• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Urinary retention

Greeny808

Greenlighter
Took a Louis vuitton pill (a few of my mates also took them and there fine) Friday night I still can't properly empty my bladder I usually have this problem but it goes away when the roll wears off I'm gonna see a doctor if I'm not alright tomorrow anyone had this for so long? Any advice

Welcome to Bluelight.

Since this is a drug related problem, I'm moving it to Other Drugs.

Drink a lot of water, fruits i.e., watermelon. Green tea etc. A doctor may deal with that quite easily unless you have a real bad kidney problem it will be okay. And even if you do chances are that a proper medication will resolve it.
It might be only tension, anxiety. Depending on the substance you´ve taken it can last up to 48 hours.
I could suggest a light diuretic but you need to hydrate yourself.
Good luck!
Erik.

I think diuretics aren't actually good in cases like this as they can put too much strain on the kidneys with the additional pressure of urine trying to get out. Happy to be corrected though.

I had several large kidney stones and was thus taking a lot of opiates for the pain and suffered from urinary retention. I found three good ways.

1) Fill up a sink (plugged) with luke-warm water, did your chap in and just literally let yourself melt - let go of all of your tension, your anxiety about not peeing, the pain, the discomfort... just let go of every muscle you're contracting. Usually the luke-warm temperature will induce urination. If that doesn't work you can leave the warm tap running in the sink and splash about a bit... I guess it's that psychological water splashing thing that makes you want to urinate.

2) Have a warm shower and pretty much do the same as above...

3) Sit down on the toilet, as opposed to standing up, and just completely relax. I find that when you're stood up, you're a little more tense, but when sat down and your body muscles aren't tight and have relaxed, you've got a better chance of urinating.

I guess everyone has their own little ways... Unfortunately I had to be catheterized in the hospital because of severe urinary retention, but that was more to do with the kidney stones than the opiates. Oh, I was also put on a alpha-blocker called FLomax/Tamsulosin, that really helped after the catheter was taking out. Could pee like a baby. It's available OTC in the UK.

Just be patient, set a long time aside and don't feel rushed. It WILL come.

Last edited:
Perfect! I figured diuretics as a last solution. You are quite right.
I had once an episode at the hospital where I could only leave if I´d pee.
Imagine how hard it was. I was just crazy to get the hell out of there.
It will come!
Great suggestions though!

I think diuretics aren't actually good in cases like this as they can put too much strain on the kidneys with the additional pressure of urine trying to get out. Happy to be corrected though.

I had several large kidney stones and was thus taking a lot of opiates for the pain and suffered from urinary retention. I found three good ways.

1) Fill up a sink (plugged) with luke-warm water, did your chap in and just literally let yourself melt - let go of all of your tension, your anxiety about not peeing, the pain, the discomfort... just let go of every muscle you're contracting. Usually the luke-warm temperature will induce urination. If that doesn't work you can leave the warm tap running in the sink and splash about a bit... I guess it's that psychological water splashing thing that makes you want to urinate.

2) Have a warm shower and pretty much do the same as above...

3) Sit down on the toilet, as opposed to standing up, and just completely relax. I find that when you're stood up, you're a little more tense, but when sat down and your body muscles aren't tight and have relaxed, you've got a better chance of urinating.

I guess everyone has their own little ways... Unfortunately I had to be catheterized in the hospital because of severe urinary retention, but that was more to do with the kidney stones than the opiates. Oh, I was also put on a beta-blocker called FLomax/Tamsulosin, that really helped after the catheter was taking out. Could pee like a baby. It's available OTC in the UK.

Just be patient, set a long time aside and don't feel rushed. It WILL come.
Wow, Flomax is OTC over there? I've been scripted it for kidney stones too but I'm not sure it'll work for opioid-induced urinary retention.

If anybody is going to give it a try though, know that tamsulosin often causes allergic reaction in those with allergies to sulfa drugs.

Last edited: