prefer to micro induct which it appears you seem to be doing in your own way. I've never tried micro inducting concurrently but if it works for you that's great!

As a fellow CPP I feel were you're coming from. Though in my case I continue to take Suboxone as a make due form of pain relief on top of medical cannabis. It's definitely not as effective as a full agonist but I feel that Bupe is better than nothing. Everyone's circumstances differ but it's something I hadn't considered initially.
Either way; I just wanted to chime in & wish you the best of luck in your recovery. Here's hoping things go as smoothly as possible for you!

Obligatory Disclaimer: The doses spoken of in this thread are in reference to highly tolerant individuals & should not be considered an endorsement of said dosages. Please do not attempt to emulate.

I guess I don't know as much as most about it all, I used to be a member of a site called opiophile years ago and could always count on sound advise from a few of the regulars, but they shut it down years ago so I am glad I found this site. I always have people astonished at how high my daily dose is, but I honestly don't know how it got so high. I just started putting more and more in my mouth, every 30-45 minutes I was popping a couple 15's or 30's, of whatever I could get for the day, and before I knew it, I was over 1,000 a day and full steam ahead. I think the most I did in one day was 2,000mg. The crazy thing is, I didn't even feel anything until about 11 p.m., when I would be in a semi-conscious state, nodding my face off for 2 hours, trying to watch a 30 minute show over and over again, then I would sleep for 5 hours and wake up sick and start all over again. Haven't been "high" for years, just addicted to the process of putting pills in my mouth, I think.

Amazingly, I have never ran out for more than a few hours because I have an arsenal of dealers who are constantly on the hunt for me and I get 11 people's full scripts each month too. I have lost 7 figures over the past 3-4 years and now things are getting real. I refuse to sell my Tesla's or lose my real estate to support a habit that doesn't even feel good anymore. I started for genuine pain control but somewhere, somehow, the pain control was secondary and the addiction took over. I am still in pain, even on those ridiculous doses, so it just makes zero sense.

I do think the subs will work for me this time too. Just the past hour I have had some sweating and uncomfortable chills, but otherwise I feel great and I have about 6mg a subs in me right now, which I am pretty certain is stronger than the the oxy I am taking and hoping it will knock the oxy off and replace it fully by the end of the day so I can stop buying them and just be on subs.

Thanks for the advice and well wishes. The best to you as well.

I forgot to ask.......you said you use microdosing to get on subs too. Do you wait to get into withdrawal or do you start microdosing while still having opiates in your system and slowly know them off and replace with subs? If that's how you do it, do you get PW or is it a relatively smooth transition?

If this microdosing thing actually works out for me, it is literally a game changer and can save SO many people's lives! I have so many friends and acquaintances who are stuck on H, Oxy, most are on fake oxy fent pills and they are miserable but stuck and can't get off because the wd is so bad to get on subs. I am really hoping this works so I can help some of them.

1200mg is only crazy in how expensive it must have been. certainly a big habit continued for a long time, but there are people successfully weaning of equivalent dope habits.

best in getting clean.

1200mg is only crazy in how expensive it must have been. certainly a big habit continued for a long time, but there are people successfully weaning of equivalent dope habits.

best in getting clean.

Thanks! Yes, ridiculous, at best it was .50 cents per milligram and at worst $1+ per mg. Adds up real quick, there's gonna be some sad people when I am not lining their pockets anymore. LOL

You mentioned people successfully wean off equivalent dope habits.......what would you say the comparison is per mg of Oxy to H? I am just wondering what the equivalent amount of H in grams would be on a daily basis? Maybe just a guestimate? We are on the west coast so we only have shitty tar here and that is the only thing that has stopped me from progressing! If I was able to get ECP, I would have been toast long ago!

Dang, so a $600-$1200 daily habit? Shit, I'm just curious what kind of work someone does where they can afford such a habit 220,000-440000 a year! Also yes, as someone mentioned earlier, other than doing a medical detox of some kind, I think the Bernase method is your best bet.

While I appreciate your opinion, I am not going to take Methadone......ever!

Well good luck.

I wasn't aware you were just going to take them to help offset the withdrawal. I thought you were going on bupe maintenance. At the same time you are unable to skip dosing for 72 hours, so you situation is very confusing to me.

Just saying methadone will stabilize you. And less than a 10mg oxy. I don't know how you can afford that. Crazy lol.

Best...you will figure it out.

Dang, so a $600-$1200 daily habit? Shit, I'm just curious what kind of work someone does where they can afford such a habit 220,000-440000 a year! Also yes, as someone mentioned earlier, other than doing a medical detox of some kind, I think the Bernase method is your best bet.

I own a very successful medical supply business, the profit is huge, but my husband is oblivious to just how much I make because I spend so much of it he know nothing about and I do all the finances and books, it is my business, he has his own business, but is not nearly as profitable as mine is.....I can't wait to start putting money away, instead of on pills!

Dang, so a $600-$1200 daily habit? Shit, I'm just curious what kind of work someone does where they can afford such a habit 220,000-440000 a year!

He can't.

Its easy to collect money while clean over years to save tons, and blast through unreal amounts when using again. Only to be broke like this guy. There is no way he can maintain that price. It has to come to an end and why he needs to get clean.

EDIT: Or she lol. But you arent tricking us that this is some affordable habit that you are able to maintain. Don't forget this was in your 1st post.

I have somehow managed to keep it going for a very long time but now my once wealthy bank account and successful business is about gone due to my addiction

I own a very successful medical supply business, the profit is huge, but my husband is oblivious to just how much I make because I spend so much of it he know nothing about and I do all the finances and books, it is my business, he has his own business, but is not nearly as profitable as mine is.....I can't wait to start putting money away, instead of on pills!

Well, it sounds like you have a lot going for you and I'm sure you'll be very happy to be rid of this monkey on your back! The best time to quit was 5 years ago, the next best time is right now :)

He can't.

Its easy to collect money while clean over years to save tons, and blast through unreal amounts when using again. Only to be broke like this guy. There is no way he can maintain that price. It has to come to an end and why he needs to get clean.

I believe it's a she. My Dad was a corporate lawyer and if he didn't have our family, he would easily have been able to afford such a habit. Now, I don't know if you can function on those kinds of levels of oxy in that demanding and high stress environment, but there are jobs out there that pay big enough to enable this for sure. If you're clearing 7 figures each and every year, you could maybe sustain it.

Ultimately, your health or your wealth or both would suffer I imagine.

He can't.

She, lol. I am female. :) I could maintain the habit, but it is taking every penny I make to do so. I make about what I spend a day, so there is nothing left. I make a lot of money, I spend it all on pills. My business profits $30K+ a month and I have nothing left! Thank God I still have my home, rental properties and my 2 Tesla's. Once I started contemplating selling one of my cars, that was when I decided to stop! It is amazing how fast it goes and I keep making excuses of when I will stop and it is just getting worse and my habit bigger and bigger. Every time I try to wean down, I end up with a bigger habit! This shit is the devil!