• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Used benzos for a month or so, how safe to quit?

morphine-dreams

Bluelighter
Long story short I started with etizolam for about 2 weeks or so and and then around 1.5mg xanax or 1mg k-pins. I have access to benzos so I can taper if I want, just wondering if it's worth it after 4-5 weeks of use or should I just CT? Also, what kind of symptoms can I expect?

Well, the problem is, that everyone reacts different. Some people might get away with it and won't experience any withdrawal, while others will experience rebound anxiety and insomnia and others will experience real withdrawal.

I think a taper would be beneficial, so you will
most likely only experience some rebound.

i have the same question really iv been taking 2mg ativan for maybe 2 or 3 weeks i took a whole bottle anyways i think there must of been at least 50 pills so i will estimate 100 to 200mg of ativan has been ingested over this period daily and i have run out and have no supply or ability to get more what can i expect WD wise

i have the same question really iv been taking 2mg ativan for maybe 2 or 3 weeks i took a whole bottle anyways i think there must of been at least 50 pills so i will estimate 100 to 200mg of ativan has been ingested over this period daily and i have run out and have no supply or ability to get more what can i expect WD wise

If you've been taking 100-200mg in say 3 weeks =21 days you took an average of 5-10mg a day, I think this is getting into seizure territory, so my advice would be to go to the ER and taper down

If you've been taking 100-200mg in say 3 weeks =21 days you took an average of 5-10mg a day, I think this is getting into seizure territory, so my advice would be to go to the ER and taper down
Am I seriously at that much if a risk like some days I wouldn't dose and never went over 2mg a day usually only 1mg u got me scared bro

Honestly I'm not 100 percent on the amount I had in the bottle or the exact time period consumed but I know I did around 1mg sometimes 2mg a day and it feels like it's been a month maybe shorter definitely not longer then 30 days think these things got my head all clouded I hope I'm gonna be fine iv been through opi wd but I read benzo wd can result in seizures fuck am I really at this much of a risk what does the onset of a benzo wd feel like I took my last 1 mg a few hours ago

Honestly I'm not 100 percent on the amount I had in the bottle or the exact time period consumed but I know I did around 1mg sometimes 2mg a day and it feels like it's been a month maybe shorter definitely not longer then 30 days think these things got my head all clouded I hope I'm gonna be fine iv been through opi wd but I read benzo wd can result in seizures fuck am I really at this much of a risk what does the onset of a benzo wd feel like I took my last 1 mg a few hours ago
If you just took 1-2mg a day for a month, I don't think that it'll cause seizures, but get ready for some rebound anxiety and insomnia.
If you start shaking heavily etc go to the ER and do a taper.

If you just took 1-2mg a day for a month, I don't think that it'll cause seizures, but get ready for some rebound anxiety and insomnia.
If you start shaking heavily etc go to the ER and do a taper.

Thanks so much for the info bro calmed me Down alot I'm currently on a codiene taper from a feyntanyl addiction I just overcame so I'm daily ceiling dosing codiene to combat the wd and was just throwing In the benzo ro help with some of my anxiety iv been experiencing from the codiene taper and stopping of feyntanyl it's been like 3 weeks almost a month now I hope I can stick to the codiene taper anyways fingers crossed and thanks again man I was seriously worried there still am a little but not so much now I know my options and the symptoms

Usually it takes 3+ months of daily use to cause sezuires, that's on the extreme end of benzo WD. There a lot of symptoms associated with benzo WD. You might not experience them all, here are a few: Headache, palpilations, anxiety, nausea, irritability, trouble sleeping,memory fog, cognitive difficulties, panic attacks, tremors, and muscle pain. There is more that I didn't list.

- HS

^depends on the dosage and the person itself.
If you take high doses for 3-4 weeks straight you might seize, but yes usually it takes longer.

Usually it takes 3+ months of daily use to cause sezuires, that's on the extreme end of benzo WD. There a lot of symptoms associated with benzo WD. You might not experience them all, here are a few: Headache, palpilations, anxiety, nausea, irritability, trouble sleeping,memory fog, cognitive difficulties, panic attacks, tremors, and muscle pain. There is more that I didn't list.

- HS
Definitely memory fog 100 percent I'll keep you guys updated if you care to know what happens but so far I just have a foggy head alot of anxiety and I haven't fallen asleep yet tonight but I am tired and I'm hoping to fall asleep soon

Definitely memory fog 100 percent I'll keep you guys updated if you care to know what happens but so far I just have a foggy head alot of anxiety and I haven't fallen asleep yet tonight but I am tired and I'm hoping to fall asleep soon
Sure we care, but I think it'd be better if you start your own thread :)

I'd definitely recommend a taper. Yes, it is worth it. Unlike opiate withdrawals, benzo and alcohol withdrawals can actually kill you. It's not worth it to take the chance. There is the possibility you could cold turkey and be fine as everyone is different, but that also means that there's a chance you could have seizures. Honestly, if it were me, I'd just do a small taper to be safe.

I'd definitely recommend a taper. Yes, it is worth it. Unlike opiate withdrawals, benzo and alcohol withdrawals can actually kill you. It's not worth it to take the chance. There is the possibility you could cold turkey and be fine as everyone is different, but that also means that there's a chance you could have seizures. Honestly, if it were me, I'd just do a small taper to be safe.

Problem is I can't get any more. . . Still no sleep not sure of the anxiety is from the thought of having seizurer or the wd

I would also like to say that I never took more then 2mg in a night and even then I think I only did that 3 or 4 nights and the past 3 or so days I have been taking .5mg doses and skipping days without doses before I dropped down to the .5mg dose but I only did that for like I said 3 to 4 days no way near long enough to lower whatever tolerance has been built but I almost always took he same dose sometimes less and I would skip days without having possibly even 2 days I'm a row once I didn't do them at all I only did the bottle at the start of my feyntanyl wd and continued since then which now looking back though old texts is 3 weeks approximately as I said earlier I'm. Really not sure I shouldn't have been so stupid with them I just didn't realize the wd aspects because they get prescribed so easy and I didn't use for like months like a normal patient would damn it must be he'll. Coming off a real addiction/ tolerance I don't even want to imagine... I just want sleep and pray for no Seizures please if there is a god

IMO, 5 weeks of Benzo use is safe to go Cold turkey.
Doctors script patients Benzos for a short period of time for this very reason (4-6 weeks).

But if you were taking large enough doses, like 6-10mg of Xanax/Klonopin daily, then yeah a short term taper would probably be the better idea.. 3mg or less a day for 4-6 weeks ain't much really, I think you'd be fine.

IMO, 5 weeks of Benzo use is safe to go Cold turkey.
Doctors script patients Benzos for a short period of time for this very reason (4-6 weeks).

But if you were taking large enough doses, like 6-10mg of Xanax/Klonopin daily, then yeah a short term taper would probably be the better idea.. 3mg or less a day for 4-6 weeks ain't much really, I think you'd be fine.

Exactly this. I know this is a harm reduction forum, but IMO, the risk of seizure from BZD WD is overstated a lot here and elsewhere. Yes, it is possible, especially on higher doses and/or longer duration of use, but if you are taking therapeutic doses for less than 3 months (probably even longer) that chance is fairly negligible. Yes, be aware of that risk, but the fear mongering over seizing during WD is overstated IMO and actually increases the (rebound) anxiety the person is suffering from when coming off benzos as they are being convinced that they are going to have a seizure coming off if they don't taper, when the reality is, very few people have seizures from WD. I know A LOT of people who have abused large amounts of benzos for years and never had seizures coming off them cold turkey. Major rebound anxiety of course, but no seizures. And yes, I know that's anecdotal evidence.

I agree, the whole "omg you're going to have a seizure you better taper!!!" is grossly overstated. If it was more common I'm sure we'd be hearing about these deaths from said seizures and whatnot a LOT more often. Harm reduction, yes, but if we're going that deep into harm reduction fuck you better just tell everybody to go flush all their drugs.

You're going to be fine. Maybe feel like shit for a few days IF that but you're not going to have a seizure.

I agree, the whole "omg you're going to have a8 seizure you better taper!!!" is grossly overstated. If it was more common I'm sure we'd be hearing about these deaths from said seizures and whatnot a LOT more often. Harm reduction, yes, but if we're going that deep into harm reduction fuck you better just tell everybody to go flush all their drugs.

You're going to be fine. Maybe feel like shit for a few days IF that but you're not going to have a seizure.

This is exactly what I needed to read thanks alot atmoz the earlier posts seriously had me worried and debating going to the ER or what ever and asking for benzo's because I'm addicted I'm assuming they just drug test you then prescribe them so you can taper? Who knows anyways I didn't seize last night I found a pill this morning and took .5 plan on trying to do half that tommrow although it's hard to dose with such a small pill I night make a water solution and use the last 1.5mg as a short taper to help prevent any negative wd symptoms if I even get any I still feel anxious after the .5 and a few hours sleep and had a mental blur when I woke up but I'm also coming off feytnatyl been almost a month or something now maybe 3 weeks so that might be adding to any wd symptoms I think I might be having its hard to tell but so far I'm fine still daily dosing 400mg codiene and plan to taper that when I get over this whole benzo situation :)

i took 2-5mgs per day of klonopin for close to a year, quit cold turkey and had no issues. But I wouldn't recommend that I had several doctors tell me that quitting like that you have a %60 chance of being fine %40 chance of having seizures and dying. try smoking lots and lots of weed when quitting i bought a few grams of wax and just chilled for a few days when i quit.