• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Urgent warning about deadly blue LEGO-shaped ecstasy tablets containing three times the average dose of MDMA

mr peabody

Bluelight Crew
22728410-7831751-The_light_blue_Lego_shaped_pills_seized_in_Northern_NSW_have_pro-m-23_1577500186671.jpg

Stay away from this pill: Urgent warning about deadly blue LEGO-shaped ecstasy tablets with three times the average dose of MDMA

By Alison Bevege | Daily Mail Australia | 27 Dec 2019

The NSW Health Department has issued an urgent warning to New Year's Eve revelers over potentially deadly ecstasy pills shaped like blue Lego blocks.

A number of the high-dose MDMA pills were seized in northern New South Wales, prompting the emergency warning ahead of New Year's Eve dance parties.

MDMA causes the body to overheat, sometimes leading to organ failure, coma and death - with hot weather increasing the risk.

It can also cause severe agitation, paranoia, seizures and heart problems.

The NSW Poisons Information Centre said the light-blue 'Lego' tablets contained an average dose of 150mg of MDMA - which is double or triple the usual dose found in an ecstasy pill.

The NSW Health Department warned on its website that MDMA is likely to be incompletely mixed meaning dosages are variable.

Poisons Information Centre Clinical Director Andrew Dawson said the consumption of high doses of MDMA had been linked to serious illness and death.

'It can cause severe agitation and paranoia, raised body temperature, seizures or fits, heart rhythm problems and death,' he said.

"While one tablet alone can be life-threatening, the risk is greatly increased if high doses or multiple tablets are taken," he said in a press release on Saturday.

"The drug is more dangerous if taken in combination with alcohol or other stimulants such as methamphetamine or cocaine," Professor Dawson said.

22728410-7831751-_Tesla_ecstasy_pills_were_another_recent_dangerously_high_dose_p-m-24_1577500209490.jpg

'Tesla' ecstasy pills - another recent dangerously high-dose pill containing 130mg of MDMA

Professor Dawson urged anyone feeling unwell after taking MDMA to call Triple Zero.

'Importantly, look after your mates. If you feel unwell, or if your friend feels unwell, do something about it. Don't ignore it. You won't get into trouble for seeking medical care,' he said.

Two people were rushed to hospital suffering from drug overdoses at the Wild Horses music festival in country Victoria earlier in December, with police finding one in four cars checked outside the event contained illicit drugs including speed, cannabis, cocaine, mdma, GBH (known as Grievous Bodily Harm), ice, and ketamine.

A 24-year-old man died of a heart attack at the Strawberry Fields Music Festival in November after taking a mixture of MDMA, cocaine and gamma hydroxybutyrate (GHB) - also known as liquid fantasy.

22728414-7831751-image-a-22_1577499915457.jpg

New Year's Eve in the Park celebration last year. This year the dance party in Victoria Park
in Sydney's inner west will host drug amnesty bins for the first time.

Earlier this year an inquest was held into the deaths of six young people who took MDMA at music festivals.

In response to the deaths, NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian has introduced drug amnesty bins which will be trialed at the New Year's Eve in the Park festival in Sydney.

The bins allow festival-goers to throw out illegal drugs without penalty.

The amnesty bins have been introduced in part as an alternative to pill testing, which is opposed by the authorities as giving a false sense of security and condoning illicit drug use.

Six people who died:

Joshua Tam, 22
Alexandra Ross-King, 19
Diana Nguyen, 21
Joseph Pham, 23
Callum Brosnan, 19
Hoang Nathan Tran, 18

Last edited:
Since when has 150mg been double or triple the standard dose of MDMA? These days that's distinctly average. Chances are that if its killing people, it's not purely MDMA.
Agreed, I was preparing to make this thread a sticky, until I saw the dose. That's not all that high and certainly not 3x the average, unless you take the average in a place that's known for having low quality pills. 150mg is about the right dose for someone experienced, just a tad too high for someone inexperienced, though not catastrophically so

Still, thank you for the warning. Thanks for looking out

Heh, I've just noticed that article is from The Daily Mail. Therefore none of the information can be trusted. There probably has been a warning issued about these pills, but they probably contain a lot more MDMA than the article states. I wouldn't be surprised if the original warning said something like "these pills contain 2 - 3 times the standard dose of 150mg", which is totally different to what this article states. If this is the case, then this type of shoddy journalism can be actively dangerous as anyone taking the report at face value could bosh a whole one and get a lot more than they bargained for.

Also, further down it says:

"one in four cars checked outside the event contained illicit drugs including speed, cannabis, cocaine, mdma, GBH (known as Grievous Bodily Harm), ice, and ketamine "

Only twats in newspapers call GHB "GBH" (and especially "Grievous Bodily Harm").

Last edited:
Heh, I've just noticed that article is from The Daily Mail. Therefore none of the information can be trusted. There probably has been a warning issued about these pills, but they probably contain a lot more MDMA than the article states. I wouldn't be surprised if the original warning said something like "these pills contain 2 - 3 times the standard dose of 150mg", which is totally different to what this article states. If this is the case, then this type of shoddy journalism can be actively dangerous as anyone taking the report at face value could bosh a whole one and get a lot more than they bargained for.
Rollsafe recommends 1.5mg per kg of body weight, making 75mg a safe starting dose for someone weighing 50kg. 150mg is twice that.

Last edited:
^^^I don’t think a 40kg person should be eating any drugs... Probably best to start with a burger.

I’d say the 1.5mg/kg works for newer users. But I like the weight in kg plus 50 rule. That one seems to work better for most.

So for a 70kg person that comes out to 120mg. Which is perfect IMO.

-GC

A pill containing 150mg of MDMA is far from a deadly pill. However its strange to reference a tesla as containing "high dose of 130mg"
Sure 130mg is decent for a pill but teslas originally were containing much higher. A half was sufficient so couldn't be 130mgs

Rollsafe recommends 1.5mg per kg of body weight, making 75mg a safe starting dose for someone weighing 50kg. 150mg is twice that.

My point is that there is something wrong with that article. Many modern pills contain upward of 200mg, so I dont understand why a warning would be given over supposedly high strength pills that only contain 150mg, unless it's something other than MDMA. It's in the Daily Fail and the journalist obviously knows fuck all about the subject and is being sensationalist. If they truly are high strength and contain 300mg+ (as many of the pills that are issued with warnings do) then anyone reading this and believing the dose to be 'only' 150mg could take a full one rather than a half.

Last edited:
These presses are acutally pressed in the high 250-300 mg mdma range they have flooded NZ and australia. There are some pills containing 400 mg mdma all different colour presses and quite large some of them weighing 660 mg + including fillers.

These presses are acutally pressed in the high 250-300 mg mdma range they have flooded NZ and australia. There are some pills containing 400 mg mdma all different colour presses and quite large some of them weighing 660 mg + including fillers.

Thanks for confirming that, its exactly as I suspected. The warning is real, the reporting is false and dangerous.

Harm production at its finest... :\

Did you by any chance run into lab results or an article confirming that? Not that I doubt what you're saying, it's just if we have confirmation, I think I'm going to put up a warning and send one to other platforms and people as well, that is absolutely insane

I did some quick searching but that 150mg figure is repeated everywhere

Did you by any chance run into lab results or an article confirming that? Not that I doubt what you're saying, it's just if we have confirmation, I think I'm going to put up a warning and send one to other platforms and people as well, that is absolutely insane

I did some quick searching but that 150mg figure is repeated everywhere
We have testing down at festivals. Plus the people buying them by the hundreds told me the average doses in most of the new presses

We have testing down at festivals. Plus the people buying them by the hundreds told me the average doses in most of the new presses
hey TripSitterNZ, fellow Kiwi here ;-) have you come across green grenades or yellow pharoahs? they're floating around Welly atm..

hey TripSitterNZ, fellow Kiwi here ;-) have you come across green grenades or yellow pharoahs? they're floating around Welly atm..
Hi androoo, sorry but we don't do drug identification in this section. There is 1 section that allows such questions (only about MDMA pill identification, nothing else) and that is the pillreports section, you can start a thread asking about those pills there