Writing-up [USA] Use of prescription stimulant meds

shame, can't contribute here of all places go figure, do these surveys have some sort of impact on trying to reduce the amount of amp prescriptions written in some way shape or form? i'm an advocate of using substances to aid in whichever capacity nessesary and would hate to see amphetamines demonized like opiates are now even though they really shouldn't be to the extent they are

I agree they are demonized like opioids which is absolutely ridiculous

Man that survey sucked. I gave up. I some times administer surveys to businesses as a part of my work and this survey sucked, particularly in this population which is likely to fatigue easily (unless they snorted prescription stimulants before the survey). They should have asked which prescription stimulant was snorted before the survey and if it was brand or generic.

I gave them a little hell for their SPSS output for writing a boring survey:

Screenshot_20191106-202019_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20191106-202035_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Just a note that I composed the title of this thread. In Australia the word 'abuse' is avoided when it comes to drugs. The phrases 'drug abuse' and especially 'drug abusers' are considered stigmatising. Hence I just use the terms 'use' or 'consume' to avoid making any judgements on people's consumption habits.

That rationale could do with being applied everywhere really, not just in Oz

Not eligible either; only oral use for me in the past decade. Used to IV cocaine.

Prescribers and governmental oversight should also take into account possible diversion of stimulant medications by parents of children with ADD/ADHD. I've definitely heard a story or two about tired parents using their child's stimulant Rx medication to keep up with the demands of life and parenthood.

I mean shit, who better or easier to take from than a child who literally has no concept or idea of the potential for misuse of these medications...? I am not condoning this, rather pointing out the possible thought process of an addicted person willing to steal to obtain drugs.

arbor pharma makes and sells dextroamphetamine / amphetamine sulphate ... makes me wonder why they're doing this study ...
Probably to find different ways to make abuse deterrent capsules, or other delivery methods.

shame, can't contribute here of all places go figure, do these surveys have some sort of impact on trying to reduce the amount of amp prescriptions written in some way shape or form? i'm an advocate of using substances to aid in whichever capacity nessesary and would hate to see amphetamines demonized like opiates are now even though they really shouldn't be to the extent they are
I don't think I could agree more. I don't know what's wrong with politicians and legislators lately but I think their biggest concern should be making methadone available in physician offices. I think it would increase the number of patients in treatment, and it has quite a bit of success in Western Europe (but then again thats Western Europe). It'd be a shame seeing prescription stimulants go away, vyvanse helps me a lot throughout the day, I don't abuse it because you can't really (unless you take too much but it lasts a long ass time in general). D-Amp helps people too, why take it away? Europe did away with Rx stimulants which is why I can't live there. I took the survey, kept asking if I IV Rx stimulants; who does that? 10? 15mg of active ingredient maybe? And thats like 1/100th active ingredient at most out of what one injects. Sounds like a terrible idea to me, but if somebody's done it I can't really care/judge.

Not eligible either; only oral use for me in the past decade. Used to IV cocaine.

Prescribers and governmental oversight should also take into account possible diversion of stimulant medications by parents of children with ADD/ADHD. I've definitely heard a story or two about tired parents using their child's stimulant Rx medication to keep up with the demands of life and parenthood.

I mean shit, who better or easier to take from than a child who literally has no concept or idea of the potential for misuse of these medications...? I am not condoning this, rather pointing out the possible thought process of an addicted person willing to steal to obtain drugs.

This song is quite an artistic expression of the exact issue you outline. I've been prescribed dexadrine for 17 years, and I hardly ever take it anymore. Messes with my blood pressure like fucking crazy, it's actually worse than some RC stims TBH. Not that I take those regularly. (Phenylpiracetam, 3-FPM, bromantane and a few other mild ones do the trick with a coffee)

I prefer nootropics and hallucinogens. I believe they work better. But it's cool to always have a shit load of dex laying around. For... studying and stuff. (For science). Also great for long drives

Probably to find different ways to make abuse deterrent capsules, or other delivery methods.

Ever heard of concerta or vivanse? Concerta is like a hamster pellet of stim with various coats of stim that release in a steady amount. It sucks. Nobody I know who's taken it stayed on.

Vivanse is just dexadrine with a Lysine group added. So a prodrug of dex (lysdexamphetamine). A script is insanely expensive.

Alternatively, nomatter what they do, you'll always be able to chew a time release pill, or exceed recommended dosages. Where there's a will, theres a way. It's greasy, but that's the resolve of an addict, always the innovative genius when it comes to getting what they're looking for.

Prohibition would be the single worst thing. Look what happened when they made oxy super hard to get? Sure it was a problem when it was easy to get a script, but when it became very difficult, enter heroin. When heroin supply ran short, enter fentanyl.

If they take away RX stims... people will turn to whatever they think will help. Meth is already huge in a lot of North America, the prevalence of it would simply become rampant (I believe). The #1 reason I got hooked on meth is because I moved provinces and didn't have my prescription jar anymore and they refused to write me a prescription in the city I ended up in. So, I hung with hookers who had the shit all the time. Thus began my "hookers and meth" chapter from 2015 - 2017. It was all because I couldn't get my meds. What a fuckshow that was (literally. Hookers and meth was sort of a good time for about 1/2 of the experience).

Last edited:
Ever heard of concerta or vivanse? Concerta is like a hamster pellet of stim with various coats of stim that release in a steady amount. It sucks. Nobody I know who's taken it stayed on.

Vivanse is just dexadrine with a Lysine group added. So a prodrug of dex (lysdexamphetamine). A script is insanely expensive.

Alternatively, nomatter what they do, you'll always be able to chew a time release pill, or exceed recommended dosages. Where there's a will, theres a way. It's greasy, but that's the resolve of an addict, always the innovative genius when it comes to getting what they're looking for.

Prohibition would be the single worst thing. Look what happened when they made oxy super hard to get? Sure it was a problem when it was easy to get a script, but when it became very difficult, enter heroin. When heroin supply ran short, enter fentanyl.

If they take away RX stims... people will turn to whatever they think will help. Meth is already huge in a lot of North America, the prevalence of it would simply become rampant (I believe). The #1 reason I got hooked on meth is because I moved provinces and didn't have my prescription jar anymore and they refused to write me a prescription in the city I ended up in. So, I hung with hookers who had the shit all the time. Thus began my "hookers and meth" chapter from 2015 - 2017. It was all because I couldn't get my meds. What a fuckshow that was (literally. Hookers and meth was sort of a good time for about 1/2 of the experience).
I'm aware of all these drugs and have taken them/broken the time release of all of them (except vyvanse thats not even worth it plus I'd need more chem knowledge). Concerta does suck I agree with that and vyvanse is definitely my heaviest copay at 50 USD, but I also like it so I can't complain too much except to Shire pharmaceuticals.
I completely agree with you on that, however, where theres a will, theres a way, and with all these companies trying to find the best way to prevent people from snorting their drugs, they create X amount of people who are just gonna IV it, and end up with Hep C, AIDS, ETC. or just die. At this point prohibition has shown it's worst, and with oxy and heroin in short supply, people just turn to the sketchy H from that dude they find at their local bar; that dude who also throws in a bunch of fent and kills people for an extra buck. In Europe, however, they got sick of seeing so many sons, daughters, grandfathers, grandmothers, fathers, mothers, uncles, aunts, etc. die from overdoses that they just said fuck it, lets make methadone and pure heroin(aq) available easily to people and saw their crime, overdose, and suicide rates plummet. I don't know why thats so hard for the US to do.
First the US went in the direction of very liberal prescribing, but now they've gone too far in the opposite direction, and people are dying from massive supplies of fentanyl being brought in across the border. There needs to be a middle ground where doctors aren't prescribing 3,000 oxy 80s a month, but also aren't completely limiting prescriptions to chronic pain patients and acute pain patients to the point where they still feel severe pain (the situation I was in when I broke my skull, and then again later on when I developed chronic nerve pain; it was a lotta agony, and a lotta street drugs). The same thing would happen if they took away prescription stimulants (something I fear very much), people would just turn to meth, cocaine, crack, or whatever they can get their hands on.
Hookers and meth sounds like something that would be fun for a little, but not for a very long time. It would probably end in a way similar to some of my own experiences, only with much worse potential consequences.
In short, I agree with pretty much everything you've said, in my previous post, I wasn't trying to agree at all with what the pharmaceutical companies are doing. I actually disagree quite a bit with what they've done with extended release formulas, but what can I do? Start a petition to bring back original formula oxy or to make CII prescribing more liberal (hey thats not a bad idea...)? I don't see a petition like that going very far, but would like to be more optimistic than I am. Either way I was just trying to answer a question about what the survey is for. I don't know if your intention was to come off as aggressive on that post, I can kinda understand if it was, (and I can't detect tone through reading text) but kinda felt like it was. Not butthurt or anything mostly curious.

It was mostly a rant of anecdotes, it can be interpreted in many ways, but on my side, it was just a fact dump. No real emotional drive behind it, purely anecdotes and observation.

I don't think I could agree more. I don't know what's wrong with politicians and legislators lately but I think their biggest concern should be making methadone available in physician offices. I think it would increase the number of patients in treatment, and it has quite a bit of success in Western Europe (but then again thats Western Europe). It'd be a shame seeing prescription stimulants go away, vyvanse helps me a lot throughout the day, I don't abuse it because you can't really (unless you take too much but it lasts a long ass time in general). D-Amp helps people too, why take it away? Europe did away with Rx stimulants which is why I can't live there. I took the survey, kept asking if I IV Rx stimulants; who does that? 10? 15mg of active ingredient maybe? And thats like 1/100th active ingredient at most out of what one injects. Sounds like a terrible idea to me, but if somebody's done it I can't really care/judge.
Dude that is FUCKIN horseshit. Humanity is at the bottom of the barrel in the universe i graduated because I got let into the underprivileged , unpredictable but had a job class. I got in in 12th grade it was like I graduated 2wks in. Everyone got out at 950am. Best yr ever i was suspended 42 days man . that class enabled me to do whatever I wanted i parked handicapped . smokin blunts . get out and party at my house. I dont have those luxeries where daydreaming was my hobby . I look back 2 thirds r dead. I got medicated after a year of tests with being alcoholic drug buffet oxymorphone was better than heroin . My point : without ADHD meds I go to jail and it's hereditary. 50mg vyvanse first dose that worked like OMG I'm in treatment ayr plus the 5months prior in county 2013jan. 7 yrs. I went a yr without the 3 months in jail was easy compared to the 9 months in society. I saw the true theraputic value and my old Dr fired me for double filling. It took me months to snap out of it but Vyvanse was it I wasn't complaining . 3 yrs ago . the Drs need to understand Vyvanse I hate now . im on 30xr and 15ir teva. I'm gonna try to switch end of month to 3 or 15s and 2 yrs ago id tell Dr no no. Truth is ppl need these meds . Europe no amps. Id be buyin makin a d consumed . been doing DNA swabs turns out I ha e some cytochrome in liver she said never had patient that blows thru the bupe (prescription) and fentanyl. Mines a variation. Everyone I know is dead i wonder if brother got carfent. I'm sorry these old fucks have the gift of getting held back mulched into someone else. Sit alone long enough and your soul will find u . it's a test and I wont wonder you'll know boom step 1. U connect with your absolutely priceless its in the spiritual realm but can surface but animal eyes dont see it. Man can only replicate man or woman made things. Light money in front of me ill only put it out for smokes. Sorry took 85ir SUBLINGUALLY . if u cry cus u think about that day in your 20s wen life was indescribable as the first effective dose worked thats ADHD. I've had 9 confirmation and brain scans show ir is working . these f#.&#& primates behind laws they got to get over to the cemetery. Btw - make it clear get cremated they still wait 3days. I apologize lack of sex and mobing forward in life and I lay down having had a supernatural experience where I saw thru eyes mixed with mine I saw thousands of miles it telepathically tookthe first 10 yrs of my life tossed em now I had room. And lime a money counter in my head I was downloaded and upgraded. I cannot describe the euphoria no drugs the high of always been looking for mdma pulse chunk brown . simply asked me do u want to know what life can be like. If u ever hit despair its permanent. This being i never saw for a full 24hrs my brain was being downloaded with info that I could access only wen its time. Look to the past Greek . I'll stop cus Oct 3rd 2015 1st imagine reality times 5. Exactly byproduct is the TRUTH. In stone and in the stars. Here we're animals until our soul finds you. That is golden then you have to find your identity which society is like hell no. Its not in a jail cell u need to be away alone and get on your knees and talk ask for not what u want say what worries u b SINCERE. Pick a religion they are all the same after 23hrs my mind went from 2 lanes to a 8different directions i explored everything there is HOWEVER it needs more i need sex but had it sober last at 15 in school A/C on. I believe a woman is so fascinating they're sensitive and I was a jerk i was pissed girls kept showing up . Alcohol is the most dangerous drug. I'm 34 I spent my first 30 meaningless. Watching a man woman and 2 kids parents smiling drove me nuts. Thankyou amphetamines i just need my shit ppl that get strung out. Get psychosis and fuck it all up by hittin ER. Listen back to sci fi if you have done good constructive encouragement to others well the karma and effect will just be paet of your flow . we're. Only human some just animal when I received enlightenment one thing I had to see know and only speculate. Once I get laid as rejuvenation and my new life after 2.5 yrs next month. Do not leave this world with regret your soul cant carry it . 6th sense so much more than thought no it's spiritual its where u want to spend alot of time we're violent barbarians . After such a profound ticket to a behind the scenes and my thing is I need ppl to grow cant alone ive alot to learn85 ir in 20 hrs yea abuse hate xr but take it away and I leave the house not knowing if I'm gettin arrested. Btw all this happened b4 I ever watched ancient aliens. The day I did I was ecstatic -the annunaki . why cant I simplify

I'm sorry I missed this, my intranasal use of Buproprion blindsided me and certainly works as a stimulant.

Fuck, I'm taking Amphetaminsulfate since 2013 because of my ADHD. But the last year people (meds or not) told me - "don't do this, you will get Parkinson's disease for sure, there are studies" and if I ask "Where? Could you pls give it to me?" they are very fast to tell me that the sun is shining or that their dog is shitting.

I'm a bit disappointed, I have to look by myself to get real studies that you can trust.

JJ

BIIIIG EDIT: I never ever mis- or abused my meds because they help me and I need them. I never ever snorted it (wuäh) and I never ever took more than my psych is prescribing me. I don't even take them on weekends or holidays, because for what? Now since the Corona Lockdown I was not using it till now and its six weeks now.

Last edited:
appear active in the attempt to curb misuse?

A poster presentation based on a survey of adults ages 18 to 49 showed that among 1,207 adults reporting an ADHD diagnosis, nearly one-quarter reported non-medical use of stimulants. Among individuals with ADHD who had been prescribed a stimulant by a physician, 18% modified the drug they were taking in at least one way, either to experience a high or to try to relieve symptoms more effectively, says Stephen Faraone, PhD, Professor of Psychiatry and Neuroscience & Physiology at SUNY Upstate Medical University.

A second poster presentation, on a review of 20 studies reporting medical outcomes from non-medical use of stimulants, reported significant increases across several age groups in emergency department visits involving prescription stimulants from 2005-2010. Increases were actually higher among adults ages 35 and older than among youths under 18, says Faraone.

Faraone presented both posters at this month's conference. The two studies were funded by Arbor Pharmaceuticals, for which Faraone serves as a consultant. Arbor Pharmaceuticals is the maker of a brand-name version of dextroamphetamine for the treatment of ADHD in children and adolescents.

The adult survey data came from a YouGov survey encompassing 12,000 individuals. In the group of 1,207 adults who reported an ADHD diagnosis, 9.2% said they had lied about or exaggerated symptoms in order to convince their physician to prescribe medication.

Among those with stimulant prescriptions for ADHD who modified the drug, the three most commonly used modifications were chewing the drug prior to swallowing it, dissolving it in liquid prior to use, and snorting it. Those who alter the drug in ways such as chewing might report that this relieves their symptoms faster or is just more effective overall.

Prescribers of ADHD medication need to remain mindful that some of their patients may be misusing or diverting, Faraone says. An important stage at which to think about this occurs when a young adult is leaving home, transitioning from having medication secured by a parent to having control over how the medication is stored and used, he says.

https://www.accsa.co.za/single-post...n-Stimulant-Misuse-Reaches-Across-Populations

i'm ineligible. haven't had finals in over five years.

We had no Amphetamin in whole Austria for lets say half a year. It was pretty funny.

JJJ

Around 2005, my friend was trying to cut up a concerts and he slipped and lacerated his finger. Blood poured out, all over my mirror top coffee table. Now it's 2020. I have chronic pain, but I live in a better country these days, and I can get basic meds like tramadol and codeine OTC. There is a huge methamphetamine problem in this region (Southeast Asia), but people don't put it in your face. You won't have aggressive addicts assaulting you or just harassing you and talking jibberish at you like in the States & Canada.