• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Use for Methamphetamine?

McIronCock

Greenlighter
Hey there. I have a question, but first some background. I am 17, Male, have ADHD, and take 30mg adderall xr daily (not on weekends). It does grately improve my focus, but it makes me even more antisocial than I already am. (I have social anxiety, I get anxious around strangers [Especially girls], and unless I know you, Im the wallflower.) Well I stopped taking my adderall for a few weeks, to see what the effects would be, and my strait A's went to C's. I accumulated a lot of homework during that three week period. Well, tonight my friend introduced me to crystal meth. I despised the substance, because my mom had become hooked on it when I was 9, and tore my family apart. But, not wanting to be the awkward man out (they didnt pressure me, I decided to try it myself, because Ive tried almost everything else [LSD, Shrooms, Weed, PCP, DXM, Xanax, Flexeril, Cocaine, DPH, and 25i.] at least once [LSD is my favorite, by far for spiritual awakenings]). Anyway, I snorted a line, im guessing 25mg's, and smoked two hits, Im guessing 5mg each. Snorting was painful, I cried out of the eye on the side of my face I snorted from (my right). It was unlike anything I had ever done. I felt Euphoric, and pumped, but It didn't feel physical, like on adderall (you can feel the physical effects of adderall), No it felt like a complete mental high. anyway, we chatted for a bit, then decided to head home. I normally listen to Pink Floyd, Hendrix, Led Zeppelin in the car, but this time I was in the mood for bands like AC/DC, Five Finger Death Punch, and My Chemical Romance, which I normally only listen to when Im angry (which I was far from). I had no issue communicating with people I normally dont communicate with often (The social anxiety lol). I got home, and within an hour I completed my 3 weeks of past homework. I feel great right now. My questions are: 1) What steps can I take to avoid addiction? 2) Can this be a substitute for my adderall? I feel like I could accomplish so much more in school (both socially and educationally) on this substance, in low, oral doses of course. (5-10mg) 3) Any thoughts you'd like to share with me on the matter. Im sorry this was so long, but like I said I feel ready to accomplish, which is odd for a normally Lazy son of a bitch lol. Thanks for your input!

1) Don't use regularly, don't use functionally, never buy big amounts.
2) No, your adderall is a subscription medicine, because of which a doctor has control over your dose and frequency. Next to that, adderall is less neurotoxic than meth.
3) The dose you're taking with adderall (30mg extended over the day) is something completely different than a recreative dose of meth. Taking high doses of adderall (you'd need to crush the XR for that or get normal pills) would probably also give a more euphoric feeling, not like meth, but more pleasurable. There is a good reason that you're not getting prescribed such doses... They damage your brain and deplete your body of it's energy, next to that, you'll develop mental dependance in no time. That is with adderall already. I've bought meth once, with 1 rule to myself: Just this one purchase, to try it, check it off the list. Ever since I've been wanting to order a new batch, that's how mentally addictive meth is. Be warned, meth isn't as bad as the media makes it look, but don't underestimate it either.

^^ absolutely fantastic advice there. Meth is addictive for many people, but the fact that it makes you more functional raises addiction risk by a factor of like a bajillion. I have the same problem with opiates and chronic pain, as do many others. Here are some additional reasons you want to give it a wide berth:

1. Taking drugs as prescribed by a physician for a legitimate issue is far, far different, both mentally and physically, than using even the same substances to get high. Very different things happen in your brain. While it may be helpful to you now, with regular use (even just a few times) at doses higher than prescribed will be ultimately counterproductive. You will come down, you will feel like shit, you will sleep for two days and get behind on school again. Your social anxiety will get worse. These negative effects are what start the addiction cycle: "but if I just do some more, I'll be all better again!" And then you'll be even worse after.

2, illegal drugs, especially ones like meth, come attached to some very unsavory characters, and you've already sort of admitted to social naivete.

3. Your mom would be unhappy with you

4. It will cause depression

5. It's very dangerous.

Begin your med regimen again so you're leas tempted to substitute and make a pact with yourself or someone else. Good luck.

How about talking to your doctor to switch you from Adderall to Desoxyn, then you would get the benefits of the meth but in a legal and controlled way.

Even Dexedrine beats Adderall with fewer side effects.

How about talking to your doctor to switch you from Adderall to Desoxyn, then you would get the benefits of the meth but in a legal and controlled way.

Even Dexedrine beats Adderall with fewer side effects.
While he can certainly ask, I highly doubt his doctor is going to give him desoxyn unless his doctor is 80 and has been under a rock for twenty years.

I wouldn't even ask. It will throw up red flags (not the good kind) very quickly.

Well ask to try different adhd meds then, to test which one works best and be truthful about what is good and bad about his current medication.

Surely being honest with your doctor should not be discouraged with fear, and it is no good being afraid to tell the truth in order to optimize the benefits from ones medication for whatever the condition maybe, as he has been properly diagnosed according to OP.

Well ask to try different adhd meds then, to test which one works best and be truthful about what is good and bad about his current medication.

Surely being honest with your doctor should not be discouraged with fear, and it is no good being afraid to tell the truth in order to optimize the benefits from ones medication for whatever the condition maybe, as he has been properly diagnosed according to OP.
That was my advice only because he had stated that his meds work well generally when he takes them. Being honest with your doctor is ALMOST always a good thing. But if he goes in and tells his GP that he really likes meth, he may be banned from controlled substances (adderall) completely and therefore be unable to get the care he needs and deserves.

OP: ultimately, it is up to you. We don't know you, we don't know your doctor. You're the only one qualified to make that call.

It will throw up red flags (not the good kind) very quickly.

America's health care system isn't solely based on the wellbeing of its citizens. That bothers me. If you're using drugs in the Netherlands, you can say so, you can't even get arrested or fined for drug use. Drug use is legal, while possession, synthesis, selling, buying and assisting in either of these last 3 things is illegal. This way you can be 100% honest with your doctor, whether it's just your general practitioner or a surgeon in the hospital. Being open about your drug use will not get you to be looked down upon within the medical world. Bla bla bla bla, frustration typed out, but what I wanted to work my way to:

It depends on where you live if you can or cannot ask for Desoxyn without causing yourself trouble. If you're Dutch you can even openly say: "I've been using Adderall, as you prescribed me and it does the job, but it worsens my anxiety by a huge amount. When I tried meth recently, I discovered that it has the same possitive effects Adderall has, but better and it completely diminishes my anxiety. Therefore I'm wondering if I could try switching Adderall with Desoxyn for a while, to see if that's a better medicine in my specific situation."
Doctors would listen to that and you'd have just as good a chance of getting the prescription, if not bigger, as when you randomly ask for it or have some bullshit story.

Oh well, what I did mostly in this post is write something that annoys me in this world off my shoulders... Don't think this post is of much help to you, but I'll just post it and let you decide...

OP: you may even want to inquire about a non stimulant ADHD medication. Like strattera to see if it helps more with the social anxiety. Best of luck and let us know how it goes.

"I've been using Adderall, as you prescribed me and it does the job, but it worsens my anxiety by a huge amount. When I tried meth recently, I discovered that it has the same possitive effects Adderall has, but better and it completely diminishes my anxiety. Therefore I'm wondering if I could try switching Adderall with Desoxyn for a while, to see if that's a better medicine in my specific situation."

Hah! Same world, different planet bro. As an American I can say that this would get you permabanned from 99.9% of shrinks. That does prove your point though - the system here does not look out for the patient, it is more interested in protecting the interests of the practitioner.

To OP - I've never done meth, but I have seen this exact thread countless times yet OP has never came back to report their positive results with therapeutic street meth.. just something to think about.

Hah! Same world, different planet bro. As an American I can say that this would get you permabanned from 99.9% of shrinks. That does prove your point though - the system here does not look out for the patient, it is more interested in protecting the interests of the practitioner.

To OP - I've never done meth, but I have seen this exact thread countless times yet OP has never came back to report their positive results with therapeutic street meth.. just something to think about.

Well said and nice observation about OPs never reporting back. I've never tried meth personally, but I have a friend that loves it. He doesn't seem to get much of the positive effects that most people describe. Mostly just goes on a binge and plays video games for 3 straight days. I don't get it really, but speeds have never been my thing anyway.

OP: I like how LearntYoung explained himself there. You are at a higher risk to become addicted quicker than most because of genetic predisposition. In the states yea that'd probably get you permabanned lol as pinpoint put it. It isn't illegal to be high or have done a drug before, I'd say feel it out and talk to your doctor.

