• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Urine drug test ordered by doctor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toreadores

Greenlighter
Hey guys I am kind of worried about something. I am on Percocet for about 1 year and 3 months, with my last doctor's visit, he told me he is required to do a urine test in order to check if everything is ok and if I'm taking my meds correctly. I am prescribed 60 pills of 10/325 Percocet every month (2 pills a day). The thing is I am usually taking more 3 to 4 pills a day and I usually run out on my 18-20th day I am not taking any for about 10-11 days until my next visit. I was able to stall the test this time. I told him I didn't even know about the random tests and I peed literally before visit him (which was actually true). He is really cool in general so he didn't make me stay until I need to pee, because I have college classes, but said from now on not to go to pee before my follow ups, otherwise he has to report that I denied a test. I don't know when he will want to do it again, it may be next time, it may be in 3 months. I don't take any other drugs so I am not worried about finding anything else in the system, but the opposite - if it lacks in the system to think I am selling it, so there is what I want to know:

1. How exactly this urine test works, what they can actually see and what the doctors really care about?
2. Can the test show how often or how much I am taking my Percocet? (Will it show if I am taking 3x a day instead of 2x or if I am taking 2x15mg instead of 2x10mg)
3. I read that oxy lasts about 3 days in the urine, but can the lab actually see before that or more specific can the test show absence before this timeframe.

My follow up is next Friday and I saved 6 pills to take them as prescribed 3 days before my exam. I am worried if they can somehow analyze what is going on in my body BEFORE the last 3 days and the doc to say " ok I see what you are doing, you took Percocet the last 3 days but before that if shows you haven't take any, therefore you are selling it".
I know I am most likely overthinking it, but I'll appreciate if somebody explains to me what they can see and how far they can see in these tests

Status
Not open for further replies.