Crystal meth is not going to be a substitute for your Adderall or Dexedrine.

I know people who are addicted to meth, and who did use pharmaceutical amphetamines as well and they said how the pharmaceutical amphetamines while not being nearly as strong as meth were more pure and it was far easier to control the dosage or what the dosage would do to them when they took them orally as prescribed. Also they would come down from the pharm. amphetamines and rest, eat food, etc. even when taking a large amount of them, and they didn't really have a desire to re-dose nearly as frequently as they did or do with crystal meth. Stay safe.

1) Don't use regularly, don't use functionally, never buy big amounts.
2) No, your adderall is a subscription medicine, because of which a doctor has control over your dose and frequency. Next to that, adderall is less neurotoxic than meth.
3) The dose you're taking with adderall (30mg extended over the day) is something completely different than a recreative dose of meth. Taking high doses of adderall (you'd need to crush the XR for that or get normal pills) would probably also give a more euphoric feeling, not like meth, but more pleasurable. There is a good reason that you're not getting prescribed such doses... They damage your brain and deplete your body of it's energy, next to that, you'll develop mental dependance in no time. That is with adderall already. I've bought meth once, with 1 rule to myself: Just this one purchase, to try it, check it off the list. Ever since I've been wanting to order a new batch, that's how mentally addictive meth is. Be warned, meth isn't as bad as the media makes it look, but don't underestimate it either.

Don't fucking do it dude.

I was just like you at one point. I was using adderall to study and it was pretty awesome. Started doing meth out of curiosity (thinking it would help me get even more focused)
No, it does not.

Absolutely no one can sustain a normal life with recreational use.

You might think you can, but it quickly warps the way you act, look and think. It's too neurotoxic, too scatterbrained and too abusable.

I lost two years of my life and a chance at college I'm never going to get back.
I'm fucking lucky as hell I had the support I did.
Undoing the absolutely selfish and fucked way of thinking is just as painful as the drug is pleasurable.

You're fucked if you go down that road.

Don't fucking do it dude.

I was just like you at one point. I was using adderall to study and it was pretty awesome. Started doing meth out of curiosity (thinking it would help me get even more focused)
No, it does not.

Absolutely no one can sustain a normal life with recreational use. You might think you can, but it quickly warps the way you act, look and think.

I lost two years of my life and a chance at college I'm never going to get back.
I'm fucking lucky as hell I had the support I did.
Undoing the absolutely selfish and fucked way of thinking is just as painful as the drug is pleasurable.

You're fucked if you go down that road.

I agree. My friends who are or were into meth told me to never use it. The one person was college, and dropped out and said it ruins your life.

I used pure d-methamphetamine once a week for 3 months. I was taking 20-30mg on the days I was using (a therapeutic dose) for increased focus and productivity. It worked amazingly... far better than amphetamine or ephedrine. It's also the only stimulant I've taken (apart from cocaine) that didn't make me feel jittery and irritable.

Once it ran out I decided not to buy any more. Tolerance is a MAJOR problem with methamphetamine... when I took my last 30mg dose it barely even did anything to me. It's just not practical... to avoid tolerance you would have to limit your use to once every two weeks or so.
Amphetamine is nowhere near as powerful or nice, but I can use that stuff a couple of times a week (around 40mg) without running into any problems.

In terms of a super focused, high energy, euphoric, long lasting, very hard to overdose on high--that is, ignoring all the real, imagined, or just rumored negative side effects--pure or nearly pure, recrystallized dextrorotatory methamphetamine hydrochloride can't be beaten. Just sayin'.

In terms of a super focused, high energy, euphoric, long lasting, very hard to overdose on high--that is, ignoring all the real, imagined, or just rumored negative side effects--pure or nearly pure, recrystallized dextrorotatory methamphetamine hydrochloride can't be beaten. Just sayin'.

Is it really like this?

I'm asking only because I've never used crystal, never will, and do not want to. However, I have met people who have and I've noticed how when they're on it they get highly distracted and confused about things even on a small dose of the drug, sometimes concentrate on doing one thing or only one subject when having a conversation for hours, and some get very angry while coming down or when the drug has worn off.

Last edited: